Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old May 20, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
I have only stayed at the singer Island location. But the beach is beautiful there. And it was super easy to get a taxi/uber. Longest wait time was 4-5 minutes.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:14 am

We stayed at the Singer Island location last August. I can't comment on their treatment of Diamonds as I was gold but I found the staff to be lovely and would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. The Singer Island beach was beautiful, chairs, umbrellas and towels were available for use by the guests (cabanas at the pool, none on the beach). Poolside and beachside service as well for drinks and sandwiches/snacks. The beach is basically steps from the hotel, you walk outside and you're on the sand. Keep an eye out for interesting shells and for staked off sea turtle nests. It looks like only the ocean view rooms have actual balconies that you can sit out on.
There are also restaurants a reasonable walk from the hotel if you don't feel like heading into WPB proper.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Hmmmm.... lets see..... warm, balmy February breeze from one of the closest, gorgeous Gulfstream ocean current locations in the world or noxious city fumes near the PBI airport? Hmmmm..... the debate. ARE YOU CRAZY !!??? What debate? Aeeeiiii !
Old May 21, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks to all for the useful and much appreciated replies. As for this one...

Originally Posted by sallyerd
Hmmmm.... lets see..... warm, balmy February breeze from one of the closest, gorgeous Gulfstream ocean current locations in the world or noxious city fumes near the PBI airport? Hmmmm..... the debate. ARE YOU CRAZY !!??? What debate? Aeeeiiii !
LOL! As I'd mentioned, the Hilton has the advantage of being walking distance from my relatives and I don't know what West Palm Beach is like. But I got a kick out of your reply, regardless.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sallyerd
The Hilton West Palm Beach isn't really near PBI and is in a nice area of downtown around a lot of great restaurants and bars. Are you thinking about the hilton airport?

OP, both are nice and you just have to decide if you want the convenience of being in the center of it all or want to be at the beach.
indufan likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks very much, jinrop.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Quick trip to Key West

We have a wedding in Ft Myers at the end of January so decided to fly down early and take to ferry to Key West, will stay for just one or two nights. I think we can use the $250 AX resort credit all four properties, would prefer no kids. I see the prices range from $300 to $550 so lets not use that as a factor, location, we obviously wont have a car?
Any suggestions?
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Well, avoid the Waldorfs, particularly The Reach.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I wouldn't dismiss the Reach which is no longer a Waldorf as it was just renovated and has the best location.

Casa Marina is a few blocks away, rooms are dated but the grounds are spectacular and it has an adult only pool.

Doubletree is nice, we are always treated warmly and it has a free shuttle to Duval Street.

I've heard the HGI suffers from street noise and there is a new Hampton Inn but these two are in busy New Town which is full of strip shoppers centers.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Really depends on what you are looking for.
1. None of the Hilton properties are convenient to Mallory Square, action on Duval; LONG walk from Casa Marina or Reach, DT's free shuttle makes it a viable option.
2. Echo BrlDsquise's comments regarding HGI, Hampton inferior location, street noise concern; have not stayed at either.
3. Reach is still basically an upgraded motel - small rooms, exterior hallways. Would not bother.
4. Most KW beaches are meh, shuttle in the case of DT.
5. As BrlDsquise mentioned above,Casa Marina's grounds (pools, food and beverage) are by far the nicest, most true resort "feel" of the group; Doubletree is still respectable - pool bar is typically a fun place to hang out. I believe Reach guests have access to the Casa Marina grounds.
6. DT offers the best Diamond breakfast benefit - Casa Marina will nickel and dime you, no recent Reach experience.
7. Diamond suite upgrades are much more likely at DT than Casa Marina.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Thanks everyone
i wasnt quite thinking through this thing, we probably should go down Sunday, use our weekend cert, then the resort credit on Monday. My wife now thinks it might be more fun to drive down to Marco, I see we could book an ocean view for around $300, It looks like they have a nice beach, hopefully get a decent room?
Any opinions on which area is nicer? We dont do much, in fact I think the Super Bowl is that Sunday - that will take a chunk of time.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors
If you want a nice beach, then don't bother with Key West. Marco island is a great idea, not too far from Ft. Myers, decent beach and lots of restaurant options. But again, this is if you want beach vs. the KW party vibe.

My other suggestion is to go bed and breakfast at KW instead of a Hilton chain - but that's depending on your motivations for visiting KW.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Sarasota/Bradenton Option

Looking to burn a Free Weekend night cert, what is my best option in Sarasota? Embassy? Other? Looking for good location with walkable restaurants and a decent pool with hot tub.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 1:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I just stayed two nights at the ES Sarasota a week ago.

Very nice suite. Diamond upgrade to a high floor corner. Breakfast is still a little Covid-infringed but at least theyre serving To Go clamshells Of French toast / egg / sausage. They even do drinks reception at night which is nice! The only downside of this property is that it didnt have a hot tub and the pool was somewhat cold due to a shaded location.

Due to relatively low occupancy I was able to get free parking right across the street instead of the extortion parking in the garage. PS: Walk to Owens Fishcamp for dinner very cool place, neat vibe.
DC9 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I just stayed two nights at the ES Sarasota a week ago.

Very nice suite. Diamond upgrade to a high floor corner. Breakfast is still a little Covid-infringed but at least theyre serving To Go clamshells Of French toast / egg / sausage. They even do drinks reception at night which is nice! The only downside of this property is that it didnt have a hot tub and the pool was somewhat cold due to a shaded location.

Due to relatively low occupancy I was able to get free parking right across the street instead of the extortion parking in the garage. PS: Walk to Owens Fishcamp for dinner very cool place, neat vibe.
Cold pool and no hot tub kills it unfortunately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.