Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Siesta Key is a great beach!
Consider yourself fortunate that the Hilton Long Boat is not available.
I have also stayed at the Doubletree on Reddington Beach and give it very high marks. That property is about 20 minutes north of Siesta. Enjoy the trip.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: 8x Hilton Diamond Member, Southwest A Member & Companion pass Holder
great thank you! however i put it in mapquest and it shows an hour and 15 min drive from siesta to reddington?

Originally Posted by cornfedcowboy
Siesta Key is a great beach!
Consider yourself fortunate that the Hilton Long Boat is not available.
I have also stayed at the Doubletree on Reddington Beach and give it very high marks. That property is about 20 minutes north of Siesta. Enjoy the trip.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Thanks indufan for your input--much appreciated.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nonstopski
Fair enough. I've revised my feelings from earlier. Might just cut our stay shorter to stay at the Casa Marina for 2 nights (partner has Marriott and Hyatt points). So it may turn into a 3 hotel adventure for a week, but the Casa Marina seems maybe worth it
Hyatt Resort and Spa is a great choice. Right next to the historic seaport which is lined with restaurants and bars.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Hyatt Resort and Spa is a great choice. Right next to the historic seaport which is lined with restaurants and bars.
Yea I dont want to hijack but I am working on a "get hyatt points as quickly as possible" plan as we speak... Did NOT plan this trip with enough points strategy in advance.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by LarryU
I would have enjoyed some Sriracha or Cholula to accompany the eggs so I'll see if they remember to stock it next time.
I agree!! Stick up for your culinary rights.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LarryU
I would have enjoyed some Sriracha or Cholula to accompany the eggs so I'll see if they remember to stock it next time.
Originally Posted by Cholula
I agree!! Stick up for your culinary rights.
I had a hunch that you might weigh in on this.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Doubletree or Hilton Melbourne, Florida

Which one of the 2 is the best?

The Doubletree or the Hilton. We like a Hotel with a quiet room. That´s the most important for us. Further more shade at the pool is important.

By the way, how is the weather in the second half of December usually?

Warm enought ot relax at the pool? Swimming OK in the ocean? Or is the ocean to cold at that time of the year?

Thank you very much, everybody in this great Forum.^
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
I stayed for one night last week at the Doubletree Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. I would say it's a pretty decent hotel. The room was clean, a bit rough around the edges but nothing I would consider bad. Every room has an oceanfront view, which is nice. Stayed on the 7th floor. Would call the room very quiet. With the sliding glass doors closed you could faintly hear the ocean waves crashing which was nice. Pool is average sized with a hot tub as well. There were quite a few chairs and umbrellas available around the pool and deck. Pool becomes shaded by the building by mid afternoon (in July at least). Nice pool side (full) bar with frozen drinks available as well. Diamond breakfast was nice buffet style with a good selection. All in all a pretty nice place.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Thumbs up Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

I have stayed at this property at least a dozen times for work, and have always been quite satisfied. I've always thought I'd enjoy coming back on vacation, but I always seem to be there for work

I really like the rooms at this property. They have a relaxed, "beachy" feel to them. Light yellow painted walls, nice balcony (try to get a balcony room facing the ocean...very much worth it!), spacious bath rooms (with long wooden vanity topped with granite), shower/tub combo if I recall correctly. A very nice room for the price, and the location is good as well (not far at all from many good, local seafood restaurants). I've never had any problems with noise at this hotel, even during the peak summer tourist season, and I've always slept comfortably on the Hilton beds. I also thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and even had a few good dinners at the hotel too.

I used to live in Central Florida, and I'd say the weather in December is usually around 65-70F during the day, and it can drop to 45-55F at night. Personally, I would prefer a pool at these temperatures, especially as evening nears. The hotel does have a nice pool and hot tub with an outdoor bar. The hotel faces East towards the ocean, so there is plenty of sunlight during the first half of the day, and then after noon or 1PM, the hotel begins to cast its shadow on the pool area.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Please ask any more questions if you like. Just be sure to reserve the correct Hilton (there is 2 in Melbourne...one on the beach, and the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place near the airport). I hope you enjoy your vacation in sunny Florida
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Nice Hilton branded property in S Florida for family

Looks like our fam will be doing S Florida in March for our annual 1 week. Using FLL. Looking for a good resort property, either Atlantic or Gulf side, that offers a good value in terms of decent beach with swimmable water for younger kids (5&8), good pools (want way more than a 15x12 dunk tank), and things to do in the area. Would also like a good point redemption rate but not critical.

Have been reading about the Marco Island Hilton, the Diplomat, and the Ft Lauderdale Hilton resort. Probably want to steer clear of SOBE area as too much party central for a younger family like I have.

Looking for your experience, thanks!

Thanks!!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:41 am

Well scratch the Marco Island property, appears only booking after April 1.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:38 pm

Bump up
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Looks like our fam will be doing S Florida in March for our annual 1 week.

Have been reading about the Marco Island Hilton, the Diplomat, and the Ft Lauderdale Hilton resort. Probably want to steer clear of SOBE area as too much party central for a younger family like I have.
Fort Lauderdale Beach tends to be pretty mellow most of the year. The exception is the Spring Break period. I'm local to Fort Lauderdale. Last Spring Break, I was out at the beach and saw a college kid hurl in the street, a woman flashing her breasts, and about 30 uniformed police officers trying to keep things from getting too out of hand.

Whether you'd experience that depends on when different colleges schedule their time off. Honestly, Spring Break can last 3-4 weeks because not all schools take the same week off.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:32 pm

Yeah not wanting to be a part of spring break central, perhaps there are quieter parts of the beachfront in FLL? Maybe the Gulf coast is a better option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.