Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree Guest Suites, in the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Resort {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doubletree Guest Suites, in the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Resort {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2000, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Any recommandation for this hotel. As a Gold VIP, what should I expect? Is there a club/executive lounge? Since I booked a two-bedroom suite, is it possible for an upgrade?

This is my first Doubletree stay ever, any comment will be appreciated.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 3:13 pm

Doubletree Guest Suites, in the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Resort

I just booked an AAA stay at the Doubletree WDW after not being able to use HH points. I could have used them for the Hilton WDW but decided the rate was too good at the DT and the extra room would be nice since I have 2 kids. Any info on this beyond my searches on FT? Any upgrade amenities as a Gold or is continental breakfast it?

BTW, I got very frustrated trying to use points in FL even at less than Premium properties. Now I need to take out a loan for the WDW tickets .
Old Jan 14, 2003, 3:29 pm

Biggs, just as a side note, I was able to book an award for 6 nights for the ES in Lake Buena Vista for mid-March '03, but I did that months ago. Would have preferred trying to make the ressie with the Doubletree, but it would have required 150,000 points and didn't seem worth the extra 50,000. Have you tried the Homewood Suites in LBV?
Old Jan 15, 2003, 7:14 am

I tried the Homewood in LBV and no award stays and the rates were pretty high so I
guess it is booked up.

Old Jan 16, 2003, 3:54 am

Have stayed at this property a couple of times. One was a prepaid stay tied into a timeshare demo. Even on that one, at checkin we were presented with an envelope with breakfast vouchers (full breakfast not continental) for the entire stay, without even having to ask for it. Didn't get an upgraded room, but since all rooms are suites, not sure how many upgraded ones they have. Decor was a little outdated, but other than that found this was a really nice facility. Rooms were huge, really like a full size 1 Bedroom apartment. After having stayed at the Hilton up the street, I definitely prefer this property. Have a great time.
Cindi

By the way make sure to pick up your tickets from your local AAA to save a little on them.

[This message has been edited by cndij (edited 01-16-2003).]
Old Jun 6, 2003, 6:43 pm

Doubletree WDW (Downtown Disney area)

Has anyone stayed at this property lately?
Going in August.
Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2003, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I was there in March. Big place, but nothing really special about it.

Bruce
Old Jun 6, 2003, 9:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
I'm heading there in October. Do they have suites to upgrade to?
Old Jun 7, 2003, 1:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sassamanlaw:
I'm heading there in October. Do they have suites to upgrade to?</font>
ummm, the Doubletree Guest Suites in WDW is an all-suite hotel.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 7:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MaryAO:
Has anyone stayed at this property lately?
Going in August.
Thanks
</font>
Never tried it, but am a big Disney fan and vacationer, so I have a great site you should look at. This will give you a review and some snapshots of the Doubletree:

http://www.mousesavers.com/preferred.html

You can trust the mousesavers.com website. Mary Waring has been visitng and reviewing all things Disney for years. Also, another great site for more info is wwdwig.com. Deb Wills also posts several hotel reviews. Are you going to down to visit the Mouse? If so there are several sites that can save you money on anything from tickets to lodging to car rental to airfare. Did you know for 65,000 HHonors points you can get a free 4-day park hopper plus pass to WDW?

star

Old Jun 7, 2003, 7:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Should be: Also, another great site for more info is wdwig.com.

star

[/B]</font>
Old Jun 7, 2003, 3:23 pm

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
I was there in Feb. It is an older hotel in great shape for the Disney area. If you are an hh gold or diamond you get cert. for the breakfast buf.

The staff was great! We even got upgraded to a larger suite. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 4:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sassamanlaw:
I'm heading there in October. Do they have suites to upgrade to?</font>
I am there in Oct also.
2 nights at Homewood Suites Palm Parkway then a GLON at the Doubletree Suites WDW.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004980.html

Yes you can get a 4 day Disney pass for 65k HH points.

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 06-07-2003).]
Old Jun 8, 2003, 12:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

check out

www.disboards.com

I asked this same question over there and found that all the suites are pretty much the same other than the view. Cashing in points for this hotel are pricey. If you already have enough stays for whatever level you want to attain I suggest checking out the Summerfield Suites by Wyndham. It has gotten very good reviews and is very close to WDW. The only perk you get as a Hilton Elite at the DT is free breakfast. I already have enough stays for this year and there is no real Hilton benefits so I am going for comfort and space during my October stay in WDW. For less money we will get a two bedroom / two bath suite with full kitchen at the SS. If you will have a car this seems like a much better deal. The SS internet rate for the 2/2 is $97

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOLK/guestrooms/main.wnt
Old May 27, 2004, 12:00 pm

Double Tree Guest Suites In Walt Disney World Resort

Does anyone have information regarding this hotel? I did a search and only found another question but no reply. I am interested in a group meeting at this location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.