Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:07 pm
cjd

Another excellent value advance purchase stay here last night. King bedded room in the new wing with walk in shower. Golds and Diamonds get 20% of food and drinks in the restaurant. At the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant, Diamonds can choose items off the supplementary menu free of charge. No charge for car parking.
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Now 20000 points per night.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:08 am

Well, bad news but I'm surprised it's been 10k for so long.

The Hampton has gone to 20k too.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
So has the Newcastle Hampton, I wonder if there’s anywhere left in the U.K. for 10K?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
So has the Newcastle Hampton, I wonder if there’s anywhere left in the U.K. for 10K?
Newport Hampton
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
And Corby Hampton
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Now 20000 points per night.
darn... oh well. Was nice while it lasted
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:51 pm

This hotel drives me mad with the way they process advance purchase non-refundable bookings.

Sometimes the charge goes through a few days after booking.

Sometimes they bundle up 3 separate bookings into one transaction and it goes through a month later, which messes up your accounting because now there's a charge that doesn't match any of your bills or any of your client invoices.

Sometimes the charge still hasn't been made against your card over a month later, screwing up your carefully planned spending against different spend targets for bonuses. (For the first time, I've actually found a use for the Curve "Go back in time" feature to make some compensating adjustments)

Twice this year I've had to dispute charges when they've charged my card after a points stay.

I've just wasted the last hour going through card statements trying to match things up to my bookings.

I don't recall ever booking an AP rate anywhere else without the charge going onto your card the very next day. It should never be any other way.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by todderz
This hotel drives me mad with the way they process advance purchase non-refundable bookings.

Sometimes the charge goes through a few days after booking.

Sometimes they bundle up 3 separate bookings into one transaction and it goes through a month later, which messes up your accounting because now there's a charge that doesn't match any of your bills or any of your client invoices.

Sometimes the charge still hasn't been made against your card over a month later, screwing up your carefully planned spending against different spend targets for bonuses. (For the first time, I've actually found a use for the Curve "Go back in time" feature to make some compensating adjustments)

Twice this year I've had to dispute charges when they've charged my card after a points stay.

I've just wasted the last hour going through card statements trying to match things up to my bookings.

I don't recall ever booking an AP rate anywhere else without the charge going onto your card the very next day. It should never be any other way.

On prepaid bookings I am usually charged within a week of booking, but a few times I have had not been charged until just before check in. Sometimes not even charged until check out. For UK properties generally within 2 working days though.

I agree getting multiple charges lumped into one is confusing and annoying. You could just not book them all at once or call the hotel and tell the reservations staff to charge you immediately.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:58 am

They're (finally) renovating the restaurant and getting much needed updates to the menu - including the bar menu.

The restaurant will be shut for a month. Not sure how they'll handle breakfast or meals. I'm guessing the kitchen will be operating? There's plenty of space to relocate breakfast...

There's not much in walking distance nearby and delivery options aren't great. JustEat functions out here. An M&S food hall opened up in walking distance. It'll be easier for those who've driven.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:17 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by AStarr
They're (finally) renovating the restaurant and getting much needed updates to the menu - including the bar menu.

The restaurant will be shut for a month. Not sure how they'll handle breakfast or meals. I'm guessing the kitchen will be operating? There's plenty of space to relocate breakfast...

There's not much in walking distance nearby and delivery options aren't great. JustEat functions out here. An M&S food hall opened up in walking distance. It'll be easier for those who've driven.
Had another pleasant stay on Friday. Was surprised to see that the Piano restaurant is now a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill. Seems to be a few of these now in Doubletrees and Hiltons in the UK. Enjoyed a nice 3 course meal and Golds and Diamonds still get the 20% discount off food and drinks in the restaurant. At check in, they also gave us 2 complimentary drinks vouchers each for the bar where we used them, but I think they can also be used in the restaurant. Breakfast is taken in the same restaurant. Used the pool and it was very quiet around Friday 5pm. We like the rooms in the new wing and always ask for one of them. This hotel can be booked for some very good rates at times.
chrism20, wizla and AStarr like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:45 am

Just had a one night stay (escaping heatwaves by hanging out in hotels is kind of fun)

Checked out the new restaurant. It's a VAST improvement on the previous restaurant in terms of food quality. Service is better too, but still has it's quirks. The 20% off is nice.

Breakfast quality is still the same tough bacon. And the sole Henderson's bottle has gone missing.

The bar menu is supposedly undergoing some changes. That will be nice to see. The room service menu has also been updated. Had a lovely proper ceasar salad complete with plenty of anchovies.

Not much else is different from what I can tell so far.
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
How did upgrades go?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
How did upgrades go?
I was already booked into the new wing, didn't request an upgrade
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Decent 1 night stay the other day but with a couple of issues;

Booked a King Deluxe, no upgrade before checking in.
Asked at check in about upgrade and was told I was in an upgraded room!
Pointed out that this was the room I had booked and was again told I was in an upgraded room.
Tried to explain the concept of room upgrades being an upgrade from what you booked, but was struggling to get through.
Resorted to showing the room types available on the app and highlighting which one would actually (one bed suite) be an upgrade from a King Deluxe.
Even then was told that a King deluxe was a more modern room, so told them I was more into retro and eventually given the room.
Overall experience of getting a defined benefit of diamond membership was very hard work!

Room was basically two rooms combined and half decent, lounge room with settee and large TV. Other room had bathroom with bath/ shower.

Decided to eat in restaurant and redeem one of the two drinks vouchers.
Food was good and service quick and attentive.
Asked about 20% discount for Diamonds and it was confirmed available, wasn’t in the welcome letter or anywhere else, so thanks to the OP who highlighted it!

When bill arrived, I had been charged for the “free” glass of wine, so had to get the bill redone.
Signed amended bill and photo’d on my phone.

Rest of stay uneventful redeemed the other voucher in the bar, where there were signs up specifying what it could be used for.

Checked out in a hurry without scrutinising the bill.
When I got chance to look at it, discovered the charge for the restaurant had been increased.
Contacted hotel who said they would investigate and eventually got a call back with an explanation of a fault on their till which had re added the free drink.
Sceptical about this excuse, but got an amended bill emailed through.

In summary a decent hotel but hard work to get defined benefits and a correct bill!
chrism20, :D!, wizla and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.