Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown {US-NC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown {US-NC}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2002, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Arrow Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown {US-NC}

Any comments or reviews on this hotel?

Thanks,
Reed
Old Dec 30, 2002, 10:35 am

It's an average property. The only full service Hilton property in the area. The rooms are okay. Unfortunately the walls are pretty thin. I had the pleasure of hearing a prostitute at work in the next room on one stay, and could even hear her making the call to her pick-up guy when she was done. The night club on the lobby floor is very busy some nights, so if there are a lot of people outside, it can be noisy. After a week there, I opted for the Homewood Suites behind Crabtree Valley mall. Great property--new, good food, and very quiet.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Hilton Raleigh North/Midtown

Hello all,
Anyone stay here recently? Is it decent? Do you know if there is a charge for internet connectivity?
Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
I live nearby. Been to conferences, but not stayed.
Older Hilton property, but well maintained.
Restaurant on site is iffy.
Nice Bahama Breeze restaurant within easy walk on same side of steet.
$10 off --
Please try not to cross the street on foot. Suicidal.
Dennys just past the B Breeze.
Hospital and pharmacy across the street ... but as said, crossing is attempted suicide.
If you have a car, might want to search idines.
There are two nearby that are good
Tirimasu, high-end Italian, but high priced.
Carribean Cafe, not been there, but is is rated well and its name seems accurate.
if you are willing to drive 10 minutes for a meal, Bella Monica is excellent Italian food at reasonable prices, and is an idine.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I stay there for a conference every January, I like it. Very nice lounge with good food morning and evening and if I remember correctly great late night cookies, lounge staff very friendly; a couple of terminals in the lounge.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for info about this hotel.

Stayed there early this week and the hotel was nice for a business hotel. Clean room, friendly staff, convenient location. Would definitely stay there again.

Updating review...
After several weekly stays, I have to say that the customer service at the hotel goes above and beyond most business class hotels. I've had a couple mishaps during my stay and I have been more than impressed with the manner in which it was handled. Maybe this is a North Carolina trait, but I don't think I've come across a friendlier group of people. The staff really pays attention to their guest needs.

Last edited by badjuju; Mar 7, 2013 at 8:23 am
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report 12/31 - 1/1

Location: Easy to get to, less than a mile off of I-440 (aka the Raleigh Beltline) so probably 15 minutes to downtown Raleigh and 20-25 minutes to RDU. A mile away on Six Forks Road is North Hills Shopping Center which has a movie theater and a ton of good restaurants.

Hotel: While the property is somewhat older and looks it from outside, it's been renovated very well inside. The lobby and common areas and elevators and hallways have good lighting and new carpets and all the fixtures seem new. There's a business center off the lobby as well as a gift shop and a library with a few books. There's also a pair of restaurants including the one where breakfast is served. They also give out free USA Todays and Wall Street Journals.

Check-In: The hotel hosts a large New Years Party (which is why I was staying there) so the staff was a bit frazzled. I was upgraded to the executive floor (6th, top floor) which even though the executive lounge was closed was really nice as it was much quieter on my floor than others. No suites were available unfortunately but I wasn't optimistic.

Room: The King on the Executive, 6th Floor was quite nice. A large bed, chair with ottoman, big desk area and outlets on both sides of the bed! Plus, anytime you're staying with a female and you have a bathroom and a separate sink and vanity outside the bathroom, you're happy. TV worked well with plenty of channels and the wifi was good.

Breakfast/Other: Breakfast was a buffet in the lobby and it was excellent. Cereal, yogurt, breads, pastries, fruit and cheese plus hot dishes including an omelet bar, french toast, eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausage, grits and potatoes. One of the largest spreads I've ever seen at a Hilton in fact.

The party was also quite good, the ballrooms they had set up were really good and whomever the hotel hired to handle the whole thing did a great job. They also gave guests a blue wristband and without one you couldn't get up to the rooms (two Raleigh Police Officers kept watch). Overall, very good hotel I'd stay at again and at 30,000 points vs. $189 a good redemption.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Sadly this property doesn't seem to have changed much over the past several years. Rooms look much like the photos above, still. It's a mediocre property, at best.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Five years later from the picture in the post above and the room looks the same. This is from third floor, not the 6th execute floor that I didn’t get upgraded to as a Diamond member. Same carpet?

The worst part of the room is the old noisy air condition unit. At least it’s controlled from a wall device and not from the unit itself. The fan keeps spinning regardless what setting you use. I probably have to turn it off during the night in order to sleep.

The executive lounge was okay. They had pork sliders, a minimal plate with veggies, and crackers. Only cookies as desert, no cakes or similar. The lounge attendant was very nice. A glas of wine is $6 + tip. The food and cookie service ends early at 8 PM, but the lounge is open to 10 PM (or was it 11 PM)?

The pool area is nice, but I didn’t see any showers or room to change. The jacuzzi is colder than the showers I take in the mornings.

Conclusion, a hotel with a design that brings back memories of the past. Won’t book this one again for next visits.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Stayed for a few weekend nights recently...
  • lounge is closed due to covid
  • As a diamond our room was not upgraded, but did get breakfast (anything off the limited breakfast menu). Eating dinner we overheard some folks talking about how they booked on Orbitz for cheap and were put on "the floor you need use your room key to get to the floor". We were happy with our room but I wonder if the fact we were on a price match rate (we saw that orbitz rate!) if our low rate was a reason we were not upgraded or they just didn't bother. But that being said not sure what the executive floor would have really bought us...
  • We were extended a late checkout (2pm was requested and given)
  • Staff were friendly and helpful. There was one person who served as bar tender / waiter / room service person (that I could see) and he was great (Antoine?). The the dinner menu was not the greatest. No food for lunch available.
  • Covid precautions seemed to be taken seriously by staff including seeing cleaning after dining that was above what I would expect in "normal times"
  • Seemed to be a weekend "get together" hotel. Mask wearing by guests was hit and miss. Crowding into front elevators, our room was near the back / pool elevator which was OK. Noise in the halls and kids running around.
  • Appears to be pet friendly as we saw quite a few dogs, some rather big.
Overall if I needed to stay in the area I would stay here but would not go out of my way to do so. I would not sing praises of the hotel but I wouldn't complain about it either.

I would say this had more of a Doubletree feel than a Hilton.
Abidjan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.