Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks-UND {US-ND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks-UND {US-ND}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2002, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks-UND {US-ND}

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021126/260103_1.html

Press Release Source: Hilton Garden Inn

First Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in North Dakota Opens in Grand Forks
Tuesday November 26, 9:05 am ET

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 26, 2002--Hilton Hotels Corporation announced today the opening of the 100-room Hilton Garden Inn® Grand Forks/UND, in Grand Forks, ND. Developed by Tom Arnot of Beechwood Development, LLC, the Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND hotel was constructed in a record six-month time frame -- construction began in May 2002 with the hotel opening its doors for business on Friday, November 22, 2002. On average, Hilton Garden Inn new hotel construction usually takes between nine to 12 months to complete.

University Hotel Development, LLC owns and operates the newly constructed Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND, under a franchise license agreement with Hilton Inns, Inc., the franchise subsidiary of Beverly Hills-based Hilton Hotels Corporation. Exel/Beechwood Management LLC manages the hotel.

"We are thrilled to open our first North Dakota Hilton Garden Inn location in Grand Forks -- adjacent to the University of North Dakota," said Adrian Kurre, senior vice president -- brand management, Hilton Garden Inn. "As the brand continues to open and develop properties throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico, we are rapidly becoming a recognized leader in the upper end of the mid-priced lodging segment."

The three-story structure Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND features: a signature glass-walled pavilion housing the reception desk; a Pavilion Pantry® with a selection of refrigerated, frozen and microwaveable packaged items, and sundries; the Great American Grill®, offering freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner; room service during dinner hours; a comfortable lounge area with a television and fireplace; three meeting rooms with 3,500 square feet of flexible meeting space; a 24-hour, complimentary business center; a fitness room; heated indoor swimming pool and whirlpool; and an on-site guest laundry facility.

Guest room accommodations and features include: a hospitality center with a microwave oven, coffee maker and mini refrigerator; a sitting area with an easy chair and ottoman; a hairdryer; and an iron and ironing board. In-room entertainment and information services include video-on-demand movies, video games and interactive Hilton guest services.

Business-oriented features of the guest rooms include: complimentary high-speed Internet access; a spacious work desk with a pull-out shelf for a laptop computer; adjustable lighting; an ergonomic chair; electrical outlets at desk height; and two telephones equipped with two lines, data ports and voice mail.

"All of our hotel team members look forward to welcoming business and leisure travelers to the Grand Forks/University of North Dakota area," said Doug DeMars, hotel general manager. "Our convenient location and the best in guest services makes us the perfect mid-priced lodging choice when visiting North Dakota."

Members of the Hilton HHonors® guest reward program can also earn Points & Miles® for every qualifying stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND.

Just four miles from the Grand Forks International Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND is located at 4301 Dartmouth Drive., Grand Forks, ND 58203; phone: 701/775-6000; fax: 701/746-0298. The hotel is situated at the intersection of I-29 and Demers Ave., and is an easy drive to Fargo, ND and Winnipeg, Canada. Nearby attractions and corporations include the Alerus Convention Center, Engelstad Arena, University of North Dakota, Amazon.com, Simplot and Altru Hospital.

The Hilton Garden Inn brand is part of Hilton Hotels Corporation; recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises more than 2,000 hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world's best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations Company® and Homewood Suites® by Hilton.

To find out more about Hilton Garden Inn hotels or make reservations, please visit our Web site at www.hiltongardeninn.com or call 1-800-HILTONS from the U.S. and Canada.

Hilton Garden Inn Media Relations
Jeanne Datz/Agnes Sibal, 310/205-4545
[email protected]/[email protected]
http://www.hiltonworldwide.com
or
Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks/UND
Doug DeMars, 701/775-6000

Source: Hilton Garden Inn
Old Apr 29, 2004, 12:25 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I have to spend 4 weeks in Grand Forks and plan to stay at the Garden Inn. My question isn't really Hilton specific, but is there anything to do in Grand Forks? Can someone recommend good restaurants?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: United Premier; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
I have to spend 4 weeks in Grand Forks and plan to stay at the Garden Inn. My question isn't really Hilton specific, but is there anything to do in Grand Forks? Can someone recommend good restaurants?

I am sure this won't help this poster, but maybe it will help a future one. Sanders is the best restaurant in the city, based on a couple of locals recommendations, and I was very pleased with the place. The hotel was decent, although I found the breakfast to be marginal. Internet signal was good, free cookies, and upgraded room for a Gold.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:18 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by coachigdon
I am sure this won't help this poster, but maybe it will help a future one. Sanders is the best restaurant in the city, based on a couple of locals recommendations, and I was very pleased with the place. The hotel was decent, although I found the breakfast to be marginal. Internet signal was good, free cookies, and upgraded room for a Gold.
Thanks coachigdon. I did visit Sanders a few times I was there. I'll have to say that they food is only marginally above average.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: United Premier; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
Thanks coachigdon. I did visit Sanders a few times I was there. I'll have to say that they food is only marginally above average.
Did you find anything better?

I must say, my expectations were not very high, but I thought the food was decent, and the chef/owner coming by to check on me was a nice touch.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It looks as if i'll be a regular guest here for the next few years, as my kid has just matriculated at UND to study aviation / aerospace and hopefully become a commercial pilot. (Don't know where he picked up that bug. )

It's a fine HGI with exceptionally responsive staff (except for the leadership apparently; see below) and a great location on the edge of the UND campus. I daresay it, or the nearby 11-story Canada Inn attached to a sports / concert arena, are the nicest hotels in town. But they routinely and ruthlessly double their rates during any campus event likely to attract parents. Not just commencement but arrivals weekends, parents' weekends, etc. Normal tariff is $85-$90, but when it looks as if someone might show up it jumps to $160 or so, which is high-end for Grand Forks. Cross-checking shows not every property in the area follows suit.

After my last stay I emailed the GM and front desk manager to say I'd be burning Marriott points at the GF Fairfield Inn during August student load-in rather than pay the HGI jacked-up rate. No acknowledgement or reply.

I guess things are booming in North Dakota and they don't have to campaign that hard for clientele.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I was in GFK again this weekend and there is now a Hampton Inn under construction a mile or two from this HGI. Also a Staybridge Suites. Boom town.

For UND freshman orientation weekend the Grand Forks HGI wanted $160 / night for a two-night, Saturday-Monday stay. I used points Saturday night at the Fairfield Inn down the street, and checked into the HGI for Sunday night only, for which the tariff was only $67.50+.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, dabbling in USAirways
I'll be staying at the Grand Forks HGI next week. When booking a room via Hilton.com, I noticed the new Hampton Inn is scheduled to open in July 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.