Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis {US-TN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis {US-TN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2002, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Memphis {US-TN}

Anyone been there? I originally booked at the Hampton I-40 (bad), changed to the Hilton East Memphis.

Is this one any better?
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:12 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Better, but still not great. There is an ES toward Germantown that you may to think about. I have stayed there many times times. Very nice.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:19 pm

Hilton East is just so so. Not the easiest to find, IMO. The hotel is starting to show it's age, but has John Calipari's steakhouse in it. As previous poster mentioned, there's a ES, I believe on Shady Grove, that is pretty nice. Close to interstate as well.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. We'll only be there to sleep since we'll be spending holidays at my sister's house. Those two were only two I could get with my current point balance. I think we'll try it as long as it's fairly safe.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 4:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bucko:
Hilton East is just so so. Not the easiest to find, IMO. The hotel is starting to show it's age..... </font>
My opinion as well.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 5:40 pm

Location: Cincinnati, OH - DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You should take a look at the Homewood Suites either in Germantown or there is also one over by Poplar Ave (closer to the Hilton east).

Both are very nice properties.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 8:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hilton(Now Double Tree) Memphis

I have an upcoming stay at the Double Tree, formally the Memphis Hilton East. Has anyone stayed at this location? If so, can you please get me some sort of details on what the hotel was like?

Thanks,
Jwhuffman
Old Dec 28, 2003, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
I was there last year, while it was still a Hilton. The location is not bad, but the hotel is pretty old. My room was OK, however. Cannot comment on the restaurant or the bar, as I did not use them. At the time, I was a Silver and so was not put on the executive floor. However, without my even asking, they gave me access to the executive lounge, which I thought was quite nice of them. The lounge was quite small, although the attendants were very pleasant. Of course, everything may be different now that it is a DT.

Not far from the hotel (on Poplar Ave.) is Corky's, which has excellent BBQ. If you have time and you like BBQ, I'd recommend it.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:22 am

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
I stay at this hotel quite often. As previous poster indicated, quite old and is showing wear in places. Not enough to keep you away. 1 restaurant, Cals Steakhouse. Pork Chops are very good. Executive level on 8th floor, key card access on elevator. If no rooms available on 8, they are usually good about giving you access. Cont. b'fast there in the morning, usually coffee, juice, bagels, danish, and that's about it. Evening 'reception' from 5-9, liquor (charge), and 1 appetizer. Nothing special.
There is a Fox & Hound Restaurant/Sports Bar across parking lot. Houstons restaurant close. Corky's BBQ about 2 miles away.
Also, if you can choose your room, ask for the north side facing Sanderlin Ave. Pretty active railroad tracks on South side. Although through the night, they don't run much, they sometimes go through early in the morning (6ish).
Good luck and if you have any further questions, email me.

------------------
Old Dec 30, 2003, 10:27 am

Thank You for the responses. I can't wait to get there. Thanks for letting me know about the BBQ place. I love BBQ.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 10:36 pm

Location: Memphis, TN USA UA 1K, NW Platinum, AA Gold, Starwood Platinum, HHonors Gold
Corky's Bar-B-Q is very good. May I suggest you try the "Onion Loaf." It is available only for dine-in customers. It is AWSOME!

Have fun, and if you want other suggestions, please let me know!
Old Apr 7, 2004, 6:50 pm

Double Tree Memphis

I know that I have asked this before.... but I was hoping that more FT members have stayed here recently... What was your experiences like at the Double Tree hotel in Memphis, Formally Hilton East Memphis?
Old Apr 7, 2004, 9:57 pm

I will be staying at this property next week. If no one has a review, I'll let you know how it is.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 7:29 am

Well, was hoping for another final review, as going to be staying there tomorrow.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 9:03 am
DAL

biddingfortravel.com has a couple of march priceline stay reviews on its site - on the home page go down almost to the bottom and find 'Carolinas/Tenn/Kent/WVir Hotels' under the Hotel Review header.

If you want some southern style breakfast or lunch try the yellow house back East on Popular, can't remember the name, it's next to the Cadilac dealer on the south side of the street,

This hotel should be fine since I used to pass some Hilton Corp offices not but a few miles away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.