Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Cairo, Egypt {EGY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Cairo, Egypt {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2003, 1:06 pm

Personally I don't think the package is worth 350,000 - you can get the same hotels rooms for much less and the extras such as transportation, couple of meals just don't close the gap (IMO). But the bottom line is that if you always wanted to go to Egypt then maybe its worth it.

The Luxor Hilton is only a category 2 hotel and I think most others in Egypt are either level 1 or 2. Personally I'd say that the safari is a much better deal but to each his own.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 2:14 pm

I would concur with McDaddie...350K points is too much for this package.

My wife and I stayed at Nile Hilton for $105 a night for 4 nights and Luxor Hilton for $65 a night for 3 nights. Travel by cab around egypt is extremely cheap..we hired a cab for each day for approx $20 a day!
Old Dec 5, 2003, 11:54 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I've seen rates in Sept - Dec for $50 a night at the Nile Nilton. Breakfast is usually included if you are a VIP (Silver, Gold, Diamond). The two tours won't cost that much... You can probably do the whole thing yourself for quite an affordable amount of cash. You should use those points for some dream vacation you won't/can't spend cash on. Just my 2 cents....
Old Dec 6, 2003, 2:23 pm

Well three people in agreement. That makes it a trend.

I did the Kenya Safari last August and thought the 250,000 points was priced just right. The Egypt one looks a little high with one day of touring being the highlight for two cities. I have yet to look at the airplane rates betweeen Cairo and Luxor. If I were to go it would be in in conjunction with the Kenya Safari as I would like to do that again. The conveneince of having everything done for you is a big plus. Working with Laura Tran who handles both Kenya and Egypt packages would be a plus also as she is very responsive and pleasant to work with.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 3:00 pm
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Macken7:
Working with Laura Tran who handles both Kenya and Egypt packages would be a plus also as she is very responsive and pleasant to work with.</font>
Is Laura Tran still responsible for booking these packages? I am in the throes of booking the Kenyan safari, and have yet to receive an email from her. It seems to be random as to who answers my email; never the same person - and never with the helpful attitude attributed to Laura.

------------------
Visit the FlyerTalk Get Together List.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 3:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Macken7:
Well three people in agreement. That makes it a trend.

I did the Kenya Safari last August and thought the 250,000 points was priced just right. The Egypt one looks a little high with one day of touring being the highlight for two cities. I have yet to look at the airplane rates betweeen Cairo and Luxor. If I were to go it would be in in conjunction with the Kenya Safari as I would like to do that again. The conveneince of having everything done for you is a big plus. Working with Laura Tran who handles both Kenya and Egypt packages would be a plus also as she is very responsive and pleasant to work with.
</font>

Macken7, would you care to elaborate about your experience with the Kenya Safari? I am considering our family vacation next year and Africa has been high on the list. The award sounds quite nice and I have 200K in points in my acct. I can transfer another 50K from Amex to cover the award. My problem is that there are four of us and the award is for 2people. I wonder if hilton allows you to pay cash for the two extras and what they would charge. You mentioned Laura Tran handles these packages. DO you have her email address or know how I can contact her to ask my question?

Also, did you by any chance post a trip report about this trip?

Thanks for your help.
US1@ORF

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; AA Plat; Hilton Gold VIP; Six Continents Gold
Old Dec 6, 2003, 5:54 pm

The Egypt thread has become the Kenya thread.

I don’t know for a fact that she is responsible for booking these trips. I know that she does handle them.

I believe that she can be reached at this address. [email protected].

Use the search function for the Hilton forum and you will find several recent trip reports including mine, which should be quite helpful. I think your family would have a great time. Going through all the threads will really prepare you for everything.

Hilton will allow you to pay cash for two extra people. It would mean two rooms at Salt Lick, as the room is on the small side and three is the maximum per room. I have been quoted a price of $400.00 extra for a child to go with two on the award. I am not sure what the current cost for an adult and child would be. Anyway ask all these questions for the latest information from Hilton
Old Dec 16, 2003, 1:18 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Continuing the Kenya trend...

I've been thinking a lot about the Kenya award too-- if someone finds out the price/details for a 3rd person, please post. Thanks!

Re. Egypt, the Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort at Giza, 45 min. from CAI, is a 6000/night Category 1 Point Saver, and just 8km from the Pyramids.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Viajero Joven:
Continuing the Kenya trend...

I've been thinking a lot about the Kenya award too-- if someone finds out the price/details for a 3rd person, please post. Thanks!

Re. Egypt, the Hilton Pyramids Golf Resort at Giza, 45 min. from CAI, is a 6000/night Category 1 Point Saver, and just 8km from the Pyramids.
</font>
Send an e-mail to Hilton for a price quote.
See above for address. I know that a third person (Child) is $400 and for two additional people (3rd & 4th)it is $1,860.

Old Mar 18, 2004, 3:29 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SanDiego1K:
OK, I've studied each thread on the Hiltons in Cairo - but still would appreciate a fresh view.

Please let the advice roll in!
</font>
Curious if there is a "better" Hilton property for the tourist?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Curious if there is a "better" Hilton property for the tourist?</font>
The Nile Hilton is the closest to the Egyptian Museum and is centrally located in relation to some of the other attractions.

Old Mar 18, 2004, 7:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jerry a. laska:
The Nile Hilton is the closest to the Egyptian Museum and is centrally located in relation to some of the other attractions. </font>
From Fodor's: "this hotel is a true oasis of comfort in the middle of the city. ...sandwiched between the Nile and the city's main square.

Also to note from Fodor's:

Cairo Hilton World Trade Center Residence "Cairo's best kept lodging secret..." & "And many of Cairo's best food and shopping options are in the same building, just an elevator ride away."
Old Mar 19, 2004, 12:28 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I would go for the Nile Hilton...

You can't beat the views from the rooms overlooking the river:

http://www.gnedge.com/travel/egypt/S...r_the_Nile.jpg

http://www.gnedge.com/travel/egypt/V...hotel_room.jpg

And the restaurants and service are great.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 4:59 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
The Nile Hilton has ignorant racist pigs as staff. I say this seriously and would never step foot in this property again.

Briefly, my wife was asked not to sit on the nice lounge the lobby. It was assumed she was a Filipino maid or babysitter. Class racism was alive and well on that day. I was in the bathroom and freaked when I saw what was happening. We went to another hotel.

As a side note: many rich Arabian families travel with their nannies. My wife is Canadian. No point arguing with these morons - I boycott this racist place and I hope you do too!

Regards,
Dave.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 5:12 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
from the 3 listed Hiltons I prefer the Nile Hilton (I often stayed there, when doing business with the Egyptian Pyramid breweries).

* I love to overlook the Nile from my room
* In my experience the windows are very well isolated against the otherwise heavy raffic noise
* it has tennis courts in good shape (next to the outdoor pool) and a really good tennis Pro (which I use as a partner to play singles)
* in walking distance to many downtown museums
* just in front (at the main plaza) is also the main local métro-station (a very modern métro, but only a short line)
* the main offices (ministry) to deal with resident/working permits, passport questions, where often one has to queue for an hour or more, is just around the corner
* in (about 20 minutes) walking distance from the historic bazaar zone (where I often also take a water-pipe break)
* on every of my so far about 10 stays at the Nile Hilton, have their been local wedding celebrations going on all night, and several times, around midnight, when lurking through the open door the belly dancers, I was invited to join the party

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.