Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Reservations - Employee Rate

Old Nov 5, 2002, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US - Plat

I am booked at a Doubletree hotel in the next week. A client of mine got me the Hilton Employee rate, and I was just wondering if there are any opportunities for upgrades (if available) upon check-in. Does the hilton employee rate get you any special perks?

Thanks for all your help and comments.
Old Nov 5, 2002, 3:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

when you say "employee rate" - do you mean the rate the employees of Hilton receive or the employees of your client receive. I sometimes use my clients corporate rate because they have a better negotiated rate. I just call up and say. "Hi I am prncess674 and I am an employee of [insert client's name here], we have a negotiated rate of $XXX I would like to check in on XXX."

Unless your client is Hilton I don't think you are getting a Hilton employee rate.
Old Nov 6, 2002, 5:50 am

I would caution you that if you are truly on a Hilton Employee rate, you may need to show identification upon check-in which indicates that you are an employee of Hilton. You might want to check with your friend to make sure that you are prepared.
Old Nov 6, 2002, 6:41 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
My guess would be that you'll get no HH benefits from a Hilton employee rate...
Old Nov 6, 2002, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I always thought you were upgraded just for being a princess!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prncess674:
when you say "employee rate" - do you mean the rate the employees of Hilton receive or the employees of your client receive. I sometimes use my clients corporate rate because they have a better negotiated rate. I just call up and say. "Hi I am prncess674 and I am an employee of [insert client's name here], we have a negotiated rate of $XXX I would like to check in on XXX."

Unless your client is Hilton I don't think you are getting a Hilton employee rate.
</font>
Old Nov 6, 2002, 9:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
I always thought you were upgraded just for being a princess!!!

</font>
Well there was a desk clerk at an unamed Hilton property who would get me little comps. I amused him with a wink and smile occasionally but definitly nothing more! But being a princess doesn't hurt either. I work with some people who don't travel alot and they say I must be at the QUEEN level by now with Hilton, I think I will stick with Princess for now though.

Old Nov 6, 2002, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US - Plat
Hi. Thanks so much for all your replys. I thought I'd clarify. I have the $39 a night employee rate. I have a friend high up in Hilton who got me this, and he said it'd be no problem.

I was just wondering if the desk agent might upgrade us when he sees we're "Hilton Employees."

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:10 pm

the answer is no, probably not!

I am a Hilton Emp and it is extremely easy to get an emp. rate or FAF rate if you book far enough in advance.. however, keep in mind you can get the employee in trouble if caught! Some hotels WILL call and verify it is indeed an emp so use caution, or do the right thing and request a friends and family rate... we all don't get to take advantage of having a friend in high places so neither should you! It's just not fair to all, if it were, we'd all get emp disc!! Seriously, if you have a friend in high places more power to you, but it's just not right! and NO upgrades are given for being an emp.. if anything they treat you lower than reg guests... they can probably sell the suites for full price... why would they give it to you...
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Stace0,
Welcome to Flyertalk. Not many people come here and dig up a seven-year old thread for their first post!

I have stayed on an employee rate before, $35/night at the Cavalieri and the (formerly) Paris Hilton. Well, that was more than a dozen years ago, but there were no problems doing it.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Just bear in mind that if I'm staying at the same hotel at rack rate, I'll call you for some house-keeping and room-service matters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.