Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:23 pm

Returned for a rare Saturday night yesterday
Digital key issue (it intially loaded correctly ) but by the time I arrived had to q at front desk for manual card
Hotel very busy - lots of guests in reception at 6.30pm
Exec Lounge was busy though stocked well intially - door left open so beers ran out quickly with guests taking several and then walking out
Lounge was unattended for the hour I was in there hence tables uncleared and wine and beer ran out
Returned to room and opened the sofabed to retrieve my bag contents - d’oh
Found nail clippings , used tissues and other unmentionables with an unmade stained bedding
Duty Mgr came to room after I went to complain (no one answering ‘CareLine’ ).
He asked why I’d pulled out the bed if I was the only one in the room but changed tact when I asked him why this was relevant - told no housekeeping (after 9pm) removed items and offered a complimentary drink which I declined
Ordered some bar food to take to room - after 15mins wrong item given - Mgr then bought correct order to my room and noted I’ve not been charged ((£11)
Heating and hot water off at 7am - went for breakfast and told they’d had a boiler issue the previous day and offered a room to shower in if I required
Breakfast was good - very attentive staff and looked after very well
Checked out just after 8am - hot water and heating restored
Night Mgr who attended my complaint came over to chat to me and apologised profusely
Back next Sunday noticed I’ve been upgraded to an Exec Suite - will report back
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Based on the last info of maxandclaude2000, seems this property has staffing issues on Saturdays as during my last visit, it was also on a Saturday that I had so much issues - and it was really difficult to get things resolved.
Seems that the new front desk manager (this is what I understood when I was contacted) still have not managed to get things under control.

Cheers!
maxandclaude2000 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Based on the last info of maxandclaude2000, seems this property has staffing issues on Saturdays as during my last visit, it was also on a Saturday that I had so much issues - and it was really difficult to get things resolved.
Seems that the new front desk manager (this is what I understood when I was contacted) still have not managed to get things under control.

Cheers!
Two more Sunday night stays - preassigned upgrades disappeared then reappeared to different rooms and on both occasions rooms not ready by 5pm
First stay eventually Exec Suite 671 - another configuration , bathroom has a step which stubbed by toe on . Heating not functioning and very creaky bed .
Breakfast on first occasion stuck behind large tour group who at 6.30am were similar to a plague of locusts ! Though to be fair staff replenished items in 10 mins - it was quite comical
Second breakfast was quieter and service and selection very good - though the staff know which table I prefer and the chef remembers how I like my poached egg and brings its over to me .
Second stay and tonight much improved - hotel is very quiet (27%) occupancy received 571 at 4pm
Lounge set up before 6pm
Same selection of cold foods and the Karim has made a delicious guacamole- it’s delicious
I’m on own here currently enjoying the piece and quiet and there’s a very good Shiraz - methinks they’ve put out the wrong bottles lol
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:41 am

Three more Sunday night stays booked before the Flash Sale ended (£74) preupgraded to Exec Suite (671) very quiet on arrival at 5.30pm .
Bottle of chilled Cava , cakes and tins of Coke and welcome back card
Library off the bar is closed for renovation
Exec Lounge set up early - new sofas and change of layout .
Food now under the tv and large fridge full of waters, cokes , my fav ‘posh’ lemonade , beers and juice
White wine is back to the average Italian and red wine
Food layout is usual cold meats , cheese and crackers and decent bread rolls
Lounge busy but guests enjoying the late evening sun
Front Of House Manager popped in to introduce himself and leave his card and a complimentary cocktail !
Breakfast awaits at 6.30am
wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Three more Sunday night stays booked before the Flash Sale ended (£74) preupgraded to Exec Suite (671) very quiet on arrival at 5.30pm .
Bottle of chilled Cava , cakes and tins of Coke and welcome back card
Library off the bar is closed for renovation
Exec Lounge set up early - new sofas and change of layout .
Food now under the tv and large fridge full of waters, cokes , my fav ‘posh’ lemonade , beers and juice
White wine is back to the average Italian and red wine
Food layout is usual cold meats , cheese and crackers and decent bread rolls
Lounge busy but guests enjoying the late evening sun
Front Of House Manager popped in to introduce himself and leave his card and a complimentary cocktail !
Breakfast awaits at 6.30am
Thanks for the report. ... I need an excuse to return here, love that view over the Thames!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Thanks for the report. ... I need an excuse to return here, love that view over the Thames!
me too, especially love the large rooms with balcony in the summer, great place to unwind.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend

me too, especially love the large rooms with balcony in the summer, great place to unwind.
Definitely...... when I used to stay I always used to request room 2427 ( now called 440 I believe) and usually was successful.
This is high floor/ end double double room overlooking the Thames in the building behind reception.
Many times I’ve sat out on the balcony relaxing with a glass of red watching the sun go down over the west end....... pleasant.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:54 am

Another Sunday night stay preupgraded to Two Bed Exec Suite (334) - the layout of the Suite has changed and forgot there’s no bath but an upgraded walk in shower .

Exec Lounge set up just after 6pm - nice vibe despite being busy for the hour as was there .
Usual cold nibbles and a delicious spicy carrot and coriander soup - a good addition to the selection .
Bought a better white wine from the staff which was very gratefully received .
Noticed a guest walking in taking a bottle of wine and several beers out of the lounge (

Good solid quiet slip with the Thames lapping against the shore )

Early breakfast busy but excellent service - new chef is great and perfect poached egg bought to my table .
Warm plates and good selection of items . IMHO there’s been a definite improvement in the breakfast service .

Popped into Exec Lounge fully stocked and new upmarket granola bars out .

The Library refurbished has been completed though haven’t looked further as yet .

Meeting the GM’s PA later this morning

Overall another good stay - last stay next week (
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
First visit, today. I love the location and the layout, but the service in the restaurant was quite different from the Hilton standard I'm used to. The music was quite loud, the place was more empty than full, and it seemed to be well staffed. Somehow my main course took nearly 40 minutes to deliver and my Irish coffee never arrived, 25 minutes and 2 requests later (apparently the bartenders did not know how to make one...how is that possible in a Hilton?). I stood up and asked for a bill at the counter, got a discount and apologies, paid, and left.

(while I was paying the bartender came up to ask whom the Irish coffee he was carrying was for. It was finally ready but it looked more like a well blended latte to me. )
Old May 28, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
in jr suites, is there place for additional bed for child? do they charge additionally? (I am Diamond)
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:59 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I read in a different forum that the property provides shuttle service to Canada Water tube station. Can anyone here confirm that? Is a minifridge available by request as I don't see it as a listed amenity (at least in the regular rooms)?

TIA.

LAX
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:18 am

The shuttle bus was from the Hilton days. There is now a public bus service from outside the main entrance to Canada Water, can't remember the cost as I just use my oyster card.

Lots of people on here walk through the park to Canada Water but I've never done it, feels like it would take too long.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by TheVengefulTraveller
The shuttle bus was from the Hilton days. There is now a public bus service from outside the main entrance to Canada Water, can't remember the cost as I just use my oyster card.

Lots of people on here walk through the park to Canada Water but I've never done it, feels like it would take too long.
Yes correct you can walk through park to Canada Water but it will take a good half hour.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I see on their website that they mention they have a free ferry that goes across the Thames to a spot where it is a short walk to the Canary Wharf tube stop. They make it sound easy. Does anyone know anything about this?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by HookEm
I see on their website that they mention they have a free ferry that goes across the Thames to a spot where it is a short walk to the Canary Wharf tube stop. They make it sound easy. Does anyone know anything about this?
Yep, basically as you said although it’s a good 10 min walk to the tube station, there are other options too from the other side ........ you can catch the Docklands light railway or the Thames clipper river service from here .
Personally I use the river service as it’s much more pleasant.
MoodyB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.