Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:46 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rocketman93455
Does anyone have any experience with the Hilton London Docklands. I'm planning to stay for a week with my two kids.

Thanks
I stayed there a couple of times and I really like it. I always found it very comfortable and for me, it's the best Hilton in London (have stayed couple of times at Green Park, Hyde Park, Paddington, Heathrow, Doubletree).

As others mentioned, it's a bit tricky to get there but you can also use the boat! Also like the 'proximity' to LCY.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 7:01 am

Its certainly not the best Hilton in London. River-view rooms can often mean an upgraded room right above the bar, which happened to me twice and I didn't get any sleep, or, on a weekend, when the weather is warmer there will be various boats going by with people singing until 1 or 2 am.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond
Thank you very much for all the great information! Too bad the internet isn't free. I am looking forward to my first trip to London with the kids.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What do they offer for Diamonds since there is no lounge? Breakfast? Evening snacks? How long does it take to get the ferry from the hotel into central London?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What do they offer for Diamonds since there is no lounge? Breakfast? Evening snacks? How long does it take to get the ferry from the hotel into central London?
It varies always a free breakfast sometimes fruit and a half bottle of wine too. The rooms generally are quite tired and somewhat unusual for a relatively modern property. I am not really a fan of this property. Given its proximity to Canary Wharf it is often relatively cheap, there is a reason for this. This property would make a great fit with most US Doubletrees.

The Hilton Canary Wharf is a FAR better property and worth every penny of the additional rate. The Hilton Tower Bridge often doesn't cost much more and again is a far better property.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.862 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

The property is quite nice if you get a deluxe room in the wharf building. The rooms in the "modern" part are YMCA style and tired. However, the view of Canary Wharf at night is pretty nice.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
Does this hotel have an executive lounge?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 2:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
NO, it does not. As a Diamond you get a larger room, a free bottle of red wine, free breakfast and free internet.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
The bus service to Canada Water has been discontinued, but the ferry to Canary Wharf is now complimentary for guests of the Hilton Docklands Riverside.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mapu
The bus service to Canada Water has been discontinued, but the ferry to Canary Wharf is now complimentary for guests of the Hilton Docklands Riverside.
Great improvement. I wish they had done it earlier this summer when we stayed there.

We enjoy this hotel as a family of four, and find it to be a real value.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:05 am

Thanks for the information. ^ I have a stay coming up and would probably have been standing for ages outside the Canada Water station waiting for the shuttle...

Last edited by Koby; Jul 25, 2011 at 11:51 am
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
This is a good hotel if you can find a cheap rate - always got my preffered room in the wing opp Canary Wharf and the free breakfast for Diamond is excellent ! Staff here especially check in are excellent !
Old May 31, 2012, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone stayed here recently????may end up staying here later this year....any recent experiences would be helpful....
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
how often does the ferry run????
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Keyser
how often does the ferry run????
Every 10 minutes at peak times, every 20 off-peak.

More info at:
http://www.thamesclippers.com/routes...docklands.html

PDF of the timetable at:
http://www.thamesclippers.com/images...etable_oct.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.