Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:57 am

Honor bar at Tampa airport Hilton

Has anyone been to the executive lounge here?
Just wondered what exactly they have in the evening
there and how much they charge for beer and drinks
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Stayed in August. Was not impressed. From what I can remember it was beer and wine. Snacks were below par and the clientele certainly should have had a restraining order.

There is a nice BBQ place just up the road from the hotel and quite a few other restaurants within the vicinity.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:06 am

Oh bummer I just booked a prepaid room in the executive level WAAAAAAAAAA
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Good Stay - Poor Lounge!

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

2225 N Lois Ave Tampa, FL US 33607

Good Stay - Poor Lounge! (8 Photos)

Check In

I was staying here for 6 nights and was a little worried based on some of the reviews on TripAdvisor - I should not have as the hotel was fine.  Check in was quick and the ladies were very nice - some seemed new so had to ask a few questions of their collegues but nothing that got in the way of the experience.

IMG_7561.jpg

Room

The room is where this hotel got it right for me.  It was newly renovated, large with a settee and the bed was really comfortable.  The view was OK - I thought I would see more of the airport and approach than I did but I cant complain.  There was very little noise, either from the airport or the surrounding areas.

There was a HUGE TV which was great and quite a few channels to watch - a fridge was also in the room to put drinks etc in.  

The bathroom was nicely done and very modern - the mirror was great and the haridryer did the job, although I prefer them a little more powerful!

There were some plugs and USB ports by the bed so at least they got that right with the renovation - so many hotels fail at this basic thing.

IMG_7553.jpgIMG_7554.jpgIMG_7556.jpgIMG_7557.jpg

Service

That staff were really friendly - some seemed new and inexperienced but were all being supervised.  Nothing was too much trouble - even the hotel shuttle would deviate and drop you off at points other than just the airport - including local restaurants and the AVIS hire car place!  This is a great offer that goes a long way at a hotel!

Dining

I ate at breakfast once and was not that impressed - nothing cooked to order just a buffet but all the essentials were there and again, the staff were excellent.

The Executive Lounge was the most disapointing part of the stay - it really was sad and dark!  I stopped by to see the evening service once - it was a couple of hotplates with some old looking food on it - no alchohol that I could see - just soft drinks.  There are no windows and quite frankly I think they should do away with this and give Diamond memers a drink at the bar - I would have been really annoyed if I had paid extra for an Executive Lounge room and got this!

IMG_7578.jpgIMG_7576.jpgIMG_7577.jpg

The hotel is very close to the airport, with an aiport shuttle every half hour although you need to phone to have it pick you up.  It is also close to some great restaurants - I would highly recommend the Cooper's Winery place for happy hour - great cocktails and huge 'appetiser' portions at a reduced price - plus the staff are very nice.

You are also very close to the International Mall and a very short drive to the Westshore Mall - I dont think I could have got a better location for what I wanted to do.

Overall

Overall I really liked this Hilton - is was far better than some of the US Hiltons that you find as it was updated, with friendly staff and in a good location - particular for an 'airport' hotel.

I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the Tampa area.

Good Stay - Poor Lounge!

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Stayed here last year to some mixed reviews; great location (a block from Cigar City Brewing, lots of restaurants), good service, but had a silly parking charge and had a dirty bed when I arrived to the room. Some coworkers stayed here recently, however, and said that the executive lounge is now closed, and Diamonds get a continental breakfast with an upcharge for hot food, while golds (most of them were golds) were not given breakfast coupons. If that's their new policy, I'd HIGHLY avoid until Hilton steps in to fix.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any recent stays here? EL gone? Definitely looks like perfect location for what we need for upcoming trip. Airport shuttle a bonus too.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any recent stays here? EL gone? Definitely looks like perfect location for what we need for upcoming trip. Airport shuttle a bonus too.
Bump

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.