Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
justinc848 / donnak - Thanks for the info! :-:
Old May 15, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
The original premise for this thread is funny. I stayed here back in March 2010 on my way home from Astros Spring Training in Kissimmee, and other than being in kind of a lame nuevo-suburban-commercial-park-esque area with very few restaurants within spittin' distance, and that this is one of those 1980's Hiltons in need of a revamp....this place ain't bad at all. Free transportation to TPA, and a short drive if renting a car (keep a keen eye out for gas stations....there is not one on the way to TPA from this property :-, and a decent pool area very near the bar...and this is a bit above par for HH airport locations, although ymmv.
Old May 15, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
theblakefish...

Sorry you had to endure the pain of an Astro's spring training.

Old May 15, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by OB one
the OP may be around still but the original post is from 2006.
OK- That's IT!!!
I'm not going to post on Friday nights when I'm stupid tired.
I'm not going to post in the morning before my coffee hits.

I guess that leaves me from 2-5 on Wednesday afternoons.
Old May 16, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by theblakefish
The original premise for this thread is funny. I stayed here back in March 2010 on my way home from Astros Spring Training in Kissimmee, and other than being in kind of a lame nuevo-suburban-commercial-park-esque area with very few restaurants within spittin' distance...
I'm not trying to flame - but this is highly inaccurate. There are a ton of restaurants within 10min and the food at the bar is pretty good (I'd stay away from the other restaurant though. Charley's steakhouse is next door. If you come out of the lot, make a left and then a right, there are a TON of restaurants like Ruth Chris..etc. If you drive toward Dale Mabry, which is about 5 min away, there's a mall and a bunch of fast food places like Sonic, Wendy's..etc.
Old May 16, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by justinc848
I'm not trying to flame - but this is highly inaccurate. There are a ton of restaurants within 10min and the food at the bar is pretty good (I'd stay away from the other restaurant though. Charley's steakhouse is next door. If you come out of the lot, make a left and then a right, there are a TON of restaurants like Ruth Chris..etc. If you drive toward Dale Mabry, which is about 5 min away, there's a mall and a bunch of fast food places like Sonic, Wendy's..etc.
You just reinforced my original post -- bar food, a steakhouse next door, an expensive Ruth Chris (which I did experience when I was there...you can't go wrong with that place!), and then you drive to another place or a mall. I would rather fast than eat at a mall. :-:
Old May 16, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
You just reinforced my original post -- bar food, a steakhouse next door, an expensive Ruth Chris (which I did experience when I was there...you can't go wrong with that place!), and then you drive to another place or a mall. I would rather fast than eat at a mall. :-:
There are a decent number of restaurants near Ruth Chris and a ton of mid-priced ($20 - $30/person) on South Howard which isn't far.

Perhaps I took having a car for granted. If one doesn't have transportation, I agree that restaurant selection is limited (though as stated before, the food in the hotel bar is pretty good).
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Have any of you who have stayed here before stayed on the weekend? I'm wondering if the executive lounge is open on the weekend. Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by IrisT
Have any of you who have stayed here before stayed on the weekend? I'm wondering if the executive lounge is open on the weekend. Thanks!
Yes, I have...and no, it isn't...at least the last time I was there....
Old Oct 28, 2010, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Yes, I have...and no, it isn't...at least the last time I was there....
Which is actually better. You get comped breakfast in the restaurant then.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:01 am

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Which is actually better. You get comped breakfast in the restaurant then.
I agree ~ the restaurant breakfast is better. Just no evening goodies then... Thank you both for the information!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
BUMP---//. Any recent experience. Staying here soon....
Old Nov 26, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
BUMP---//. Any recent experience. Staying here soon....
Most of public areas are in renovation construction otherwise rooms appear to be done.

jimbo
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
Hilton TPA

I am staying at the Hilton Tampa Airport this evening and am pleased to post this trip report.

1. When I asked for a suite (I am a diamond), the front desk indicated that the property had no suites. The front desk folks were cordial.

2. I was not upgraded to the executive floor (11th), but was given access. Apparently the hotel is fully booked this evening.

3. The lobby interior seems to have been recently updated. The room (double beds instead of my desired king beg) is decently appointed and in good shape.

4. Room service dinner -- French onion soup and grilled mahi -- was quite good and promptly delivered.

5. I plan to visit the executive lounge for breakfast early tomorrow morning. Full breakfast is apparently not offered to diamonds. Also, the lounge is closed on the evenings of FRI - SUN. The continental breakfast at the lounge consisted of bacon and scrambled eggs (not real eggs, I suspect), cereal, muffins, bread, coffee and juice. I thought it was a pretty decent spread.

Overall, this is a fairly typical airport property.

Last edited by diaspora04; Jan 18, 2013 at 5:18 am Reason: Update on breakfast
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
They have a rather new HGI also. IT may be 2 -3 years old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.