Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Transfer of airlinemiles to Hilton points

Old Jul 8, 2002, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium

Transfer of airlinemiles to Hilton points.

Is this possible and where can I find info on this on the homepage... ?
Old Jul 8, 2002, 2:36 pm

More than possible. I always do it with my "orphan" miles. Here is the link (which I hope works - I have never posted a link here before!):

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rew...change_1.jhtml

Old Jul 8, 2002, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
Thanks, it worked...

Should have found it myself
Old Jul 12, 2002, 3:52 pm

let me tell you - the coolest is delta -
delta miles transfer 1 to 2.

I transferred 20K delta into 40K HHonors...!
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aredtsg:
let me tell you - the coolest is delta -
delta miles transfer 1 to 2.

I transferred 20K delta into 40K HHonors...!
</font>

and in my experience, one of the fastest to post to my HHonors account even though the transaction is handled via mail
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Soonerman:

and in my experience, one of the fastest to post to my HHonors account even though the transaction is handled via mail
</font>
I had UA post to HH in six days. Maybe they're getting their acts together.

Mike
Old Jul 12, 2002, 5:50 pm

My Delta miles posted to HH quickly in spite of the snail mail procedure. My UA miles that post electronically inter - provider still have not posted 3 weeks later.
I am going to transfer AA miles next week....why only 1 to 1 when Delta and UA are 2 to 1?

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 07-12-2002).]
Old Jul 12, 2002, 5:55 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
I needed to move points to miles to pull down an international ticket this month, and I paid the $25 to expedite from Hilton to the airline. Then called Hilton and told them that only one seat was left and needing to get those points over quickly, and within a day, they were in my mileage account.
Old Jul 15, 2002, 1:19 pm

I moved some HH points to AA by paying $25 as well. Though they said it's 5-7 business days, it was done within a day or two. I was thrilled.

FM Maniac

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TexasFlyer:
I needed to move points to miles to pull down an international ticket this month, and I paid the $25 to expedite from Hilton to the airline. Then called Hilton and told them that only one seat was left and needing to get those points over quickly, and within a day, they were in my mileage account.</font>

------------------
- I am a Freqnt Miles Maniac and a Ballroom Dance Miniac :-) -
Old Jul 15, 2002, 1:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nako:
I had UA post to HH in six days. Maybe they're getting their acts together.

Mike
</font>
I actually had UA post to HH in six WEEKS (after mucho "boomerang" complaints to both customer services).
Was definitely closing my UA account by fear of bankruptcy...
Old Oct 17, 2002, 6:57 pm

In case somebody needs a transfer from Hilton to AA in the future:

I initiated a transfer at noon on Oct 14 (forgot to request the expedite service); called back about 6 hrs later to see if it was possible to expedite the transfer I initiated at noon, and the request was accepted; the miles was posted on Oct 17, with a posting date of Oct 15.

It's worth the $25 expedite fee.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 11:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
I am going to transfer AA miles next week....why only 1 to 1 when Delta and UA are 2 to 1?</font>
Good question, have been wondering myself. This has kept me from signing up for several AA promotions if there was a similar UA promotion. I fly neither AA nor UA, but the miles I get at UA all go to my HHonors account. Doing the same with AA would reduce my yield with 50%

Old Oct 18, 2002, 11:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ql2112:
Good question, have been wondering myself. This has kept me from signing up for several AA promotions if there was a similar UA promotion. I fly neither AA nor UA, but the miles I get at UA all go to my HHonors account. Doing the same with AA would reduce my yield with 50%

</font>
Ahhhh.. a reason to register my AAdvantage Mastercard with United's idine program. 1 AAdvangtage mile and 20 Hilton HHonors (10 UA miles) points per dollar spent at select restaurants.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GUWonder:
Ahhhh.. a reason to register my AAdvantage Mastercard with United's idine program. 1 AAdvangtage mile and 20 Hilton HHonors (10 UA miles) points per dollar spent at select restaurants.</font>
This is slightly off topic, but if you get a new/replacement card from (in this case) AMEX do you need to notify/change anything with the idine folks? I only need a few more UA miles to get to a multiple of 5k so I can do the HH transfer.
Old Oct 18, 2002, 6:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
if you get a new/replacement card from (in this case) AMEX do you need to notify/change anything with the idine folks? </font>
Yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.