Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA}

Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
How is this hotel with early checkin/late checkout? The checkin is at 2 so that might not be a huge issue by time I make my way over from the airport but my flight out won't be until 11pm so it would be nice if I could have the room for a few extra hours then just spend the last few in the lounge if I had to.
Was checked in at 13:00 and checked out at 16:00. Got those times what I asked, stayed a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Was checked in at 13:00 and checked out at 16:00. Got those times what I asked, stayed a few weeks ago.
Good to know thanks. That should work out fine for me.

On another note is there any issue with safety in the area surrounding the hotel? It looks like mostly business in the immediate area but I'd like to try a few of the restaurants at night but can't seem to find too much info on the area east of the hotel.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat

On another note is there any issue with safety in the area surrounding the hotel? It looks like mostly business in the immediate area but I'd like to try a few of the restaurants at night but can't seem to find too much info on the area east of the hotel.
In the evening that area is mostly corporate and nothing much happens. Get a taxi to Jardins, Faria Lima or Itaim Bibi (bee-bee), neighbourhoods where major restaurants, bars and evening atractions are located.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:35 pm

Great thank you. Last question I can think of but does anyone recall an atm in the hotel or nearby? Ive had a few people caution me about using the atms at the airport.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist

It is safe area. Use 99 app, look the promo code for the first ride when you need a cab ride.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:41 pm

I checked in here yesterday. They let me checkin at 10am and I was just given a 5pm checkout despite the hotel being full. No room upgrade but since I got an early checkin Im fine with that. The executive lounge is nice minus the guy FaceTiming his wife so the entire lounge can hear the conversation. Overall im happy with the stay. No comments on breakfast since I missed it this morning but I was given the option of the lounge or restaurant.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:53 am

Does anybody have any experience with how extensive the executive lounge offerings are here? Trying to decide between this place and the Palacio Tangara for approx 50% more, but with 100 USD F&B credit through FHR.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Does anybody have any experience with how extensive the executive lounge offerings are here? Trying to decide between this place and the Palacio Tangara for approx 50% more, but with 100 USD F&B credit through FHR.
The offerings are fairly decent, but it's still lounge food. This blog in portuguese from 2016 shows a fairly accurate depiction.

While the Palacio Tangara is a little more isolated, it has better rooms (as opposed to Hilton's tired early 90s rooms), and home to Jean-Georges, a Michelin starred restaurant. 100USD goes a long way in Brazil, even at a hotel restaurant.

Last edited by RafKa; Jan 9, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Hello is there a Hilton branded property in the Jardin area? Apparently this is the place to stay?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hello is there a Hilton branded property in the Jardin area? Apparently this is the place to stay?
The titled property of this thread was quite nice when I stayed here a couple of times 15+ years ago. I remember traffic being so horrible.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by enviroian
There's a Canopy "coming soon", but not in a particularly nice corner of Jardins.

As for that being THE area to stay, that depends on you, your interests and the level of grittiness you're comfortable with. Jardins is undeniably smart, comfortable, strategically located, with plenty going on. I'd opt for the Paulista edge of the area and the Tivoli or Intercontinental if you want brands and luxe. Deeper in Jardins are the Fasano and Emiliano at easily twice the price of the Intercontinental brigade. There are, of course, better value Jardinian options: even an Ibis Budget.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There's a Canopy "coming soon", but not in a particularly nice corner of Jardins.

As for that being THE area to stay, that depends on you, your interests and the level of grittiness you're comfortable with. Jardins is undeniably smart, comfortable, strategically located, with plenty going on. I'd opt for the Paulista edge of the area and the Tivoli or Intercontinental if you want brands and luxe. Deeper in Jardins are the Fasano and Emiliano at easily twice the price of the Intercontinental brigade. There are, of course, better value Jardinian options: even an Ibis Budget.
Thanks for the info. I'm swayed towards the Hilton because I'm using points and as a Diamond I'll get the lounge access and probably a suite upgrade. I don't have a problem paying for another brand it's just dealing with little things that matter when you have status (early checkin, late check out) would be hard to come by at the Intercontinental etc.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe there are 2 nice Radisson properties in that area - Jardins, and another one in Paulista (the latter may not be as posh at the 2 former).
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Here for three nights. Arrived very early Monday morning, at 9 AM. The guy at the reception said he had a room for me right away - great after two long flights (MAD-MEX-GRU) and then a long drive to the hotel. When I asked him if he had an upgraded room he said I would get the room I had booked. At that point I figured out that they had missed my Diamond status for some reason....and when he saw my status he started looking for upgraded rooms on the computer screen. He said I could get a room on the executive floor OR a premium bridge view room right away, OR wait till something nicer became available later in the afternoon. The premium bridge view rooms looks way nicer than the executive rooms, so I opted for that. Then he issued me the room keys, and informed me about the executive lounge, which have evening drinks and snacks, and that the breakfast was served in the main restaurant until 1030 - and then he said I should go and enjoy the breakfast before going to my room, so I did that. That was really appreciated!

The "premium bridge view room" on the 11th floor is spacious and comfortable. - and the view is nice. They say that these rooms were renovated, but that renovation must have been done somewhere in the mid 2000s? Every bathroom fixture is loose. The wardrobe doors wont close.... and the door to the room slams every time someone in the corridor open or close their room door. Large working desk, a comfortable chair with a coffeetable and a sofa with a table. It's great to have several seating options. European 220 V plugs are provided. So is an empty frigde. Separate shower and bathtub. No glasses though - I don't get where they get this idea from? I find it annoying to leave my toothbrush on the sink, so I brought a glass down from the lounge. Hidden deep in the tv-cabinet was tea and instant coffee making facilities

The lounge offerings are similar to what you'll find in lounges in the US foodwise - some (very) green salads, some fried tasteless stuff and some bland soup, a far cry from the typical lounges in Europe, and even further away from the offerings in Asia. Nothing tasty and nothing substantial. On all three evenings I found the stuff to be quite inedible - and I am not picky at all! But a very few patrons touched the food. The selection of drinks were good though, but not as good as the report form 2016 (link earlier in this thread), but still had gin, vodka and whiskey. Wine, beer and sparkling wine is offered as well. Food and alcohol is selfservice, and is offered from 17:30-19:30. The lounge is open from 14:00-21:00 - for coffee, juices and soft drinks.

Pool is open til 21:00. It is very shallow though, maximum depth is 1,20 m. Breakfast is served till 10:30 in the main restaurant, just off the lobby. The offerings aren't extensive, but I found the breakfast to be tasty and nice. Great waiters as well! Coffee is served to your table. There is an omelette station. This restaurant also has an outdoor pation, and is open till early evenings. There is a bar on the 2nd floor, but I feels very generic and "cold".

Service range from poor to great. Some staff members does not command basic English. Service Express don't always pick up the phone. Housekeeping "forgets" to service the room. And some stuff just get lost in translation. Having said that - I would rate the service here as pretty average.

Location - the hotel is situated on top of a small shopping mall - nothing interesting, but you'll find an Carrefour Express (which is handy), a Havaianas shop, banks (with ATMs), some random stores, and some cafees and fast food outlets. As for anywhere in Sao Paulo - Uber is easily available and inexpensive. Morumbi Shopping is less than 2 km away from the hotel and has 400 stores, ranging from Gucci and LV, to Zara and HM, to Brazilian brands Osklen and Havaianas, gourmetmarket Santa Maria and Brazilian chocolatier Dengo. A wide range of fastfood outlets, restaurants and cafees are also to be found here.....and a Starbucks with a nice outdoor patio.

All in all a comfortable hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Last edited by skrosvik; Feb 23, 2022 at 6:42 pm
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I thought the lounge food was pretty decent when I stayed here. Its been a good 15+ years, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.