Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
My stay here last night was a bit hit and miss, no upgrade as a diamond, and the amount of time spent waiting for food in the restaurant and room service was just unbelievable.

The exec lounge is nice and amazing views, but my overall impression wasn't as good as Hilton Buenos Aires a few days earlier
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
Will be at this property in October for three nights. First visit. Any suggestions for transportation to/from the International airport. Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Brahmin
Will be at this property in October for three nights. First visit. Any suggestions for transportation to/from the International airport. Thank you.
Fail to understand your question; Anyway the options are taxi from GRU directly to your Hotel, or if on a budget consider the Airport Express Bus between GRU and World Trade Center, in the grounds of Hilton Morumbi.

The other alternative if arriving at odd hours is the Airfport Express Bus to CGH airport and when at CGH get a taxi to Hilton Morumbi.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by noubliepas
My stay here last night was a bit hit and miss, no upgrade as a diamond, and the amount of time spent waiting for food in the restaurant and room service was just unbelievable.

The exec lounge is nice and amazing views, but my overall impression wasn't as good as Hilton Buenos Aires a few days earlier
very similar experience - I did take a moment to email the GM as it is a shame that diamond guests do not receive a more consistent experience. food took an incredibly long time too..
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Honors Plata, Avis PFD
Just booked a two-night stay here in March 2016. Originally wanted a one-night stay, but hilton.com said sold-out. However a two-night stay was no problem. Very interesting.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:18 pm

Probably not sold out but a two night minimum stay requirement due to a high demand date. Might e.g. be because of some event like Lollapalooza festival on March 12th/13th at nearby Autodromo Carlos Pace in Interlagos, same usually happens around the weekend formula 1 is in town.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat (Lifetime Gold), Hilton Honors Plata, Avis PFD
You were right - had a two night minimum. Checked again today and was able to book one night.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi Mini Pictorial Review:

Sao Paulo view:

Sao Paulo skyline
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Finally had a work opportunity to travel to Brazil and of course had to do at least one night in a Hilton! This allowed me to say I have now stayed in a Hilton chain hotel on 5 continents (of the 7 we are taught there are in Canada, I appreciate other countries believe there are less) Would have loved to have stayed longer as the hotel was lovely and in a great area (upscale) but rather inconvenient for the locations we were visiting and it is rather steeply priced it has to be said. I thought i would post a few pictures and add some comments for those consider traveling to this interesting country. I didn’t take a camera with me (only my work phone which is poor, so apologies for the quality of pics and as it was quite busy in most public places, I didn’t take any pics of those spaces, sorry!)

To come to the point: I would use it again in the right circumstances but there are limitations. One is that it is about as far away from the Guarulhos airport as it is possible to be (meaning mainly time to get there and then anywhere else), and secondly, money, as it is quite expensive compared to some other chain hotels in the city one could use.

King Bed:

king bed Hilton Morumbi
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Check In:

The drive from the airport should normally take around 40 minutes in no traffic to around 3 hours in gridlock depending on the time of day. As my flight arrived very early, and the taxi driver wanted to get back to the airport before the city became clogged…I was at the hotel in 27 minutes (well above the speed limit and even overtaking police cars at some points, which amused me but may have scared others).

I therefore arrived at the hotel extremely early at around 07:20 on a Sunday morning. The front desk is located straight ahead of the main entrance with the elevators just around the left hand side of reception behind. A friendly employee greeted me and kindly found me a room that was ready at this time of morning. I do not think I received an upgrade (except a higher floor) but I was not at all bothered as I much preferred to get any room to save me having to wait until much later (normal check in time). I was told that normally they would charge for early check in (maybe useful to know if you do need this) but for diamonds they do this free of charge ^^

I was given a wifi code and my room keys and soon on my way.

The lobby and entrance are very nice, well lit and get quite a bit of sunshine as the one wall (entrance side) is almost all glass from memory. There was some limited seating area inside but this may be reduced right now due to some construction work that is ongoing and mentioned on the website. (I didn’t hear anything though). There was some space outside to stand and get fresh air (or smoke) but no seating that I saw.

Room:

floor Plan: (21st floor):

floor plan
by BA_pics, on Flickr

I had booked a basic room and received the same as mentioned above due to (at least in part) my very early check in time. They did give me a room on a fairly high floor (21st IIRC) although there were several floors above this (27 I believe, with a few of the 2x floors being exec room floors from the elevator labels and the 27th floor being the exec lounge floor).

The room reminded me of a German Hilton with the light wood colours and modern style. Everything was in good condition and the room was a decent size. Pictures tell more than words so I’ll not add much here.

View into room:

entrance
by BA_pics, on Flickr

reading area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Work desk area:

desk area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Mini Bar:

mini bar
by BA_pics, on Flickr

TV console:

TV console
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Old style HVAC controller:

air con controls
by BA_pics, on Flickr

I will say that the room had a connecting door to the room next door (which I intensely dislike) but I was tired and only here for one night so didn’t ask to be moved. To be fair I didn’t hear the neighbours when they were in the room but did hear a bit of noise from the hallway due to a bit of a gap between the door and the floor. Otherwise the room was very quiet.

The bed was very nice and I slept very well on it, however, the amount of sheets and warmth meant that you had to have the air conditioning on to have a chance to sleep or you would have roasted in that bed.

Bathroom:

The bathroom was quite nice and had a separate shower and bath with nice decor and space. Some humorous points (to me at least) were that:

1) the shower gel was blood red in colour and this was something I have never seen before…it worked well but the colour was a bit off-putting.

2) the toilet glass door had some opaque areas to it, which were meant to provide privacy but failed dramatically…as the design is for a shower door and not for the loo. If you look at the door picture below you’ll notice it does cover the upper body of a person when seated but would display everything from the belly button down to others in the room (especially in the bathtub)…now I imagine most people would be somewhat used to each other that share a bathroom but this may be a bit too much for some in some situations Be warned!

Interesting screening on loo door:

loo
by BA_pics, on Flickr

You’ll note the bath amenities were not PTR but some other brand…

Walk In Shower: (with rain shower and hand wand, good pressure and excellent temperature):

shower
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom Amenities:

bath amenities
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom Sink area:

sink vanity area
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathtub: (wth smoked glass that borders sleeping area):

bathtub
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Service:

I didn’t have much dealings with the hotel staff as it was really just a transition stop for us during our trip, however, the front desk lady that checked me in and the restaurant staff that I did deal with were all very friendly and helpful.

The exec lounge staff (2 people manning the desk as you enter) were also friendly but I didn’t have any interaction with them so can’t comment further.

Dining:

I had breakfast in the restaurant both days (and this was not a problem) ^

They had a very nice selection of food, fruits, pastries, cook to order station and more. The best breakfast I had in Sao Paulo (of 4 hotels).

The service was excellent, with people circulating all the time to check if you needed more coffee or take away dishes, etc. I have to say that you can also get cappuccino here instead of the usual coffee or tea but have to ask for it as they go and make it on request. It is also worth noting that the cappuccino here was a ‘normal’ cappuccino (without chocolate) which was appreciated in hindsight by me as everywhere else I went during our time in Brazil served cappuccino with a LOT of chocolate…apparently that is the way it is done in Brazil…so I tended to have espresso after I found this out.

The restaurant has some nice large windows to let sunshine in and plenty of seating with some interesting, almost industrial design to the restaurant. There appears to be a upper walkway that allows people to go and view some artwork on display as well above the main seating area but I never saw anyone using that walkway.

Exec Lounge:

There is an exec lounge at this hotel, on the top floor IIRC (27th floor). It was quite large and had plenty of seating options. The drinks choice seemed okay but the only beer they had was heineken that I saw. We didn’t use the lounge much except to do some work one evening and that was not during any food or drink periods. We ate breakfast in the restaurant each day.

As mentioned earlier, the hotel is roughly in the South West area of Sau Paulo, with the airport in the North East corner of Sau Paulo…the Morumbi area is a posh one with plenty of up market buildings, offices, and stores and a mall nearby for shopping and excellent food choices as well. It is a bit of a trek to get here but the hotel is very nice and was worth it for my purposes. (first day to acclimatise).

The office block across from my room and another view across Sao Paulo:

view out of 21st floor window
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Overall:

A very nice hotel, good staff, and excellent quality throughout. It is rather far from the airport though so be aware of this. (taxi cost me roughly 165 Real (about 36 UK Pounds at the time) one way. I also stayed at an iHG property and a Marriott during our stay and this Hilton was the best of the three by a good margin.

Hope this review and pictures help others visiting here and considering the hotel. I hope to go back and would book here again.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Ok not been an update in a while so report from a three night midweek stay a few weeks back.

It's where I always stay in Sao Paulo it's perfect location for what I need. As a tourist I have no opinion on the location. The easiest way unless you have driver is just take the airport bus. It drops you outside the Sheraton and then 3/4 minute walk through mall/office buildings to Hilton. Comfy seats, wifi and can use bus lanes.

The new lobby has been nicely done. Not much of an upgrade but on same floor as lounge which was convenient.

The room although a little old are spacious and great work space which is appreciated. Decent view from the room with a little of the river and nice view of planes landing. The wine from the welcome amenity was in one world....terrible.IMO

The lounge is a nice large space with good views. Great staff and was never busy. I think I was the only one in the space on the left as you enter everytime I was in there. Even during peak evening hour never more than 10-15 people in lounge. Evening spread is not bad. I think three hot dishes, one being beef but thats about all I remember. Definitely not a meal replacement or it wouldn't be enjoyable if you choose it to be. Not really any desert. Decent choice of wines and Cava, I think but didn't partake.

Breakfast could either be had in lounge or restaurant. I had breakfast in lounge one morning when I was in a rush. Pretty good spread and nice atmosphere.

Restaurant breakfast, very enjoyable. Fresh juice machine. Lovely omelettes, nice fruit and selection of juices. Tables are very close together would be only complaint and coffee not the best. Espresso based drinks better in lounge.

The reason I come back to this hotel though is the gym and pool facilities. A large and fantastic gym and the a beautiful lap pool with great views. Great place to workout and have a dip.

Overall, it's a great place to stay in SP although I have nothing to compare against. Its not luxurious but just a very solid Hilton.

Some pics:
Attached Images      
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My boss and I are arriving at 6:30 and 7am respectively and the local office wants to book us in the Hilton, but reserve a room a day ahead so we can freshen up before starting the work day. To me this sounds rather silly since I usually ask to take a shower in the spa or gym if possible (or if they don't give me a room for whatever reason when showing up before 12 noon).

Does anyone know if the spa/gym is available against a fee?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:16 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
My boss and I are arriving at 6:30 and 7am respectively and the local office wants to book us in the Hilton, but reserve a room a day ahead so we can freshen up before starting the work day. To me this sounds rather silly since I usually ask to take a shower in the spa or gym if possible (or if they don't give me a room for whatever reason when showing up before 12 noon).

Hi oliver2002, admittedly my stay was a year ago and a one off experience but I very much felt that they would find a solution for members (if you have Gold/Diamond status)? Or if you have booked an exec room or above?

When I checked in so early they did work with me to find a suitable solution to being there before normal check-in...so my advice would be to phone / email the hotel and ask if (hopefully as a gold/diamond member or staying in higher category room) you could somehow use a room/gym for a shower and change before heading out for the day and then check-in later. I believe they would find some solution that would suit you if you did (for no charge).

Good luck, I would agree that just using the spa/gym for a quick shower and change is much more reasonable than paying for an extra preceding night UNLESS you have no status and are not staying in an exec room or higher. They may still find a solution if you did contact them beforehand to arrange paying for the spa/gym and this may be what you meant...

Safe travels ^
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:57 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002

If the local office wants to do that, I would strongly suggest you accept their advice. Hotels in Brazil can be special and also not annoying the local office by implying that as a first-worlder you know more than they do would be recommended.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope, didn't spend 700+US$ for a shower, but organized a room in the transit hotel in GRU to freshen up instead.
More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brazi...reshen-up.html

Also the Hilton didn't hold the 339$ reservation while we discussed the additional day issue and wanted 469$ for one night instead when we had some clarity on how the arrangement on arrival would work. I politely declined and booked a different non-chain hotel for <200$/night.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:54 am

We are booked here for 2 nights using points in August over a weekend.

As HH Gold, what is the likelihood of an upgrade to Executive Floor under these circumstances (weekend, status, low-season)?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
How is this hotel with early checkin/late checkout? The checkin is at 2 so that might not be a huge issue by time I make my way over from the airport but my flight out won't be until 11pm so it would be nice if I could have the room for a few extra hours then just spend the last few in the lounge if I had to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.