Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Back at the Sao Paulo and booked into an executive room, and once again absolutely NO Diamond recognition. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the corporate rate we are obligated to use...???
what kind of recognition were you looking for? There is usually no upgrade beyond exec floor anyway and I believe breakfast is included. Sure, you sometimes get some goodies/water/wine or whatever, but this is not mandatory. Corporate rates should not change anything.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

Have you explicitly asked "What do you do for Diamonds at this property?"
Old Nov 18, 2006, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
... Amenity - Since you booked the executive level are you entitled? Does the property have to do this? I believe not, but a top notch property should give its Diamonds an amenty. ...
Actually, at the very least, an additional, "Amenity" or "Service" should have been provided.
Originally Posted by HHonors
At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodations or upgrade is not available, Diamond VIPs will receive an additional amenity and/or services, which vary by property.
It's the same in this for HHonors Gold members.

What this amenity/service actually is, only the Hotel can answer. I have had a box of chocolates or a bottle of Wine; A hotel may think two bottles of water or a free pressing would suffice.

It appears to often be the case that check in agents simply assume your Executive room implies you have received an upgrade so an amenity is not necessary. In these cases it is correct and proper at the time of check in to enquire as to what amenity is hotel IS going to provide.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:27 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
Hilton Morumbi Sao Paulo, Brazil

I recently made my first visit to Sao Paulo, Brazil. The company I was meeting with had a rate with Hilton and being Diamond it was my first choice anyway.

I cannot say that Sao Paulo is a place I am dying to return to, but the Hilton Morumbi was first class. Everyone from the front desk clerks, doormen, executive center were above and beyond friendly and English speaking. I believe that they said the Hotel is about 4 years old but looked brand new. Rooms were impeccable. Being Diamond, my welcome was a full bottle of red wine and a large box of chocolates. Fresh complimentary water was provided EACH day as well. Buffet breakfast in executive lounge very good plus complimentary happy hour, booze included each evening.

There is an underground mall that connects other buildings with shopping, restaurant's etc., which was nice. My only complaint for the hotel is the internet access was $45BR per day which is about $22 USD! Free wireless is available in the lobby and the executive lounge.

Overall outstanding. Just a warning though, Sao Paulo makes Los Angeles look small. Traffic is horrendous. Be sure to only stay here if convenient to your business needs. Ride from the airport (GRU) took 30 minutes on Sunday night, but took 2.5 hours Thursday night leaving the Hilton at 4:30 pm. A ride to a client office in the financial district, Paulista took an hour each way in the middle of the day.

Sao Paulo is not safe especially to those who don't speak the language. Hilton arranged a ride both ways for $200BR (90USD) each and allowed fee to be billed to room which again was nice. ATM's city wide are turned off at 10:00 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:07 pm

DLB404:

I agree 100% .... Hilton Sao Paulo is great.^ I highly recommend it, it's one of the best business hotels I have ever been.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:11 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
It is a very nice property, but an internet rate of $20-30/day is pretty standard outside the US, at least this is what I've found in Europe, Australia, and Brazil. (Haven't been to Asia for business.)

Even with such high rates, some places even set MB limits per billing cycle.

$9.99/day in the US is a bargain.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DLB404
Sao Paulo is not safe especially to those who don't speak the language.
I fully agree with you on the property review.

However, would you mind explaining your remark above in a little more detail. I would be very interested to know what exactly you are referring to.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 4:17 pm

If you happen to be flying in/out of Sao Paulo Congonhas (CGH) domestic airport the Hilton Morumbi is convenient.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 2:29 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Hilton vs. Hyatt Executive Lounge?

I have always stayed at the nearby Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo. They have a huge lounge with a great breakfast and an extensive spread for the cocktail hour along with space to hold a small meeting. I have never been at the Hilton. Can anyone comment on the size of the Hilton's lounge vs. the Hyatt and if it is open all day and on weekends?

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I don't know the Hyatt SP, but the executive lounge at Hilton is also big, open the whole week, with a great breakfast and evening cocktails.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by AAEXP
I fully agree with you on the property review.

However, would you mind explaining your remark above in a little more detail. I would be very interested to know what exactly you are referring to.
I've been to Sao Paulo and Rio and make no mistake these can be dangerous places. I'm a hefty chap of over 6 feet tall and consider myself to be savvy, fit and street-wise but these are places where life is cheap and you must stick to the official ways of doing things. Usually this means spending a little cash, ie dont take unlicensed cabs, dont wear a watch, etc. That said, brazil has a great culture and is a great place to visit, either for business or pleasure.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Personally I wouldn't stay at either Hilton or Hyatt. Both are very nice properties but only convenient to nearby businesses.

If you want to walk around I would suggest staying at Jardins area. Basically at the Renaissance (which BTW I prefer) or at the IC.

I have had four robbing attempts over the years and only the last one was a bit too over my liking. We were at the Foz do Iguazu and very close to out hotel downtown. Two guys came cycling and with guns.....

I have stayed at in Brazil very extensively over the last four years so I know these things.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get to the hotel from the airport?

Also, any updates on the executive lounge and wifi?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Apr 11, 2008 at 12:52 pm
Old Sep 26, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I have had two stays at this property in the last month and the facilities have not changed since the earlier posts- still ^^. Agree that it doesn't make sense to stay here if you need to be far away as the traffic is incredible.

As a Diamond I got the lounge access as MyWay, and an upgrade to an exec room one of the stays. One stay they asked me if I also wanted the 1,000 points or free internet- I took the points.

I wanted a late checkout on the most recent trip and they weren't able to do it but they let me use the lounge well into the evening on the day of departure. ^
Old Dec 1, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Had a wonderful stay here for 2 nights, here is my experience with this hotel.

I arrived from the local airport (CGH) around 9:30am and reached the hotel around 10:00AM. I went to my local office for business function right after check-in, didn't come in to my room until the evening and was pleasantly surprised what a nice room I had. There were a bottle of wine and a box of chocalate with glass/napkin sitting on the counter waiting for me too. The room also supplied with a large bottle of water and an apple, replenish daily plus tea/coffee available in the room.

Executive lounge is on the 26th floor, it is very spacious and have good supply of food/drink. Early evening I saw they have small sandwiches, sweets, meat plate, cheese plate, fruits, vegi dips, and two hot items (potato, beef one night, chicken the other night). Breakfast is also very good, eggs, salmon, meat, cheese, fruit, yougurt, pastry... coffee/tea serve at the table. All staffs there are wonderful. The ladies in the front helps on resturant recommendation, book massage, transportaion advise, etc.

I had a late check-out at 5:00pm and stay at lounge after that. Lounge has two shower rooms available if need to change and shower. The shower rooms are very nice, even equiped with robe/slipper/shampoo/conditioner/lotion/tooth brush... just like what the bathroom supply at your room.

Wifi at the lounge is free of charge. Just ask for a card with passcode which can last for two hours for access.

The only negative is the lounge has a smoking section and I can smell the smoke as the whole lounge is one big open space.

There is a gym on the 28th floor, it is run by living well which I've seen them in several Hiltons in London. The gym is good size, with many machines, free weights, heated swiming pool with small jet spa on the side, and a dry sauna. There is also a spa above the gym. Had a wonderful massage there, the massage room has its own shower/changing room attached to each room, very convenient and private.

The hotel is next door to my local office and they are connected underground so it is perfect for my visit. But it seems far away from downtown or other attractions. The underground has many resturants, some convenient shops so didn't need to go far for basic needs.

Had a taxi from the hotel to the international airport when departure. It took me an full hour in the late evening with moderate traffic. Also it was slow queues at the airport for security check, and another queue for immigration so glad I leave the hotel almost 3 hours before the flight time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.