Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront {US-NC}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront {US-NC}

Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:16 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront {US-NC}

Will be rebranded a 2XTree by year end.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 4/12 - 4/13

Location: The hotel is located on the water just off of Front Street in Downtown New Bern. All the downtown sights including a number of restaurants are an easy walk from the hotel (just be advised that a lot of places close early in this town). The Airport at EWN is about 10 minutes away and Raleigh and RDU are about 1hr45 to the west.

Hotel: It's an older property, I'd guess about 30 years old, and could do with some upkeep. The good news is there's a large parking lot out front (parking is free), outdoor pool with a terrace and bar outside which when they're open are very nice. There's also a bar and restaurant off the lobby which has a sweet shop and some nice sitting areas.

Check In: Handled very well. I was told as a Diamond I had been upgraded to a river view room and was allowed to pick a drink and snack from their shop as an amenity.

Room: The room was comfortable enough with nice beds and a really nice balcony overlooking the river but it's definitely aged and dated. There were scuffs and gouges in the walls by the window and by the beds and the TV was at least ten years old. Also the bathroom was really tiny. Still, having the balcony was really nice and the wifi worked fine.

Breakfast: As a Diamond I was treated to a buffet breakfast in the lobby restaurant. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy and grits as well as cold items like breads, cereal and fruit and yogurt.

This hotel is pretty decent for being in this area, it just needs a little upkeep. Still, I'd be back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.