Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Philadelphia/Cherry Hill {US-NJ} (no longer Honors)

Hilton Philadelphia/Cherry Hill {US-NJ} (no longer Honors)

Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:35 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It's a good clean hotel, just about a 10 minute drive from Center City Philadelphia. It was recently rennovated, too.

There's shopping across the highway, and also the Cherry Hill mall about 4 miles away. A few decent restaurants in the immediate area, too.

But, if you have a car, you might as well take the extra 10 minutes to go into the city.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:37 am

I have stated at the Hilton Cherry Hill many times, but I always pay $100 ! I'll look on Orbitz next time. It's a pretty okay hotel. I'd get it in writing that you will get your points.

------------------
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Satisfactory hotel if not one of the best in the area .Respectable club lounge that does a nice job.Health club dissapointing
Philadelphia has a wealth of much better choices
Happy Travels
At 35 its a major great deal.....I may be looking on Orbitz myself now!

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 2:26 pm

It's one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in - The Hilton from Hell! The rooms are ancient, with filthy carpet, and most have problems - toilets that won't flush, lights that don't work, missing hair dryers, etc. The TVs all have problems. Then there's the cleaning - they miss your room, forget your robe, don't refill the water, etc. Once there was someone else's waste in the toilet when I checked in!Then there's the complete lack of customer service from the front desk! They never answer the phone. I complained last time and was told "I know you're a diamond member, but we have lots of diamond members here" Well, they have one less now!
Stay away - it's not worth $35 a night!
Old Sep 10, 2002, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Unless your stay is 100% price sensitive - I'd pass on this property.

P.S.: This is one city where I stay exclusively at Starwood Properties or the Hyatt on the water

[This message has been edited by TravelManKen (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 11, 2002, 9:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Im going to disagree here.
Certainly not a superior hotel in any way regarding service.
However I have had dirty rooms and odors in 500 a nite hotels.So its hit and miss everywhere. I am far from a fan of this property.As properties go this one clearly still makes a somewhat satisfactory rating.Especially in Cherry Hill where I assume you want to stay.
The Cherry Hill Hilton club lounge had a great spread at nite and in the morning.Also a nice view of the Philadelphia skyline and fresh flowers.
At 35.00 a nite with free parking its A steal.
When I looked at the Orbitz site it appears to be a pre pay rate through Hotwire? Meaning probably no points/miles with the program.But if you are elite this is still an even more exceptional value.
The Radisson in the area is a complete run down dump and it gets almost 100 a nite.The Wyndham looks bad from the road.Never tried it though.The Marriott Residence Inn another satisfactory choice is very expensive.130 and way up on average.Ditto Courtyard.100 and up and not as nice.The Hampton Inn blah nothing special and the showerhead came up to my chest.I'm 6'2
No Starwood or Hyatts properties exist until you get into Philadelphia.This Hilton used to be a Hyatt years ago thats the funny thing.And while Hyatt did a little better job I believe you will be fine at this property.I say grab it at 35.Money well spent
in this mans opinion
Good luck have a good trip

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton
U/A 1 k
Swissotel Raffles Club Gold

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 09-11-2002).]
Old Sep 11, 2002, 1:28 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Must have done a great job on the renovations, because this place really needed it VERY badly!

Yet the price is right for sure!
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Didn't realize search was back, so I searched for the property I'm at tomorrow...

What is the worst thing I could find?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=cherry+hill

Maybe I will change...
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by omegadeal
What is the worst thing I could find?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=cherry+hill

Maybe I will change...
I'll stop complaining about the mini-bar charges now.
Old May 12, 2006, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cherry Hill NJ Hilton Will Become A Crowne Plaza

The Cherry Hill Hilton Hotel, at Route 70 and Cuthbert Boulevard in Cherry Hill NJ, has been sold and will become a Crowne Plaza, the upscale brand associated with Holiday Inn, hotel-industry officials said. The change is scheduled to take place June 1 2006, the Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association said. Crowne Plaza is one of seven lodging brands operated by Intercontinental Hotels Group, based in Windsor, England, which manages or franchises 3,600 hotels in 100 countries.

MisterNice
Old May 12, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I have never stayed their SINCe the Double tree suites is one exit up and much nicer. The exit prior has a decent hampton inn.
Old May 12, 2006, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Hilton actually has a goodly number of properties in the heart of Philadelphia; I don't think that the Cherry Hill location will be missed. I stayed there once: when I couldn't find a single Hilton room in the city. I was told that there was a flower show in town; that must have been some show!
Old May 12, 2006, 2:34 pm

It can only be an improvement.

I stayed at this Hilton once; it was absolutely the filthiest room I've ever been in. The toilet had been used and not flushed or cleaned -- and I was told there was no one there to clean it at 11 pm on a Saturday night when I checked in. A manager came up and cleaned it himself when I was insistent.

It's also extremely noisy -- the lounge/bar is apparently a great pickup spot and when it closes, the "couples" move into the hallways before finding rooms.
Old May 12, 2006, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Well, it sounds like the hotel will fit right in to the "Holiday Inn" family. It's one pretty inconsistent chain. It's good that Hilton has dumped it.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never thought much of it either. I think it would be a better fit as a Holiday Inn Express than a Crowne Plaza.

MisterNice

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.