Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2002, 1:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
FWIW, for a typically good and very inexpensive Manhattan breakfast I'd recommend Georgios' Grille on 9th Av at 51st. For example, fresh eggs, potatoes, toast, coffee etc for $2-3! </font>
I agree. I discovered Giorgio's a few years ago...so cheap and incredibly good!

Old Jan 30, 2002, 4:53 pm

terrific answers, thanks everybody..hotel breakfasts just seem to be a fetish of mine..compare and contrast the world over kind of thing..ive had some truly fabulous breakfasts in south east asian luxury hotels, each with a little differentiating touch..but your suggestion about local eaterie is very welcome
Old Jan 30, 2002, 6:55 pm

If you have a jones for hotel breakfasts, well, don't settle for the one at the Times Square. Go to Norma's at the Parker Meridien. Truly glorious breakfast food. Tip 1: try the potato pancakes. Tip 2: casually suggest to your dining companion that they get the bill this time. I speak from experience on both points.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7143833/

When I'm the one paying, however, I go for those $2 egg-on-a-roll things available everywhere around Manhattan.
Old Feb 17, 2002, 8:17 pm
Original Member

Hilton Times Square

Has anyone had a recent stay at the Hilton Times Square. I would appreciate your thoughts on the property. I am considering a stay at that location.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 5:28 am

Programs: FL, AA, DL
Not me, but you can do a search and come up with a lot of threads. Someone else might be able to chime in.

(And, just in case someone's reading this and doesn't know how to search, here's what you do: Click on the 'search' link -- it's toward the topo on the right, just under the 'Post New Topic' link. Put the words 'Hilton Times Square' in the search box, and hit 'Perform Search'. That should come up with about 35 threads that mention this property. The most recent reports are at the end of the list.)
Old Feb 18, 2002, 9:04 am

I have stayed at the HTS numerous times, most recently about three weeks ago. The rooms are nicer than at the HNY. There isn't an executive lounge but they give you two free breakfast buffet coupons per day if you are at least HH Gold. The gym is very small compared to the HNY but is typical of many hotels. It is right in the heart of Times Square (half a block off Broadway on 42nd). Service is very good.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:52 am

Contacting hotel directly for award stay?

I'm trying to score a 1-night award stay at the Hilton Times Sq. The HHonors desk says there's nothing available for the date I want, so I called the hotel directly (as suggested by FTers). Alas, the hotel reservation clerk, a nice dear named Nancy, says "we can't do that any more," and she transferred me back to HHonors.

In other words, I'm in a small and unproductive loop.

Has anyone been able to find a way around this?

(As a backup, I do have an award res. at the Waldorf, but the Times Sq. would be heaps more convenient.)
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:20 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
I have a six night GLONP booked at the TS for April (plus one night paid). Anyone ever split the stay 3 nights TS 3 nights Waldorf? (Or have any idea of my chances booking this?)
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnndor:
I have a six night GLONP booked at the TS for April (plus one night paid). Anyone ever split the stay 3 nights TS 3 nights Waldorf? (Or have any idea of my chances booking this?)</font>
You can't split an award between two separate properties.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 12:56 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed over New Years. Had two rooms reserved in my name, no gold upgrades, but did give us all breakfast coupons (excellent breakfast btw). Service was good. Convenient location to Times Square, very convienient to subway. As mentioned before no executive lounge. Do a search I remember a code for a reduced rate, not sure if it is still valid, but it wasn't too long ago.

Hope this helps,
Loren
Old Feb 21, 2002, 9:42 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
You can't split an award between two separate properties.</font>
I thought I remebered someone doing this in Hawaii.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 10:25 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnndor:
I thought I remebered someone doing this in Hawaii.</font>

Some people have had success breaking up an ALON into two separate stays at the same hotel, for a total of 6 nights. Such as 3 nights at HHV, go to another island for a few nights, come back to HHV and spend the remaining 3 nights of the ALON. I'm not aware that anyone has been able to split the award between two separate hotels, for example, 3 nights at HHV and then 3 nights at HWV.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Positive: fairly new.

Negative: about everything else.

Old Feb 21, 2002, 11:08 am

I thought I remebered someone doing this in Hawaii.</font>
tudorcity is correct in his response above. Here's the thread you are referring to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003090.html .
Old Jun 2, 2002, 3:15 pm

NY - Hilton Times Square

There seems to be two different types of rooms listed on the Hilton reservations site - one "regular" and one described as a "deluxe" room at 360 sq. ft. Is anyone familiar with the differences in the two room categories....is the difference in size a big deal or does it come with amenities to warrant paying $30 more for the deluxe room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.