Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2002, 2:02 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I was wondering the same thing... did Starwood buy Hilton???

William
Old Jan 6, 2002, 2:11 pm

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Isn't it obvious? LarryU thought that the $159 rate for Times Square was so incredibly low it could only be offered online at Starwood!

Are you sure Hilton will honour this $159 rate?

[This message has been edited by MatthewClement (edited 01-06-2002).]
Old Jan 6, 2002, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MatthewClement:
Isn't it obvious? LarryU thought that the $159 rate for Times Square was so incredibly low it could only be offered online at Starwood!

Are you sure Hilton will honour this $159 rate?

</font>
Yes, sorry everyone, I was in hurry, saw the words "Times Square" and for some reason I guess I have had a little Starwood fixation, of late. Good thing for me that the starwood web site didn't work at all this morning, otherwise I would have accidently booked a Hilton room there.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 1:25 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I just stayed a few weeks ago at a $169 rate. They definitely honor it. No upgrades at checkin but I got the brekkie coupons.

Old Jan 11, 2002, 4:42 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Times Sq email ?

Does anyone have a contact email for the above, General Manager, or HH Manager ?

Thanx in advance
Old Jan 11, 2002, 5:24 pm

JAP -- Check your e-mail
Old Jan 24, 2002, 11:57 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Anyone know of any promo codes for this property good in April?
Old Jan 24, 2002, 6:04 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Larry,

Did Starwood give you free breakfast and extra fans?

Dave
Old Jan 24, 2002, 8:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newself:
Larry,

Did Starwood give you free breakfast and extra fans?

Dave</font>
Well, there was no free breakfast at the W but the Parsippany (NJ) Sheraton has always given me a breakfast voucher when I stay there over a weekend. This is especially appreciated given that their breakfast buffet is typically adorned with a heaping platter of smoked salmon. The platter is somewhat less heaping when I am done with it.

Regarding fans, I have never needed one at the Times Square Hilton but I certainly could have used one at the W last week. I probably should have just checked the Starwood forum, where I am sure there are plenty of Starwood fans available.

Old Jan 29, 2002, 2:57 pm

Program Invalid Rate at Times Square

i have found a very cheap rate, in march,$125 a room and the rate type is called Program Invalid!! what does this mean? also anyone got a clue what the full buffet breakfast costs, plus relevant taxes..as i may be on my own it might be best to get the cheapest room and pay for the buffet..counting counting is the order of the day after another gruesome day on wall street..
Old Jan 29, 2002, 4:53 pm

you're in the middle of nyc; why in the world would you want to eat at the hotel?

call 800 hhonors to verify your res is valid.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 7:02 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

$125 a room is VERY cheap for this quite nice propery.

And I agree with pynchonesque about eating elsewhere!

The rates are typically higher!

Hilton Time Square
$159.00 per night
Valid 7 days/week
14 day adv pur
One night deposit required
24 hr cancellation
Ask for promo "WW"
1/7/02-3/10/02
Old Jan 29, 2002, 7:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by franjelley:
Also anyone got a clue what the full buffet breakfast costs, plus relevant taxes..</font>
I haven't been there for a while but I wasn't aware that the Times Square Hilton has a buffet breakfast. The NY Hilton does though.

Old Jan 29, 2002, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I was at there 10 days ago. They have now have a very nice buffet breakfast and still have the fresh squeezed juice. And, if you have a Bounce Back or are Gold or above, why would you NOT partake? If you're paying, The buffet is $18. One probably won't find a cheaper breakfast in New York, at least one with that much food. If you have a coupon for the breakfast, for some reason its only worth $7 toward an order off the regular menu.

[This message has been edited by ILuvParis (edited 01-29-2002).]
Old Jan 30, 2002, 7:38 am
doc

FWIW, for a typically good and very inexpensive Manhattan breakfast I'd recommend Georgios' Grille on 9th Av at 51st. For example, fresh eggs, potatoes, toast, coffee etc for $2-3!

Disclaimer, you may also see me there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.