Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Times Square {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Originally Posted by ksd0621
Does anyone know if Gold members get the full breakfast buffet like diamonds? Also, does anyone know if Golds get upgraded rooms at all?
July 2015 I get both as gold.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
As a Gold, both times I stayed in this hotel I got upgraded to corner rooms on the highest floor. My wife and I enjoyed the full breakfast buffet and thougth it was good.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Had 3 nights here last month. Surprised to receive Free Breakfast as a Silver? May have been due to the 20 minute wait in the check in queue!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by BLHD
Had 3 nights here last month. Surprised to receive Free Breakfast as a Silver? May have been due to the 20 minute wait in the check in queue!
Probably just a mistake due to you having any Hhonors status at all. In my experience many U.S. Hilton staff don't know, recognize, or understand the differences in the tiers. Often times I am just told "We see that you are an hhonors member" and handed a generic gold/diamond bag or key holder with breakfast vouchers, etc. So someone prepping packages probably just saw "hhonors something" and checked the hhonors box.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Probably just a mistake due to you having any Hhonors status at all. So someone prepping packages probably just saw "hhonors something" and checked the hhonors box.
I doubt this. I stay at this hotel quite regularly. The front desk staff has been the same for years, and they definitely know the difference between tiers.

I suspect the poster's guess was correct - they gave him/her vouchers due to the long wait to check in.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!
Hello everyone, I managed to get a room here for nye on honours points (travelling from uk and looking forward to spending nye in nyc). I'm silver on hhonors and will be staying in two queen bed room with 3 other adults.

What are the best rooms for the view of the nye celebrations? I put in for a nor upgrade for the upper floors, will this help? Or alternatively they had view of Empire State but this look like its the wrong way?

We are in New York staying in a hie the night before so will go early and check in (so can get through the security).

Joe
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I love this hotel, but I would be shocked if you could see any of the official festivities from this hotel.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:08 am

We stayed there for NYE several years ago in the closest room to the ball drop and could not see anything. You should be within police barricade zone though, so you can leave the hotel, go to the ball drop and come back without waiting outside all day.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Just completed a three day long weekend stay. It's been at least ten years since I've stayed here but the rate was cheaper than the Fashion District Hilton which I prefer or any convenient hyatts

No suite upgrade but they allowed my to check in at 11 a.m. (I heard them tell others checking in before me check in was at 3 and no rooms were available and they'd have to hold their bags and they could come back later) so I was happy for the early check in. They said I was upgraded to a deluxe room and I was on the 42nd floor and had a great view of 42nd street. I was able to look down at the hand on the wax museum and that was pretty cool. I was by the elevator and I could hear a lot of noise from outside the room in the hallway so next time I'll ask for a room away from the elevator.

Breakfast as a diamond was for the full buffet with a few good hot choices and you could order omlettes and cooked to order eggs from your server and I believe it's the same benefit for golds. They take the voucher and give you a chit for zero showing the voucher taken off and the value on the chit is $26 a breakfast. Gratuity isn't included but you can charge it on the chit which is great for people like me who don't carry a lot of cash. Breakfast is served until 11 during the week and noon on weekends so good for late risers

I flew in from EWR and took the NJ train to Penn and just walked it and it was only about a 10 minute walk. Flying back I used LGA and only took 2 minutes for an uber to ride and plenty of cabs. If you are using cabs/uber I would recommend using the 41st street side of the hotel.

Turndown service every night and they leave 2 bottles of water every night. If you want water your first day you have to request it from the front desk.

One small complaint I had was with the maid service. I can be a late riser when travelling for pleasure and left my room around 9 a.m. for breakfast and Friday morning there was a note slid under my door stating they wouldn't service my room since the DND sign was on the door when they arrived. I found a maid in the hall and asked for a couple extra towels (they only had one bath towel in the room the first day) and she asked if I wanted my room serviced and did it while I was at breakfast.

I prefer the Fashion District Hilton just because it's not in a congested area but would have no problem returning here if the rate was right.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I had a similar experience this January. The review above sums up my experience too. I was on a high floor, although no suite upgrade. For me this is a better location for our company office and we have a directly contracted rate which makes it reasonable for Manhattan.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:08 am

I think there are only a very small number of suites at this hotel as I don't recall it ever being an option when I have made a reservation. The bigger room on the highest floor is about as best as you can do for here (but the rooms are spacious for Midtown Manhattan standards with good noise insulation)
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:33 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Looking at a 3 night stay here in July but I am not sure what to expect. I read the Breakfast sticky and the lounge sticky. In looking at the FS Hiltons in NYC this seems like a better hotel than Midtown and more central to "activities" than the Fashion district but I am open to suggestions. I am traveling with my spouse and 5 children (all under 18). I am new to HHonors Diamond having just done a status match with MR Plat. How does breakfast work at this hotel? Do all the members staying in both rooms receive the breakfast voucher? I know at Marriott they either grant lounge access for all or coupons for restaurant for all (although it looks some Marriott are restricting the number in NYC) Factoring in cost of BF for 7 versus another venue. I don't care about the upgrade as it looks like most folks don't get one and I imagine it would be harder to get with two rooms anyway.

Edited to ask would which would people recommend Hilton TS ($305 night) or Doubletree TS ($296 night)

I know the brand standard is elite +1 but wondered what this property does. (Minimal elite +1) and is it elite +1 per room or 2 total for all rooms booked

Last edited by kklems; Apr 24, 2016 at 4:11 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:24 pm

Oh definitely Hilton Times Square, it provides the best Hilton experience Midtown and Diamonds are always moved up to the highest floors and breakfast is a nice full breakfast. There is also good soundproofing and the rooms for Midtown Manhattan are a decent size.. I have never done multiple rooms at the Hilton Times Square so I can't help there, you are not entitled to Diamond Amenities for multiple rooms but many will do so, however since they are kids I would think your chances are good.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kklems
Looking at a 3 night stay here in July but I am not sure what to expect. I read the Breakfast sticky and the lounge sticky. In looking at the FS Hiltons in NYC this seems like a better hotel than Midtown and more central to "activities" than the Fashion district but I am open to suggestions. I am traveling with my spouse and 5 children (all under 18). I am new to HHonors Diamond having just done a status match with MR Plat. How does breakfast work at this hotel? Do all the members staying in both rooms receive the breakfast voucher? I know at Marriott they either grant lounge access for all or coupons for restaurant for all (although it looks some Marriott are restricting the number in NYC) Factoring in cost of BF for 7 versus another venue. I don't care about the upgrade as it looks like most folks don't get one and I imagine it would be harder to get with two rooms anyway.

Edited to ask would which would people recommend Hilton TS ($305 night) or Doubletree TS ($296 night)

I know the brand standard is elite +1 but wondered what this property does. (Minimal elite +1) and is it elite +1 per room or 2 total for all rooms booked
I like the Hilton TS and the Doubletree. If you are travelling with family the DT is all suites so you have more room but the Hilton's rooms are nice sized for midtown.

The breakfast is great at both properties but I like DT a little better for breakfast. Even though they are only a couple blocks away I like the Hilton better, the DT area is just too congested and usually when I stay there I either walk from Penn if I fly into EWR or if I fly into LGA there have been times where I just told the car to drop me off a couple blocks away and I'll walk over due to how congested it is. With the Hilton just go out on the 41st street side and really easy to get an uber/cab and the times station subway stop is only a few doors away.

As far as breakfast goes, I have never had more than one person in my room at the Hilton, but seeing how expensive the breakfast benefit is I wouldn't be surprised if they limit the breakfast to just two people in the room. I did share a room with two other people at the DT before and the one morning they allowed us to skip breakfast and the next morning allowed all three of us to eat there. I think asking for seven breakfast benefits would be pushing it but YMMV

If you live in the US you can have your spouse get a Hilton reserve card and put one of the rooms in their name and they can get instant gold status and get two breakfasts per room but paying for three more could still be expensive.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
As far as breakfast goes, I have never had more than one person in my room at the Hilton, but seeing how expensive the breakfast benefit is I wouldn't be surprised if they limit the breakfast to just two people in the room.
That would certainly be within the published Diamond benefit:

A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.