Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ontario, Canada {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ontario, Canada {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2001, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ontario, Canada {CAN}

I need a room for NEXT friday, however there are no Cheap Rooms.. Anyone tell me where to get 50% or anything.. Any Coupons, or have any luck for the Hotel through pricline? Thanks!!!
Old Mar 23, 2001, 3:54 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Not sure what is cheap to you... but I was just able to check the Hampton Inn website (a Hilton partner) and got the Hampton Inn - North of the Falls for only $49 US.

Seems cheap to me...

William
Old Mar 23, 2001, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Thats Cheap.. but I was hoping for the Hilton On the falls, For like 75 US
Old Mar 23, 2001, 4:28 pm

Programs: Many
I got the North of the Falls one for US$39 recently.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:02 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Ontario, Canada {CAN}

Beware of hidden charges! Hilton NF charges parking fee (lately $12/day, seems to go up by $2 every few weeks - day before I checked in it was $10) unless "you can prove you arrived by taxi".
There is also an undisclosed (until after check in) $50 early check out fee at Hilton NF.

Hilton Toronto airport also has parking fee - but luckily I had booked a rate that included 10 free parking days just in case there was a fee (only there one day but did save some money since the rate with and without the parking was the same - had I stayed the 10 days I would have had the room for free since it cost less than 10 days parking would have).

Street parking is easy near the Hilton NF and I protested that since this "compulsary" fee was not disclosed anywhere on the web site no one told me before arrival- I did not think it was fair - and after speaking with the manager it was removed (and I prefer to park my car myself). This beats the energy surcharge (which was not a problem) all to heck!
Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:42 am

I just got back from the Hilton NF, and I thought it was a very nice hotel. I did use their parking, but I agree that if you did not park in their lots or through their valet, you shouldn't have to pay a fee.

Also, I was there from a Monday - Saturday, and the parking charge was only $12 on my last night (Friday night), the rest of the week it was $10, so I assume they charge a little more on the weekend.

$50 early checkout fee isn't too bad, since you have to cancel your reservation 3 days prior. It's a very busy hotel in the tourist season, and if people could just leave early, they potentially take up space that someone else could have. I don't agree with their policy, however, that you can get a 1:00 checkout for $50 extra.

IF anyone is considering staying at the Hilton Niagara Falls, go to their website http://www.hiltonniagarafalls.com, and book through them. They have nice two-night packages that are cheaper and more inclusive that through Hilton, and you can take two packages back to back.

Also, I am Gold through the 50,000 points promo, and they did give me an upgrade to a beautiful room overlooking both falls, and upgraded me to a free breakfast buffet on the last day that was not part of my package.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, HH Diamond
We were at the Niagara Falls Hilton May 18-21, which by the way was a Canadian Holiday, and also a Thur,Fri & Sat. night. The parking charge was $10 a night. I guess the weekend price went up in the last couple of weeks. On Sunday morning we had to wait for over 35 minutes for our car to be brought down. I thought the charge for that day should have been waived for a delay in our schedule of over half an hour. But of course, it wasn't. I spoke with the manger of guest services and he didn't even apologize. He acted as if it was no big deal. I guess it wasn't to him. He said it was their (Canadian) holiday weekend so they were very busy. Then he said my Holiday weekend was the next week, meaning Memorial Day. What I should have said to him was it was MY vacation weekend no matter what country's holiday it was. Just because I'm not Canadian, doesn't mean my vacation time should be any less valuable.

As a side note, when we checked in on Thurs. evening, they told me no upgrade was available so we were on the 7th floor. After listening to what sounded like some kind of generator go on and off all night long, I called the front desk at around 6 am on Friday morning and they said they could move me to another room. At 8 in the morning, we moved to a room 2 floors up. I know it was only 2 floors, but the view was a little better - so I guess there was an upgrade available, they just didn't give it to me and lied straight to my face when I asked about it.

I did get free breakfast coupons and it was a very nice buffet.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 4:53 pm

zete - yes I do understand why they might have this charge - just think it should be disclosed up front not after checkin.
I also stayed at the Hampton Inn and found it much friendlier - less glitz but also 1/3 the cost will write a note about it later.
Old Jun 9, 2001, 1:27 pm

dlflyer, i had the same experience with the valet parking. Actually, 3 days in a row they were very slow with the car. The last day, they told me it would be out in 15 minutes. I went down in 15 min, and waited 15 minutes. After finally asking about it, they said it was brought out, and then sent back. Their valet service is horrible, but the view was good.

As for not getting a good upgrade on a holiday weekend, I can believe it. I went up there on memorial day, which was a monday night, and therefore the hotel was less busy. The following weekend it started filling up again.
Old Oct 5, 2001, 5:40 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by estnet:
I also stayed at the Hampton Inn and found it much friendlier - less glitz but also 1/3 the cost will write a note about it later.</font>
I didn't see your note about the Hampton in this thread, was wondering if you were referring to Hampton Inn At The Falls... Am going there next weekend, have never stayed there so would be interested in reading comments
Old Oct 5, 2001, 11:14 pm

The HI I stayed in was the North of the Falls on the Canadian side. It is slightly out of the main area (2 min drive, 10 min walk). I believe there is another HI (which costs a lot more) in the downtown area which was much more expensive but in a worse location from my perspective (I prefer a quiet room).

The people were very friendly and it was a very nice two stays.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Ontario, Canada {CAN}

An update as of 6 Jan 2002:

Toronto Hilton

Great **** hotel. Golds and Diamonds receive room u/g automatically and full buffet breakfast and 2-4 drink coupons/night (good on premium brands too) as the executive lounge is closed through 14 Jan 2002. High speed internet in rooms for CA$ 10 and works well to. USB cables in room or front desk.

---------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Airport Hilton

A miserable stay in a * dump. The suites tower is closed and the exec lounge is closed as well. You get 2 drink coupons but the bar booze selection is lean (ie only one vodka on hand). The bar is very smoky and noisy. The bed headboard was broken, the shower had a cake of dried used soap in it with long hairs in the tub (discovered at 600 AM). The wash basin refused to hold water. I placed a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the outside door knob to catch a needed nap. Of course the crude room service guy banged on the door to deliver a wimpy cracker/cheese/fruit plate at 500 PM . It goes on and on. High speed internet is CA$ 10.

----------------------------------------------------------

Mississauga/Toronto HGI

Brand new ***1/2 in Dec 2001. Squeaky clean too. Received u/g room and comp cont breakfast coupon. Full breakfast is only CA$ 2 more. Comp high speed internet in every room and it works flawlessly and fast. No booze coupons. USB cables at front desk. Restaurant open for B L and D.

Niagara Falls Hilton

New *** in Jan 2001. Fantastic falls location. I was u/g to 26th floor falls view room. Full comp buffet breakfast too on 33rd floor. No exec lounge and no booze coupons. Big pool and lots of kids on weekends.

Old Jan 7, 2002, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
For a second, I thought InfoPop was censoring you, and I was trying to figure out if you meant "great d@mn hotel". I then of course realized that you meant "4 Star"

I agree with you on the Toronto Hilton and the Niagara Falls Hilton. Both are excellent properties. Did you get a chance to use the pool in Niagara Falls? I loved the falls design that they worked into the pool.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

skofarrell-

You are correct in the design of the nice "falls walls" in front of the pool. I did not go into the pool as 10,000 cute kiddies and their moms were already in the pool. The hotel is packed on weekends so sez the staff. The 33rd floor restaurant also repeats the nice "falls walls" design but in a more subtle manner.

MisterNice
Old Jan 8, 2002, 8:03 am

That waterfall pool is freezing, the swiming pool is much warmer. It's fun though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.