Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport - Waterfront {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport Waterfront
150 Anza Boulevard, Burlingame, California, 94010, USA
TEL: +1-650-342-4600
FAX: +1-650-343-8137
See room chart in post #102

General information:
All suites
Indoor pool, exercise room, business office, small shop
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Non-Smoking
This property is 100% Nonsmoking
Parking: Self parking: $29.00 (Parking Lot)
Valet: Not Available
Pets:
Service animals allowed: Yes
Pets allowed: Yes
Deposit: $75.00
(Non-Refundable)
Maximum Weight: 75 lbs
Other Pet Services: $50 Non-refundable fee, per pet per stay

Dining:
In room 11 am - 11 pm
Tap and Tavern pub only (no full service restaurant)

Transportation
Walking / jogging waterfront trail
Courtesy shuttle to / from SFO International Airport and BART station
Free “trolley” Shuttle to downtown Burlingame / Broadway ~12-9 pm, numerous restaurants and pubs, CalTrain station

Lat updated 29 Jun 2018
Print Wikipost

Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport - Waterfront {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2003, 8:03 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Listen, I don’t care what business people do in the privacy of their own offices. But on a couple of occasions, when passing out business cards amongst themselves, some suit got a little frisky and handed a business card to my three year old. I mean, does she need to see this, isn’t she a little young to be indoctrinated with this work thing? And, then there are the embarrassing questions. Back in the room my 12 year old asked, “Daddy, what’s that thing the men wear around there necks, is it some kind of Sado-Masochistic device?” Frankly, I would have wanted to wait until she was older to tell her about ties. I think that wage slavery should be taught a home, and not paraded around at the Embassy Suites. Rant off.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:13 am

At a recent stay at the ES New York, my gin & tonic tasted like it was made by children, or at least made by someone who had never had a decent drink in their life.

Seriously, it was like vaguely ginny dishwater, with a tiny bit of wilted lime. In a plastic cup. Is this the norm for ES? Just a NYC thing?

Oh, and there were lots of kids there (several school groups were staying there), fwiw.

lux
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
People forget that the heritage of ES was a family hotel. Remember the Garfield advertising campaign? As a longtime ES customer, I think the idea of ES as a true business hotel coincides roughly with the Hilton takeover. Hopefully both groups can coexist.

As a rule the manager's receptions are pretty lame anyway. Popcorn and no-name beer/wine at some locations. Wow.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 4:35 pm
Original Member

Yeah, you're right about that, yyzflyer.

In all seriousness, I seldom ever go to the manager's receptions. But the long lines and all tell me that it is something appreciated and taken advantage of by a large percentage of ES guests, and more power to them...it is a nice little freebie. For me, the breakfasts are what rocks!

I do not consider ES to be a pure business hotel by any means. But I do appreciate the mini-kitchen and separate BR/LR. I know what I'm getting and have no problem with the vacationing crowd; in fact, I can not remember ever having a problem with an ES stay.

Which is more than I can say with some $250-300 per night hotels I have stayed at in the past!!!
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:58 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jailer:
Back in the room my 12 year old asked, “Daddy, what’s that thing the men wear around there necks, is it some kind of Sado-Masochistic device?”</font>
good vocab for from your daughter!

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jul 23, 2003, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I JUST LOVE FLYERTALK!!! NEVER FAILS TO ENTERTAIN WHILE IT TEACHES!
Old Oct 29, 2003, 9:48 am

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
Embassy Suites Burlingame, CA

Stayed in the Embassy Suites, Burlingame, CA (Just south of San Francisco, CA) last thursday night after a trip from EWR. Got in around 9:30. Everything was fantastic! I am Gold, and there was a box in the room with two bottles of water, and a few assorted munchies. Room was comfortable, and the full breakfast was very good.

If we visit San Francisco again, I would be tempted to stay there and commute to the city by BART.

DD
Old Apr 13, 2004, 3:29 pm

Best 10 bucks I've spent lately

I turned down the $109 rate for a room adjacent to the Ballroom at the SFO ES Saturday April 3, and paid $119 instead.

When we saw the women in long tartan dresses and men in kilts with bagpipes (LOTS of bagpipes) I sure was glad we were on the top floor instead of the 2nd.

Thanks Hilton for disclosing that the room was adjacent to the ballroom. The extra $10 was money well spent.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
you got lucky

Way to go, suthurn!

Years ago, I got a first floor room next to a hydraulic elevator at the Boston Airport Hilton. All night long .... whoooosh .... every 2 minutes.

Every one of my reservations now requests a room away from the elevators.

Bagpipes! I'd have gone postal if I wasn't informed.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 11:51 pm

Avoid this Hotel on the Weekend

It's a MESS on weekends, as locals host birthday parties at both the reception and breakfast.
We were utterly disgusted a couple of weeks ago by the deplorable conditions.

The front desk admitted to it... and to giving up when staffers tried to control it. "Almost every weekend," the on-call manager said.

Our suggestion:
Stay at the HGI San Francisco Airport North. It's literally just around the corner. (We've stayed there 4 or 5 times.)
High Speed Internet Access is free, and it's so much quieter.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:28 am

I totally agree with...

the comment about staying at the HGI over the ES. I've stayed at both and the HGI is much nicer, newer property and takes very good care of you. If your traveling with kids and need the extra room, that is different.

There are two ES in the area. If you really need the suites, I would call to confirm if there is a major event going on or not. Then call the other facility and ask the same question. Then determine which one to stay at.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 9:41 pm

Massive Renovations currently underway

at the Embassy Suites Burlingame. They are redoing all the rooms, so be prepared for some hammering EARLY in the morning. It's my first time here- 7 night stay. I better sign up for Hilton Honors

The breakfast is huge, so I really enjoyed the omelettes, homefries, bacon, fresh fruit, danishes, etc... Nice to have that included. They also offer complimentary evening cocktails or sodas. Nice first time at this property for munchies, but the pounding is a little disruptive. We are usually at Starwood, so it was interesting to see what another chain offers.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 5:42 am

Programs: aa gold, usair silver, hilton gold
Any Experience at ES San Francisco Airport Burlingame since the Remodel?

I'm staying at the ES SF Airport-Burlingame next week, and am interested if anyone has stayed there since the remodel. (Has is even been completed?) I would also be intereted to hear any experiences with using BART, the shuttle to the airport, and any nearby restaurant choices. I get in late Thursday night, so I'm staying at the ES near the airport for the night, then transferring to the Hilton downtown the next morning. Does anyone have any preferences re rooms at either property?
Thanks!
Tim
Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:21 am

We stayed at that ES location 3 weeks ago and it was great.
...it was a small premium over the nearby HGI, but worth it when factoring in the "free" drinks and hot breakfast.

The rooms were well appointed.
Our bathroom, on the otherhand, still had ANCIENT fixtures.
It just didn't match!

(The night before we'd been upgraded to a HUGE suite at the DT Sonoma, so we had a pretty high standard!)

The pool was full of kids, so we didn't get a chance to enjoy that.
However, if it's a Mon-Thu stay you're planning you may have better luck.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I was there about 4 weeks ago. Make sure they put you on the HHonors floor. Otherwise, you may not get your Embassy Touch. I had an updated room, but it wasn't special. I did enjoy the view of the bay, however. My biggest compaint is the darkness of the atrium. It is not possible to read a newspaper with breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.