Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:03 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Ugggh

So been here an hour and so many fails. No help with bags on arriving to front door. Elite line moves slower than main line. Offer to downgrade to get immediate room but when ask for the reduced rate told no rooms available. They don't over to help with storing bags while I wait for a room and am silently cursing under my breath as everyone in line is miraculously give keys to a room. Good thing I am one of Hilton's valued guests.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by DLSIZE
So been here an hour and so many fails. No help with bags on arriving to front door. Elite line moves slower than main line. Offer to downgrade to get immediate room but when ask for the reduced rate told no rooms available. They don't over to help with storing bags while I wait for a room and am silently cursing under my breath as everyone in line is miraculously give keys to a room. Good thing I am one of Hilton's valued guests.
Sorry to hear it's going so poorly for you on this trip. We'll be here later next week. What's the situation with free breakfast?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cnceagles
Sorry to hear it's going so poorly for you on this trip. We'll be here later next week. What's the situation with free breakfast?
I had the same experience as the previous poster. Long and slow lines.

The breakfast situation isn't great. They gave me (diamond) a bunch of $10 certificates to use on the property. The cold breakfast buffet was free (fruit, bread, cereal) but the hot buffet was another $19.

I asked if I could use 2 of my vouchers and the server said "no, you're limited to one per transaction".

I had a Disney-view room which was huge and had a ton of big windows. The wifi signal was minimal in that part of the hotel, but the view was great.

The DoubleTree next door is my favorite Anaheim property. Huge hot breakfast, great staff, easy parking.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
I had the same experience as the previous poster. Long and slow lines.

The breakfast situation isn't great. They gave me (diamond) a bunch of $10 certificates to use on the property. The cold breakfast buffet was free (fruit, bread, cereal) but the hot buffet was another $19.

I asked if I could use 2 of my vouchers and the server said "no, you're limited to one per transaction".

I had a Disney-view room which was huge and had a ton of big windows. The wifi signal was minimal in that part of the hotel, but the view was great.

The DoubleTree next door is my favorite Anaheim property. Huge hot breakfast, great staff, easy parking.
Many thanks. Will make do with the cold breakfast buffet, I guess!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I have stayed here many times, and I have mainly been satisfied. The one thing that I have never liked I the breakfast, that's no good for a Diamond.
But my current stay is worse. WiFi is not working properly. No problem connecting and the download speed is OK, 8Mb. But the upload is not working. Speedtest shows 0.1Mb. I can't upload anything. I'm here the second day now, and it has been the same all the time. I also have 3 devices, and all have the same problem.
I called the support number and came to ATT. I was greeted by a message saying that they have much traffic and asked me to wait. First time I waited 30 minutes without a reply. Second time I waited 35 minutes, and now I have been waiting for 40 minutes, and still no reply!
I talked to the front desk, and the would not help. Just asked me to call the number where nobody replies. When I told them that the reply was "I'm not a technical support, call them again"!!! No help at all. This is really bad!!!!! I will complain.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: All the programs!
I agree with the poor Diamond breakfast offering. I think this is the worst Hilton breakfast yet.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:15 pm

Just came across this on Facebook. After staying here for three nights, one of her kids found men's underwear in the bed. Don't know if it's been there the whole time or somehow got there after check in, but either way.....gross! They comped her one night but their level of care towards the situation was completely lacking. Anyway, here's the video for anyone who wants more info.

https://www.facebook.com/catalinashoate/videos/10212486681269238/
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Free breakfast buffet for Diamond

Just completed a three night stay.

Room was on the eighth floor, LONG walk from the elevator (400 rooms), overlooking the pool

Despite what was reported earlier, I was given blue Diamond continental breakfast coupons for each day, which are also valid in the lobby Starbucks.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List, AA Platinum
Hotel's official name: Hilton Anaheim
State/province/country: California/USA
Your status (Gold/Diamond) at time of stay: Diamond
Type of breakfast offered - Continental
Taken in restaurant - Yes
Extra options (e.g., upcharge for full breakfast): $10 to upgrade to full breakfast. Also offers option in lieu of Continental bfast they allow allow you to get coffee/danish from Starbucks in lobby of hotel for free.

No executive lounge/floor on property.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by swimdallas
Hotel's official name: Hilton Anaheim
State/province/country: California/USA
Your status (Gold/Diamond) at time of stay: Diamond
Type of breakfast offered - Continental
Taken in restaurant - Yes
Extra options (e.g., upcharge for full breakfast): $10 to upgrade to full breakfast. Also offers option in lieu of Continental bfast they allow allow you to get coffee/danish from Starbucks in lobby of hotel for free.

No executive lounge/floor on property.
so, absolutely nothing has changed. Incredible how tight this property is given what else is available nearby.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:35 am

That was very strange. When I was there in the beginning of July I was given FULL breakfast for the first time (always had Continental). I asked if they had changed it. And the reply was "Yes, from July 1 we are now giving Diamonds FULL breakfast for free"!
I was happy and also reported it here. I was back in the beginning of September and got FULL breakfast again.
Does this mean that they have changed it back?? If so, that's not good!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List, AA Platinum
They must have changed back to continental bfast only. I just stayed this last weekend. At checkin they give you a post card summarizing "Diamond" benefits at this hotel and it clearly stated only continental bfast or starbucks for free for Diamonds/Golds.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by runarbg
That was very strange. When I was there in the beginning of July I was given FULL breakfast for the first time (always had Continental). I asked if they had changed it. And the reply was "Yes, from July 1 we are now giving Diamonds FULL breakfast for free"!
I was happy and also reported it here. I was back in the beginning of September and got FULL breakfast again.
Does this mean that they have changed it back?? If so, that's not good!
i don’t see any posts from you in this thread from July this year. Are you sure it was the Hilton Anaheim?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
i don’t see any posts from you in this thread from July this year. Are you sure it was the Hilton Anaheim?
When I said "here" I meant in this forum. I posted it in the sticky Diamond/Gold Breakfast thread!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:25 pm

3 nights stay here - was pleasantly surprised after reading some of these reviews. Its clearly a very busy resort property but I had no issue with lines. My gold benefits were honored even though I booked through Priceline. Continental bfast was good enough - do we really need hot bfast every single day? Or you can use your voucher at any time throughout the day for Starbucks.

Room was average/above average. Beds comfortable as in all Hiltons. Staff was wonderful. If I had to give one area of feedback it would be that charging for parking is a low class thing to do - this is Anaheim its not like land is hard to come by. Guests should get free parking.
*EDIT PARKING REFUNDED ON CHECKOUT. LOVE THIS PLACE.

Would stay here again.

Last edited by be001; Oct 27, 2017 at 10:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.