Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}

Old Oct 31, 17, 10:30 am
Suspended

Any body knows about the zuric airport best place near the zuric airport... I have five hours to stay at xuric
Old Dec 2, 17, 9:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Recent stay

I stayed just recently and my last stay before was February of this year.
When walking to the hotel from the tram stop "Kloten Balsberg" (one stop from the airport) I saw an "ALDI Suisse" supermarket right at the main road where the stairs to the Hilton hotel start. It is opened Monday oil Saturday until 20:00 hrs. (It is a low budget supermarket that covers a wide range of comestibles and other.
In the room there were several amenities in the cup board (tooth brush etc.) I have not encountered before.
Restaurant staff was all new to me. Overall good quality, but the dishes arrived on cold plates. When I told the chef de service, he apologized and went to the kitchen straight away. He came back and told us that he told the kitchen staff. For compensation he offered another half liter of red wine. We thankfully declined and opted for an eau de vie, which arrived when we were finished. - I found his behavior remarkable. First of all, he did not decline, looked into it and offered a fair compensation. In similar situations you often have to justify your complaint. So I was satisfied. And do hope for warm plates the next time I will eat here.
Service in the EL was extremely slow this time. Drinks were not out at 18.10 hrs, food arrived after 18.15 hrs. Since I like an aperitif before dinner in the restaurant I am alway happy when the EL service starts on time. They had new lamps at the wall
Mineral water brand has been replaced by Italian still and sparkling in plastic bottles. I found this in the EL and two bottles in my room at the table. Before they stopped delivering free mineral water to guest rooms and Diamonds were offered to take it the water of the minibar at no extra charge. However, I forgot to spy into the minibar to check if there were glass bottles of mineral water left. In the restaurant they served mineral water from glass bottles. They were available at breakfast, too.
Breakfast appeared to be of somewhat better quality with few more items. Still very pleasant.
The 6th floor in wing A (where reception is) is now named "executive floor".
I am not sure whether reported before: the EL is accessible by key card only. And the 6th floor in wing A ist now named "executive floor"
At check-in still this friendly agent on duty. At check-out the agent asked me if I filled in the small form for earning extra points for my restaurant dinner. I did not since this hasn't been offered to me. She then offered me to fill it in retroactively so that I will not forfeit the extra points.
Parking was free. The agent certainly did not forget to charge. But I do not know whether this was a very nice gesture or corresponds with the hotel policy for Diamonds.

Last edited by Zurich; Dec 2, 17 at 10:35 am
Old Apr 6, 18, 9:58 am

We stayed here for 1 night on the Easter weekend. Upgraded from Queen standard to Queen Executive (6th Floor) as HH Gold. Two complimentary bottles of water offered at check-in, as well as a voucher for 2 complimentary drinks at the bar. Late checkout until 1500 hrs granted immediately upon request at check-in time.

Breakfast was an option between the lounge and the restaurant. The restaurant reserves the tables near the window for HH Gold/Diamond guests, but despite being directed to sit at one of those by the host we were then approached by a server and asked to move as the tables were reserved. We chose not to argue or make a scene. No other issues with the breakfast however. We visited the lounge in the afternoon as well and it offered some snacks, chocolates, pastries, etc.. and an excellent view with full size windows.

We were able to charge the 5 CHF each fee for the airport shuttle to the room at checkout time and the shuttle ran exactly on schedule.
Old May 21, 18, 7:47 am
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Hilton (on top of the hill) and their "related" Apart-Hotel, runs a shuttle service [10 minute ride] to and from the airport; airport to hotel is free, but hotel to airport is 5SF/trip; since the shuttle has about 10 seats, at peak times, not everyone waiting can board, so you may have extended waits.
There is a 768 bus stop a short distance from the Apart-Hotel, much longer for THE Hilton on top of hill.
Old Sep 24, 18, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA silver; AA Gold;AGR;HH Gold;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC;National Executive; Johnnie Walker Gold
I plan on visiting Zurich for a few nights in late December. Is this hotel convenient to the city center? Would it make any sense to stay at this hotel if I was mostly going to be in the center of Zurich?
Old Sep 24, 18, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq View Post
I plan on visiting Zurich for a few nights in late December. Is this hotel convenient to the city center? Would it make any sense to stay at this hotel if I was mostly going to be in the center of Zurich?
no itís not. I would recommend other accommodations if you are not staying by the airport,
Old Sep 24, 18, 10:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
It is a 7-10 minute walk to the tram/train station and it takes 14 minutes by train or 20-40 minutes by tram/train or tram only.
Old Sep 25, 18, 1:57 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond,SPG Platinum,Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade,LH SEN,AZ Gold,VS Elevate Gold
in one simple word: no.

it takes the best part of an hour to get to the city centre, and the hotel shuttle bus to the airport train station is CHF 5 each time - it will probably be snowy and icy and certainly cold by December, so walking the 10-15 minutes to the nearest bus stop is not advisable.
Old Sep 25, 18, 10:19 am

Programs: UA silver; AA Gold;AGR;HH Gold;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC;National Executive; Johnnie Walker Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adpucci View Post
in one simple word: no.

it takes the best part of an hour to get to the city centre, and the hotel shuttle bus to the airport train station is CHF 5 each time - it will probably be snowy and icy and certainly cold by December, so walking the 10-15 minutes to the nearest bus stop is not advisable.
Ok thanks everyone. Just what I needed to know!
Old Jan 23, 19, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 1/20 - 1/21

Location: The hotel is located in Rumlang about five minutes from ZRH. There's not much around the hotel, just an adjacent Hilton Apartments building and a few other hotels. There are a couple of supermarkets and a few restaurants within a mile of the hotel and if you're willing to make a long walk down a hill there's a S-Bahn Station.

Hotel: The hotel is built onto a hill so the lobby is actually on the 4th floor along with a floor of rooms. Off the lobby is a souvenir store, a small business center with two computers, a large restaurant and bar which has a breakfast and a dinner buffet. There's also an Executive Lounge in the lobby as well. There's an airport shuttle that begins at 5:00 AM and runs every 20 minutes. It's free from the airport but costs 5 CHF to the airport. You pay the desk at check out and they give you a ticket for the bus.

Check In: I was helped by a very friendly agent who apologized I could only be upgraded to a deluxe room. He also apologized to me that happy hour at the lounge was over and he gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar.

Room: Pretty dated. There are no outlets next to the bed and the bathroom was absolutely tiny. On the positive side it was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Restaurant: The bar was well stocked and the food was good but wow are the prices high. I had a burger which was 28.50 CHF and a beer which was 8.50 CHF. Still, service was good.

Lounge: Very pleasant space though I wasn't able to eat anything. They had soft drinks and coffee out at 9 PM which was nice.

For an airport hotel it works very well. If you want to go into Zurich itself the Holiday Inn Express might be a little better because you can walk to an S-Bahn Station but this hotel is a lot nicer than it. I'd be back.
Old Feb 28, 19, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Accor Platinum....(Former IHG Rewards/Priority Club - quit after 13 years loyalty)
Every time I'm passing through Zurich, I consider staying at this hotel but always wind up chosing another hotel chain, due to the really high rates here. Just checked again today for a future 1 night stay (a sunday night) and the difference between this hilton a few other hotels around the airport is more than 100 CHF ! For the price this Hilton is charging for a Sunday night, I can get a similiar category hotel much closer to the center of Zurich.

Usually nightly hotel rates in Zurich are a lot lower on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights, but this Hilton seems to be really expensive no matter which day of the week it is...and this is an airport hotel far away from anything that we are talking about here.

This would also explain why this thread doesn't get many posts, even though it's been on flyertalk for almost 20 years now. (First post on this thread is from 2001)

Last edited by est-gratuite; Feb 28, 19 at 5:44 pm
Old Mar 8, 19, 10:10 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
Don't know what est-gratuite considers expensive, but I stayed on Friday night for 120 francs.

Stayed here 3 times now paying similar amounts each time and always had a pleasant stay. Both this time and the previous time, the front desk made a positive mention of my previous stay(s), which hasn't happened at any other property (but then again I've never stayed at any hotel more than 4 times).

The lounge food was better than previously and actually quite substantial (roast beef and potato gratin), breakfast was as excellent as I remembered it to be, proactive and friendly staff.

Main issue was the Swiss-style only sockets by the bed, which don't fit the round Europe plug. There was one UK and one round Europe socket by the desk. I could have walked to the bus stop but I decided to just pay the 5 francs and consider it part of the room rate.

I did consider staying elsewhere, but all the suitable options were also 15 minutes away from the HB, unless I wanted to book easyHotel or the like. The shuttle runs to time and the airport trains are frequent so I won't complain about the location.
Old Mar 8, 19, 12:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Don't know what est-gratuite considers expensive, but I stayed on Friday night for 120 francs.
I am with you on this. It has not been my experience that Hilton is expensive like in the city as @est-gratuite mentioned. You can very often get the Hilton for less than 200 CHF, sometimes close to 100 CHF as mentioned by @!. In the city I have paid 250 CHF sometimes over 300 CHF for Sheraton, and heck even for Four Points.

Some other hotels around the airport do not offer as good value as Hilton in my experience. I tried Novotel once which is modestly cheaper than Hilton but what you get is several notches below Hilton.
Old Mar 8, 19, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Accor Platinum....(Former IHG Rewards/Priority Club - quit after 13 years loyalty)
I am talking about weekend rates in Zurich only (friday, saturday & sunday nights).

Last time I checked this Hilton wanted 170CHF for a Sunday night. I compared it to 2 other hotels which are more central. Both hotels are in the central (number 110) transport zone of Zurich, and also are both next to tram stops.

The Sheraton on a Sunday night wanted 130CHF, and the Crowne Plaza on a Sunday night wanted 120CHF.

I've never seen this Hilton for less than 150CHF a night...on any night...but maybe I'm just unlucky when I check.

Staying at this Hilton when you have most of your sightseeing (or business) to do in the city centre, means a shuttle bus journey to the airport (which you have to pay for) and then a more expensive train journey back and forth from the city centre. (Zurich day travel pass costs less if you do not need to back and forth to the airport each day.)

If you add the extra transport costs, and the extra travel time, it's not worth it in my opinion, unless you get a low rate, which I can't seem to ever find.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Mar 8, 19 at 1:19 pm
Old Mar 8, 19, 1:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by est-gratuite View Post
Staying at this Hilton when you have most of your sightseeing (or business) to do in the city centre.
Well at the risk of stating the obvious, indeed if you need to be in the city then I would not book at the airport, especially not on weekends when hotels are cheaper in the city than during the week. I would also not book at Hilton during the week for sightseeing in the city because you will waste close to one hour each way and I am not sure it's worth the savings and hassle.

Hilton having more stable rates week days vs weekends is not surprising given that it's an airport hotel.

Search this Thread