Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 5:22 am

Your Request

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on the Flyertalk.com website.

When checking our records, we do not hold any reservation for you for arrival on July 10. There is indeed a technical problem which does not allow to book triple rooms. We are currently working hard on solving this issue soon.

Children until the age of 12 stay free in the same room as their parents. Please contact our inhouse Reservations Department [email protected] directly to make sure your reservation will be handled effiently. Free upgrade to our Executive Floor is subject to availability upon arrival.

We would be happy to have you and your son staying with us in July and remain with kind regards,

Bettina Schütt, General Manager
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Hilton Zurich Airport

My company's online travel agent is giving me slightly different information about a Hilton hotel near ZRH.

The Hilton website refers to:
Hilton Zurich Airport
Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg, Switzerland 8152

My online site refers to:
Utell
Apart Hotel Operated By Hilton
Hohenbuehlstrasse 1
Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152

Can some kind person please confirm that these are indeed the same place?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
not the same place
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Thank you.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
They are seperate places but do share some services. The shuttle from the airport for example is shared and it will actually stop at the Apart hotel on the way to the actual Hilton Hotel. I think you may also use the fitness center at the main hotel. You will not get any points at the Apart hotel or any Hilton Honors benefits. They pretty close to each other along the same small road.

http://www.aparthotelzurich.ch/
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:08 am

Checking out today after a three night stay and good as always. A couple of changes in the property since my last stay. There is a new exectutive lounge. The old lounge on the 5th floor is now a crew lounge. The new lounge is on the back side of the open kitchen area so as you walk down the hallway past the restaurant it is on the right. Very nice lounge and a great upgrade to the old facility. Also, bar area seems to be all non-smoking now and this is a great change for me but I am sure many will not be so pleased. The bar area seems to have some new furnishings as well. I will try to post some photos when I get time.

All in all another good stay. ^
Old Oct 30, 2010, 1:58 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Anyone ever book the dinner rate at this property? If so, is is a set menu or just the buffet? It has been a while since I have eaten at this hotel and cant remember what the food was like....I am tempted to book a dinner rate for an upcoming stay.
That's a good question....does anybody know the answer?
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
That's a good question....does anybody know the answer?
I did book it and regretted it. I was hoping it was for the buffet they have but it was not. It was a set menu and although I do not remember the choices they were not that great. You may want to email the hotel and see if things have changed but I am guessing not.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:03 am

Photos from stay on October 21, 2010 - Executive Room

Lounge View from Front Entrance-

Computer Workstation

Lounge High Top Table

Sofa Area in Back of Lounge - Darker Lighting at Night

View of Lounge from the Back

Sofa Area

Check-In Area

Restaurant on the Left - Bar Area on the Right

Lounge Signage in the Lobby

Bathroom Counter - Bathroom is Small

Closet - Extra Pillows at the Top

Storage - Robes

Bed

TV and Desk

Chair and Ottoman

Internet - Free for Golds/Diamonds

Electrical Outlets at Desk
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:13 am

Shuttle Schedule as of October 21, 2010

Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:30 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Thanks for posting that! ^

It is very useful information. The hotel should really have posted this on their webpage.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:13 am

Mein Kleine Hilton

So I'm having a spot of jetlag-busting tomatensuppe in the Hilton Zurich Airport lounge.

Suddenly there's a small mob of kiddies dressed up in chef's garb, all wearing the emblem "My Little Hilton" (in English). There are adults (presumably parents) and a bunch of Hilton staffers helping out.

Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.....but I have no idea what the hell I am looking at.

Last edited by Motorskills; Nov 29, 2010 at 7:05 am
Old Nov 29, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Hilton offers programs for children.

Found it only in German:
http://www.hilton.de/HiWayWeb/appman...lusterId=57009
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:35 am

Having recently completed a couple of days at the Zürich Hilton, I can confirm that the "new" Executive Room is very nice. Although some of of the sofas are not very comfortable.
Excellent small sandwiches during the day and also beer and wine.

I ordered the Request upon arrival: Seasonal flower bouquet. It was a truly wonderful bouquet of flowers, which certainly impressed ms Radiosyd. We even brought them back home, where they still looks good!

Being tea lovers we had tea in our room every day. Although the stock was not filled up! I had to "nick" some tea bags from the trolley of the room maid...
Old Feb 11, 2011, 4:59 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
staying at the hotel now and coming to this thread to check the time of the shuttle bus, as it's easier than walking out to the front door.

am I allowed to say that the FD agent on this morning was smokin' hot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.