Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}

Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA-PE, PC-Plat, Hz-5*, HH-Silver
thanks goldcircle,
I would have lived with it if all Swiss hotels has similar policy. I have stayed in a lot of US hotels and they never seemed to care.
It's our problem to have a 2 adults + 1 infant sleeping on a king/queen bed, not hotels. Security reasons can't be that different for 2 adults vs 2.09 adults!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Even if it were not an infant but, say, a 10 year old. Nobody...not even the Swiss, will spring for two rooms for 2 adults and 1 kid. That's just nuts.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta, Air France
We went to Meribel, France on a ski vacation when my daughter was 2. Several hotels would only book the reservation if she was demi-pension. Needless to say, we stayed in the hotel that insisted that she stay and eat for free.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:44 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
What happens if you go online and choose "1 child" with "2 adults" is what you want to put in the room.... an infant is a CHILD.....
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I would just book a room for 2 adults and then sort it out at checkin. The staff at the ZRH Hilton are quite nice actually. They will find a baby bed for your room !
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:21 pm

I have been to ZRH Hilton several times with a child, and there was no problem having her in our room, and no extra charge. Just tell them at check-in, or call the hotel directly (not Hilton).
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA
I got the same line when I tried to book an award stay there with our 2 year old. Ended up going to a different hotel closer to the city center so I don't know what would have happened if we just show up.
I had a similar issue in Munich at a Holiday Inn, the US reservation would not book it but when calling the hotel direct they said not a problem and added a note to the reservation.
Please let me know what the final outcome is since we probably will go back to the Zurich Hilton
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:43 pm

OK thanks,
We will be there in Nov, and then move on to the Alps. I chose C. Plz for the day we get into Zrh and Hilton for the day before we leave. I will leave the reservation as is and drop a line to Hilton Zrh. (and post my experience when I get back). Does any one know if we can leave our bags behind at the hotel for 3 days (even for nominal fee)?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:28 am

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
Originally Posted by maksi8
I realized that there was no option for infants (just adults/children)
So I included 2 adults + 0 children, thinking that I will just call in
and add my son.
Well, I am told due to some evac stds. I would need 2 ROOMS..Bull it
(ie one adult in one room and one adult+ 1 infant in other).
Well, since they want to consider our 10m son as an adult, how about
we carry a baby monitor and get him his own room
thanks,
I'm new at this board, so pardon me for saying this: I don't understand your abbreviations.

Also, when you say you were "told," was this calling the hotel or e-mail from HiltonHHonors. I'm just curious who told you what.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:53 am

That was Hilton Honors
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I don't have an experience with the Swiss Hiltons, but I would recommend doing what others have suggested and either calling the ZRH Hilton directly or showing up with your infant. There is only 1 Hilton I've come across in Europe that lets you book a room for 2 adults + any children (Hilton Vienna Plaza). When I book, I book for 2 adults then show up with my kids (1 toddler, 1 infant). They've never had a problem putting them in my room without any questions.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by NewsBruin
I'm new at this board, so pardon me for saying this: I don't understand your abbreviations.

Also, when you say you were "told," was this calling the hotel or e-mail from HiltonHHonors. I'm just curious who told you what.
Evacuation standards. Some European hotels (especially in Italy and Switzerland, by reputation) are real sticklers on maximum guest count in the room. The iconic USA 'Holiday Inn' standard of 2 x 2 queen beds = 4 adults just doesn't hold.

I think the OP failed to make himself clear because fire regulations will certainly permit children in the parents' room.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As I recall, this issue has been discussed several times previously on this Forum (and others.) The HHonors / Hilton US booking folks will quote some rubbish to you and not deviate from "the book," but the people who are actually running the hotels know better - they are not going to separate a couple with a 10 month old infant!

Book it - and when you show up request a crib.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
I've taken to booking the room just for me only on the res. Then when I show up with my wife and son I sort it out. The reason I do this is it seems I get a better UG if it's just me on the res. Then I can say my son will sleep on the pull out bed or what not.

Sometimes there will be a charge for my son but not always.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It seems like only the public areas, exec lounge, restaurant and some rooms have been renovated. Does anyone know when all of the guest room renovations will be complete?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.