Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Arrow Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, TX {US-TX}

I will be staying there for two nights next week. I'll put a report up here.

This will be my first stay at a Home2 Suites. I know this brand is new to Hhonors; does anybody have experience with it?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Here is the trip report:

The hotel is at the corner of Navarro and Houston streets. It is about 15 minutes to the convention center and one block to the nearest Riverwalk access.

I arrived at about 10:00 am and was not able to check in early. The clerk said they were not doing any early check ins that day. They stored my bag in a closet until 3:00.

The lobby is small and minimalist with just the breakfast serving area (concealed behind a curtain during the day), one of those trendy long communal tables and five or six smaller tables.

My room was a standard studio suite, about comparable in size to a Hampton studio suite. They also have some two-room suites, but I don't know if they upgrade Golds to them.

The room had a curtain to separate the sleeping area from the living area/kitchenette. There was a wardrobe (again with a curtain front - they really like curtains here) in one corner. The kitchenette had a sink, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer and microwave. There was no stove or oven. Drawers and shelves held utensils, a toaster, plates and glasses. There were no pots or pans since there was no cooktop or oven.

The room reminded me of a cross between a Hampton and an Embassy Suites. Although Home2 Suites bills itself as an extended-stay hotel, the lack of a full kitchen would drive me to Homewood if I were staying for more than 4 or 5 days. There is also no Managers Reception like there is at an ES or HS.

Breakfast was a bit of a letdown for me. There was dry cereal (Froot Loops and Corn Flakes), oatmeal with an assortment of toppings, breads, yogurt and milk/juice/coffee. The only hot items were English muffin breakfast pizzas you heated yourself in a conveyor-belt device. It was somewhat disappointing compared to Hampton, which also gives you waffles and a steam tray with a couple of hot items, and certainly nowhere near breakfast at ES or HS. If you are a breakfast afficionado, be warned.

This hotel opened October 4 and seems to be still working out a few kinks (at least, that's what I hope it is). My first day, one of the two elevators was broken and being worked on. The first two key cards they gave me both failed to work. The shampoo dispenser in my room (there are wall-mounted dispensers instead of little bottles for shampoo and bath gel) was empty. The privacy bar device was lacking the piece on the door that actually catches in the bar and keeps the door from opening.

For my stay, this hotel was about $60 cheaper per night than the nearby ES or HS. That and curiosity about the new brand are why I chose this hotel. I can't really complain too much, but when I go back to San Antonio, if the ES or HS are comparable in price, I will probably choose on of those. They just offer more amenities.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
thank you for this review, I will stay here next week for a couple of days and is good to know what to expect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.