Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Aberdeen Treetops {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Aberdeen Treetops {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: United, IHG, Hilton
The Hilton website now announces the rebrand:

We are pleased to announce we will rebrand to a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Winter 2016.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by mnelson
The Hilton website now announces the rebrand:
I wonder if this will be a proper refurb... or just lipstick on a pig.
Can't help but think the latter based on the current Aberdeen market.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
I wonder if this will be a proper refurb... or just lipstick on a pig.
Can't help but think the latter based on the current Aberdeen market.
Strathclyde & EDI are both getting the full works. Treetops is by far the worst of those three so it would be very disappointing if it didn't get a full refit at the same time.

Although occupancy & rates are down other brands in the city that have refurbed have done a full kit out so it would be pretty short sighted if they didn't do a full refit here especially considering the number of rooms that are currently in the pipeline. There is still an appetite to build/open hotels in Aberdeen.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:51 pm

Here at the moment. Refit is now well underway and it looks like a full wing is currently closed off.

Very similar to Strathclyde, I posted pictures of the rooms a few weeks back in this thread so won't bother posting pictures of here as they are almost identical tbh. One positive is the power points are in the right places here compared to Strathclyde.

Still a few things to be done - carpets, mirrors etc but yes - a massive improvement in the rooms.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
Here at the moment. Refit is now well underway and it looks like a full wing is currently closed off.

Very similar to Strathclyde, I posted pictures of the rooms a few weeks back in this thread so won't bother posting pictures of here as they are almost identical tbh. One positive is the power points are in the right places here compared to Strathclyde.

Still a few things to be done - carpets, mirrors etc but yes - a massive improvement in the rooms.

Hi Chris,

Really appreciate you posting this, use it about once a year, last there in the spring and thought it desperately needed TLC.

Cheers

SR
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:41 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Any recent stays?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by stc
Any recent stays?
Yes. several.

Mediocre service and generally tired rooms, but currently quite inexpensive, especially at weekends.

Bar and restaurant are recently refurbished and offer reasonable value.

Two drinks vouchers issued at each check-in for HH Diamond (interestingly they are all valid until 31 Dec 2018, so can be "stock piled").

Reliable upgrades to deluxe rooms - which can be quite large in the original main building - for Diamond members.

Cannot comment on gym / pool / health club as have not visited recently.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:13 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kkong42
Yes. several.

Mediocre service and generally tired rooms, but currently quite inexpensive, especially at weekends.

Bar and restaurant are recently refurbished and offer reasonable value.

Two drinks vouchers issued at each check-in for HH Diamond (interestingly they are all valid until 31 Dec 2018, so can be "stock piled").

Reliable upgrades to deluxe rooms - which can be quite large in the original main building - for Diamond members.

Cannot comment on gym / pool / health club as have not visited recently.
Thanks. I guess so much for the "renovation" to turn it into a Doubletree.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by stc
Thanks. I guess so much for the "renovation" to turn it into a Doubletree.
More of a 'rebranding' than a renovation. Still have the crazy TVs where it's hard to do the one thing you want to do (i.e. change channel).
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:44 am

The rooms were painted and the bedding/furniture replaced, however unlike the other conversions that were done at the same time the carpets and pictures etc weren’t replaced plus they done nothing about the creaky floorboards or the bathrooms so it all looks out of place.

Its about five months since I last stayed there so if the bar and restaurant have been refurbed it’s very recent.

Its bottom of the list in aberdeen for me when it comes to HH. Even the Hampton at Westhill where half the rooms get no mobile signal is above here for me.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:47 am
stc

Originally Posted by chrism20

Its bottom of the list in aberdeen for me when it comes to HH. Even the Hampton at Westhill where half the rooms get no mobile signal is above here for me.
OK. So, between the HGI and the other DT (at the "teach") which would you pick?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by stc
OK. So, between the HGI and the other DT (at the "teach") which would you pick?
Personally if I had to pick I’d go with the HGI. The DT at the beach is nice enough if you get a platinum room but even those are starting to look tired.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by golfmad
More of a 'rebranding' than a renovation. Still have the crazy TVs where it's hard to do the one thing you want to do (i.e. change channel).
But wait... I was in room 6 a couple of days ago with a brand new TV that worked far better than the awful ones they had before.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
But wait... I was in room 6 a couple of days ago with a brand new TV that worked far better than the awful ones they had before.
Yes, at least the Queen Deluxe rooms now have large (55" ?) Samsung LCDs.

I had to unlock them recently to re-tune because they don't have the new BBC Scotland channel tuned in.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by kkong42
Yes, at least the Queen Deluxe rooms now have large (55" ?) Samsung LCDs.

I had to unlock them recently to re-tune because they don't have the new BBC Scotland channel tuned in.
Any tips on how to “unlock” as frequently I find they need channel updates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.