Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2001, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the other links, Counsellor. I guess I should visit those boards more.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Hilton Frankfurt

Hello All. I will be visiting Germany for the First Time this weekend. This is a spur of the moment trip and will be using HHonors points to stay at the Frankfurt Hilton Thurs, Friday and Saturday Night. I did read the posts but did have some other questions. First, how is the English at the Hotel? If I want recommendations of places to go, how to get there, I am assuming I can find help. Also, I hear this is a great hotel, it is near any points of interest. Also, will I be anywhere near the home infamous Rudi? Also, what is the best way to get from FRA to the hotel and what is reasonable cost?
Old Apr 16, 2001, 8:35 pm
DOC 2 BE

I think Rudi lives in Switzerland, thus, no.

As to your other q's, I can't answer them.

Old Apr 17, 2001, 3:38 am

The hotel is located in (or very near) city centre.

The cheapest way (DM 3.70) to get there from
airport is taking a S8 or S9 train,
direction Frankfurt City, get off at
Hauptwache.
Then you can go by foot (cca 500m) or take subway lines U1,U2 or U3 (direction Ginnheim, Gozenheim or Hohemark) and get off at next stop, Eschensheimer Turm. The hotel is located near the U-bahn station.

Or just take a taxi - it will cost about DM 50,-.

Old Apr 17, 2001, 10:00 am
Original Member

We stayed there in November. English was widely spoken. You should have no problems. Elite status is recognized.
Old Apr 17, 2001, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just back from Frankfurt this past weekend.

Easy to access from FRA, and English is widely spoken most everywhere you go. As noted, take the S8 or S9 into the main RR terminal, then walk over to the hotel. You can buy a day pass for DM8.20 to ride the S- and U-bahn, trams and buses and it includes transport from FRA. If you want to go to museums, get the two-day card for about DM19 which includes 50% discount for many museums in the city.

After you descend the escalators from FRA into the airport railway terminal, you'll see a travel office for DB, the german railway to the right. Just go in there and the counter staff will get you the appropriate ticket. They speak English and understand confusion of visitors confronted by such matters. Machines can be a bit confusing for first timer and require change. These guys will take a credit card.

Also, make sure you have a valid ticket at all times when riding public transit. There are regular patrols on all vehicles, and the fine is DM60, hardly worth the problems of being confronted without one. Sometimes, these guys are not in their red baret and uniforms, and will come on trains or trams like Stasi agents, dressed in an ordinary windbreaker and slacks, come up to you and flash their ID, then ask for your ticket.

Takes a bit of getting used to.
Old Apr 17, 2001, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Even the signage in the Hilton is English. You will have no problems.
Old Apr 18, 2001, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Thanks All. I leave this evening at 5:50EST on LH. Looking forward to the trip!

Old Apr 30, 2001, 9:37 pm

Programs: CO Plat*; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold
Frankfurt Hilton A++

With CO's new promotion to FRA I couldn't help but redeem a reward at the Frankfurt Hilton for a night on my last run.

30k got me an amazing room with an view on the exec floor. The usual treatment was extended as a G-VIP. In the middle of the day, someone dropped in to deliver some chocolate covered strawberries and other fruits and cookies. nice touch.

Overall, I was very pleased and would highly recommend it.
Old May 1, 2001, 11:04 am

I completely agree with your comments on the Frankfurt Hilton. Frankfurt is now one of my main mileage run destinations because of this hotel...They really seem to take the Diamond/Status stuff serious.

On my last stay (using awards certificates) we arrived at 6:30am and the hotel was sold out the night before, and rooms would not be available until after noon ...but, as he was finishing that sentence I think he noticed my status, excussed himself to check on something in the back. Next thing I know I'm on the top floor staying in the Truman Suite. And then, as in past vists, the fresh fruit and champaigne arrives!!!

While I've always been upgraded to the Executive Floor here, this was my first stay on the All-Suite floor...and what's interesting is that all the suites are named after U.S. Presidents.

A great hotel!!!
Old May 1, 2001, 11:38 am

Agree. Fantastic Hotel and had the same experiences as others, except no suite. I was staying at a pretty discounted rate though. I would highly recommed it. Also there is a great young resturant called Central PArk that is right down the street. It was great, trendy and reasonabally priced!
Old May 1, 2001, 11:45 am
LEB

We just got back from a trip and our airport was FRA. So for the first night I decided to book a "Romance Package" at the Frankfurt Hilton since our 10 yr anniversary is coming up. Very nice corner room with large glass "walls" overlooking the park. Recieved a small bottle of champagne & chocolate bar on arrival and a large champagne breakfast the next morning as part of the package. Really impressed with the service and the room.

At the end of our stay we spent a couple of nights at the Mainz City Hilton (also a short train ride from FRA). While it didn't compare to the Frankfurt setup it was still a very nice room overlooking the courtyard and some rooftop gardens. The breakfast buffet was also very good. Both mornings I noticed lots of Air Canada flight crew.

Old May 1, 2001, 12:28 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The Mainz City hotel is a crew hotel yes.
In Mainz I would highly recommend the Hyatt!
Old Oct 31, 2001, 9:11 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Frankfurt Hilton - Sofa beds?

Anyone know if a king room at the Frankfurt Hilton would include a sofa bed?

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2001, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I wish all Hilton's could be like Frankfurt

I found some very positive posts here about the Hilton Frankfurt before I stayed there this past weekend, so I must say I had high expectations of this hotel going in. I'm happy to report that it exceeded every one of them. Some high points...

1. Booked a cheapo rate ($125), and as a Gold was upgraded to a corner room with a fantastic view.

2. Room Service- Had a delicious Filet Mignon dinner that was delivered piping hot, quickly (30 minutes), by a very friendly gentleman.

3. At check in I enquired about the easiest way to get to the Nurburgring (famous race track about 3 hours away). She was familiar with it and said she would get back to me. Expecting some sort of leaflet or pamphlet, I was shocked when about 10 minutes later a man from guest relations called with driving directions. I apologized and said I would be traveling by train. No problem he said, and 5 minutes later I get a call back. He had called Frankfurt Main Station and had a schedule put together for me. Very impressive.

4. At check-out, I informed the front desk that the TV-Internet had not been working that morning (the only thing wrong with this stay). It was removed from the bill promptly no questions asked as it should have been.

As was said in earlier posts, this hotel is still very nice, very new, very clean, etc. etc., and it's staffed by some of the friendliest and most helpful people. I've had 19 stays with Hilton since BT2YM in February, and this is hands down the best yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.