Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre {TTO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre {TTO}

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2002, 10:51 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Arrow Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre {TTO}

I saw an AA milage bonus of 3k-6k for a 3 nite stay in POS a couple of days ago..but can't remember where...I check both AA and HH.
I am going to POS in 3 days and would love to earn the extra points. Perhaps somebody can rememeber this offer. Thanks in advance!

------------------
MRKEY
Old Jun 11, 2003, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGL&CCR, LH HON, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Where to complain?

I recently stayed in the Port-of-Spain Hilton and the rooms were definitely sub-standard, by any standard. The carpet stained, the bathroom horrible and old and the entire room smelling mouldy. I complained to reception and they said they know the rooms are ****ty, but they are fully booked and have no "renovated" rooms available. I filled in a guest comments card at check-out (not too happy a guest comment, you might imagine), but I want to write to Hilton HQ. So the question is: Where and how best to complain? I don´t have any status with HHonors.

[This message has been edited by FF_Bello (edited 06-11-2003).]
Old Jun 11, 2003, 11:25 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I have had good responses from the [email protected] e-mail address.

I have written to them for both good and bad comments, and they have dealt with issues VERY quickly.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Call Stephen F. Bollenbach, President of
Hilton. You'll get voicemail, but someone will call you back and the fact that they were asked to call you from his office should carry some weight. The main number is +1 310.205.4545. Ask for Bollenbach's office.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I think it's been covered in prior threads but my experience is that calling Hilton Honors and then transferring to guest services has been useful. The hotel will contact you directly with a proposed resolution after you've talked the Guest Service personnel.
Old Jun 12, 2003, 12:43 pm

on a related note, if u have something to say (suggestions or complaints), would u address it to the general manager of the property involved, or to the brand manager at corporate or ?
Old Jun 12, 2003, 1:59 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by saimike:
on a related note, if u have something to say (suggestions or complaints), would u address it to the general manager of the property involved, or to the brand manager at corporate or ?</font>
This probably deserves it's own topic .

That being said. I typically try and resolve things at the location, if that does not work to my satisfaction (Example is my recent LVH stay). I go home, and write a letter to corporate.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL&CCR, LH HON, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bkniaz:

That being said. I typically try and resolve things at the location, if that does not work to my satisfaction (Example is my recent LVH stay). I go home, and write a letter to corporate.
</font>
Well I am back and I did complain, so I should write/call to HQ?

Thanks to all for the good hints.

Old Jun 15, 2003, 7:36 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boobeary:
I think it's been covered in prior threads but my experience is that calling Hilton Honors and then transferring to guest services has been useful. The hotel will contact you directly with a proposed resolution after you've talked the Guest Service personnel.</font>
I wish that were always true. I had a poor experience at the Embassey Suites in Kansas City last year and contacted Guest Services who stated that the manager of E S would give me a call. They never called me to discuss it. No surprise as the service there was so poor it was laughable. Just went to KC for the same meetings this year and I definitely didn't stay there.

Guest Services at Corporate finally resolved it by refunding one nights stay.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Jun 17, 2003, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
One other reason I would suggest contacting Guest Services: I feel like Guest Services contacting the hotel puts more pressure on a hotel to address the customer. As Supered1 mentioned as well, they can resolve the problem if the hotel does not to your satisfaction. They do suggest you try contacting the manager first though.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 1:06 pm

Since you live in the UK (?) i suggest that you write to... Hilton HHonors Guest Relations, 4 Cadogan Square, Cadogan Street, Glasgow G52 4EG... Btw... i am new here so hi to ya all
Old Sep 10, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat,Hilton Diamond(500k and counting),Hertz 5 Star Gold
Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre Trip Reports and Reviews

I just recently returned from Trinidad a few weeks ago and I wanted to post a few items about the Hilton while I was staying there.

I checked in at last minute due to moving from the holiday inn express. I wasn’t offered an upgraded room because they were 100% booked on the executive floor. No biggy, I was given free breakfast and free internet usage during my stay.

Exterior
The hotel is a "few" years old and on the outside it could really use a facelift. There is tons of peeling paint and areas on the building that need desperate cleaning. There are parts of the walkways (below the pool area) that have trash bags and lots of leaves in big piles. I was almost shocked to see the outside in the way that it was maintained. I always assumed that Hilton wanted to make the outside appealing to the eye.

Main restaurant

The main restaurant is a good size. Here you can have breakfast lunch and dinner. Breakfast has a good variety of hot and cold foods and juices. Most of the time they have eggs and bacon and hashbrowns (hashbrowns are not that good due to sitting in a steam kettle) You can get eggs to order and the cook is pretty good. Any more than three or 4 people lined up your better off to go sit and wait(but not too long because another group of people will beat you in line. They also serve some local food during breakfast.

Dinner is my favorite meal of the day so I tend to be pickier during this time. The hotel does offer "menu items" but the one time that I ordered from the menu it took 45+ minutes to get my food and there was hardly anyone eating during that time. The buffet is pretty good, lots of salads to choose from and plenty of hot items (local food is a little different)
Desert section is ok, I found that they need to improve on their deserts a little better. Most of the items that I tried either lacked in taste or was dry.

Bars
There are three bars that you can get your drinks from. One in the main lobby one downstairs (by the breakfast area) and one by the pool. The bars carry just about all the different type of adult beverages you can think of, and there are drinks for the younger frequent flyers. Typical rum and coke is $3.00 US after service charge and vat it comes to about 23.75TT
They do sell Cuban cigars in the breakfast area. Cigars range from $14-$80US

Pool

The pool is a good size, it looks more like a lap pool to me but it is 12 feet deep. No slide or diving board.

Elevators
The elevators are umm....Different...They numbering seems backwards to me, I never figured them out.. There is a few located around, but it’s still a little walk from one side of the hotel to the lobby if you are on opposite ends.

Taxis
The hotel has taxis lined up 24/7 that will take you just about anywhere. There is a increase on the taxi fair if you leave before 6am. I guess that is considered premium time...
We had a tour guide hired for us and he was very prompt and polite. I will use him again for sure. (Going back 3 more times)

Taxis have an H as the first letter on the license plate. P is private T is truck. So check out the plate before you get into a "Taxi"

The Hilton does not have a pickup service at the hotel, but there are more than enough cabs there willing to run you around...

I don’t recommend the "maxi" taxis...These guys drive around in a White van with a red stripe and or green stripe..They drive like freaking crazy people.

One last thing that I have to mention...

The last night that I was at the hotel (on a Wednesday) I was sitting at the bar (next to the breakfast area called the carnival bar) and all my co-workers had gone up to bed. I noticed 2 local girls sitting at a table. There was several times that I noticed them looking at me. One girl finally came up and came over to me and introduced herself. After very light small talk she whispers into my ear "I can do anything you want for $100us) SHOCKED? Why yes I was...First of all I don’t do hookers, second, I wouldn’t hire a hooker in a third world country. Fourth I don’t do hookers.

I told the bartender about it and they didn’t seem to mind...So...Needless to say..Watch out for the hookers!

Hope this wasnt to long and boring...
Old Sep 11, 2007, 3:40 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
The elevators are numbered in reverse order because it is an upside down pyramid! I have stayed there dozens of times....It's part of the Trini charm. Hookers...I guess they didn't approach me.. Thanks for the up to date and very accurate report. I guess Hilton has some cleaning up to do..AFAIK it was always in a confusion state of repairs. I did like the lobby bar at happy hour. I would stay there again just for the ambiance.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 7:00 am

Trinidad and Tobago Hiltons

Need some info on both:

Trinidad - is a taxi the best option from the airport? If so, how much?
I have a great rate on Executive level room. As a diamond, is there a possibility of an upgrade to a suite? I know there are no guarantees but just want to know if others got something more when they booked Executive level rooms.

Tobago - same question about transportation - is taxi my best option? and if so, how much?
I have reservation for a regular king room. What if any upgrades are given to a diamond at this property.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Taxi to both.

Here are some threads on the hotels, specifically Tobago. We stayed at both on one trip. Try using the search function looking for "tobago" or Trinidad.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...038&highlight=

I thought you might be interested in reading this web page:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=7123

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=tobago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.