Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in South Korea {KOR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in South Korea {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2002, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in South Korea {KOR}

Problems in the family:
http://english.joins.com/Article.asp...014459&sid=400
Old May 22, 2002, 4:23 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Perfect timing as I have an upcoming stay at the Grand Hilton. Any reviews?

------------------
Old May 22, 2002, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

As the old Swiss Grand Hotel, the place was better than the Hilton, and I think it's gone through a lot of improvements in the past year.

The two hotels are in totally different locations, and some people think the Grand is not conveniently located, but that all depends on what your business is in Seoul. It's a big city.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hilton HHonors Properties in Seoul

I did a search. Found nothing directly. Please comment on Hiltons in Seoul. Especially treatment of Diamond members. Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2003, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Am only a lowly Gold, but stayed at the Grand Hilton Seoul earlier this year on an Award stay and was treated fantastically. I was upgraded to a suite, but I think this was due to a low occupancy at the time.

But I can't speak highly enough of the staff or the property itself. The only negative is that the hotel is not in central Seoul, but is only a short 10-15 mins on the subway. It is the closer of the two properties to Incheon airport.

Hope this helps, enjoy your stay in Seoul.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005273.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006290.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007143.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007445.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/007687.html

There are 2 hilton properties in Seoul. The Hilton Seoul is downtown and the Grand Hilton is about 15 mins from downtown. The Grand Hilton offers free shuttle service to various Seoul locations every half hour or so and also the return trip as well. I like it because it is a little less hectic and the air is a bit fresher there If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 4:56 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
inasmuchas and korea71 Thank you both. I was between Westin and Hyatt. Now more choices. Regards to you both
Old Jun 21, 2003, 8:03 am

What is the purpose of your trip? It may have some bearing as to where you would want to stay. As a HH diamond, you will not be disappointed.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 3:44 pm

Just a tourist. Always looking for a write off. Wanna have a drink. Regards
Old Jun 21, 2003, 4:42 pm

You never posted when you are going. If I am in Seoul at the same time, sure. As a tourist, why don't you try a stay at all the hotels while earning stay credit at all of them. There is a also a Ritz that is not too expensive.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 9:27 pm

Mid-September. I have a FFN reservation at the Grand Hyatt. A SPG50 discounted reservation at the Westin. Have Hilton as a option with award certificates issued. Any opinion. The Hyatt sounds great and I know it is always highly rated. Your overall opinion. As I get closer I will e-mail you direct. Regards
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

If "Mid-September" means anything between September 9 and 15, be advised that this year there is an extended major holiday 9/10-14. On the 9th and 14th/15th there will be traffic hell, as 48 million people will be trying to travel inter-city. On the 10th-14th businesses will be open only limited hours, (or not at all, in the case of banks, gov't offices, etc.). It's the only time of year when you can actually enjoy QUIET streets in Seoul.

Old Jun 23, 2003, 1:36 pm

I just decided that I will be going to Korea the first week of July with a side trip to Singapore for a week or so. I may be going again in Sept. so let me know.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
I found a reasonable rate on www.asia-hotels.com for Grand Hilton (US$106). From most FT'ers account of this hotel, it is outside the downtown area. Is it going to be tough finding transportation back to hotel if I venture out late in the night (e.g. night market) Are there any subway stations nearby, and how costly is a ride on the tube to downtown?

Also, how much is a cab fare from ICN to Grand Hilton? I reckon if it is not too much of a difference, I'll save the trouble with switching shuttles.

As much as I like to stay at Seoul Hilton, I find it to be on the pricey side(US$167).
Anyone managed to get a better rate?
Old Jul 3, 2003, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
I found a reasonable rate on www.asia-hotels.com for Grand Hilton (US$106). </font>
Let us know if you get any elite benefits at this rate & if you get stay credit & points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.