Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: DL GM/HH Diamond/Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MysteryEMT
Really only getting an extra set of base points. You'd still earn the Base Points, Plus Diamond Bonus, Plus Double dip points points, plus 3 free night certs equivalent to ~150,000 points.

I'm just trying to figure out how much this will ruin my life if I hop. I could earn a free night each week of travel.
But with the rates I am paying, the bonus on base points will work out better than the free night cert.

Now only if Delta will jump in on a Hilton Promo... I remember in 09 they were offering MQMs with stays.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:00 am

Why not try the free nights? I believe you will also get all the regular points (base + diamond bonus + double dip, etc.). The only difference is the "double points."

Originally Posted by izmatron
Forget the free night cert, double points is where it's at. Since I only stay at Hilton internationally, this is great!

13 nights Hilton Sao Paulo

20 nights Hilton London Paddington

Double Points, Plus Diamond Bonus, Plus Double dip points and points = Lots of free nights.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just read the T & C carefully said delivered within 6 weeks; we all know these will pop in probably a day or two after each 4th stay. Hopefully some leeway "valid for 6 months from day if issue" so does our stay have to be completed by then or just booked? If it is booked then these would be good for most of 2012, I called the DD; they didn't even know about it yet.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ChrisHubbard
This is going to be an AWESOME promo for me. I average 8ish 1-night stays in Hiltons a month so I'm looking at maybe 6 certs over the course of the promo.

A quick question:

The FAQ says "How do our HHonors members earn their Free Night certificate?
For every four stays OR ten nights (whichever comes first) at one of our participating properties, within the promotional period, Hilton HHonors will award the member with a Free Night certificate, which can be used at any Hilton Worldwide property around the world. There is no limit to the number of Free Night certificates a member can earn within the promotional period."

Do the 4 stays/10 nights required for a cert have all be at the same Hilton property? The wording is a little confusing for me.

Thanks

Chris
Anyone got an idea about this one? Can I replace the 'one' with 'any'?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Valuing the free nights at 50,000 points, it means you'd need to be spending $5,000 or equivalent in your 4 stays or 10 nights before double points will be better for you. Entirely possible depending on where you stay, but don't forget you get VIP and Points and Points bonuses irrespective of which promo path you choose.
True.
But after 6 months, if you don't use them, the value of the free night certificate is zero, while the extra bonus points will still have value.

So, high spending may not be the only reason to opt for the double points.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Just read the T & C carefully said delivered within 6 weeks; we all know these will pop in probably a day or two after each 4th stay. Hopefully some leeway "valid for 6 months from day if issue" so does our stay have to be completed by then or just booked? If it is booked then these would be good for most of 2012, I called the DD; they didn't even know about it yet.
Last time they had to be used, not booked with the 12 months. I would expect the same with the 6 month window this time, but you never know.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RAPC
Last time they had to be used, not booked with the 12 months. I would expect the same with the 6 month window this time, but you never know.
Originally Posted by kmandrew
The expiration of the free night certificates is addressed very directly in the FAQ, emphasis mine:

Where can HHonors members use their Free Night certificate?
Certificates can be redeemed for use at any of our 3700+ Hilton Worldwide properties, at all brands, however the HHonors member must book their room in advance, make the reservation through Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC), and complete the stay prior to the certificate expiration.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The expiration of the free night certificates is addressed very directly in the FAQ, emphasis mine:

Where can HHonors members use their Free Night certificate?
Certificates can be redeemed for use at any of our 3700+ Hilton Worldwide properties, at all brands, however the HHonors member must book their room in advance, make the reservation through Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC), and complete the stay prior to the certificate expiration.
I agree that the 6 month limitation could definately be a deciding factor on which option to choose. I recently booked a room in Venice and one in Rome for 50K points each for late May & early Jun 2012. It will be a timing issue of when the Q4FNs get issued to potentially use these, cancel my current reservations and get my 50k points back...... assuming availability still of course.

Last edited by DaChief; Sep 26, 2011 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by DaChief
I agree that the 6 month limitation could definately be a deciding factor on which option to choose. I recently booked a room in Venice and one in Rome for 50K points each for late May & early Jun 2012. It will be a timing issue of when the Q3FNs get issued to potentially use these, cancel my current reservations and get my 50k points back...... assuming availability still of course.
[PEDANT]These are Q4FNs.[/PEDANT]
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisHubbard
Anyone got an idea about this one? Can I replace the 'one' with 'any'?
I'm certain that you can replace "one" with "any". You will not be required to stay at the same hotel for 4 stays or 10 nights to qualify for the promo.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Can I redeen free nites at all inclusive Hiltons ?

I read the T and C's and didnt see that all inclusive resorts were not elgible for free nite redemption.

Did I miss it somewhere ?

Thinking about using at Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa, which isnt on the excluded hotel list either.

cheers,
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by stifle
[PEDANT]These are Q4FNs.[/PEDANT]
Picky picky picky
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Great promo. The Q4FN's will come in handy per 4 stays.

う~ん Hilton Nagoya is not a participant. However, I certainly know where to stay with a Q4FN certificate. :-:

Spock Seat
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by DaChief
8 nights and hotel hopping = 2 free nights
You're right, of course. But at this stage changing reservations is in some cases impossible. (And my wife hates hotel hopping, so...)

Last edited by SPBanker; Sep 26, 2011 at 11:17 am Reason: Typo....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SPBanker
You're right, of course. But at this stage changing reservations is in some cases imbossible. (And my wife hates hotel hopping, so...)
I don't like hotel hopping either, but I can live with it. My biggest concern is what my manager and clients think of me when they see my expenses report.

I worry if they will think of me less professional because I seem to spend a lot of efforts maximizing my rewards, instead of minimizing the cost or maximizing my productivity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.