Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Hilton finally got my attention - I might actually shift enough to keep Diamond now.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just signed up. I got excited when I saw "when you stay now through December 31" but the fine print has an Oct 1 start date. I will have two stays between now and the end of September and I thought for a moment they would give me a nice head start.

Only one hotel I had expected to stay in is on the exclude list. That hotel seems to opt out of every promo, which has driven me to other nearby participating properties in the past. This time will probably be the same.

The 6 month limit makes the certs less useful (at least for me), so I don't think it will drive a ton of extra stays (at least from me).
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
This is a good promo for me given my expected Q4 travel - but it's quite a long list of properties that have chosen to 'opt out.' Is this normal for HH promos? I haven't been keeping a close eye on them for the past couple of years.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Going to have to pack my bags every night
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Great promo.

Who would have thought that Hilton would offer the best Q4 promo of the big Five hotel chains? After wandering in the wilderness for a few years, Hilton has been quite competitive in 2010 and continues the trend in 2011.

SG
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anyone break it down to determine whether award stays count?
So, cash and points don't qualify for the promotion as a "night or stay" but they do qualify for tier status? Seems like some consistency should in place.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
So, cash and points don't qualify for the promotion as a "night or stay" but they do qualify for tier status? Seems like some consistency should in place.
HHonors could do what Starwood does and have it count for neither. That would satisfy your request for consistency.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Thanks for quick notification of the new promo!!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:08 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Hmm, I have four stays (eight nights) booked in Octobe-November. I don't think there will be four more for Q4/11, and since I am partly staying at more expensive properties, I think I will choose double points (and try to use them in 2012 for AXON stay at a more expensive property).
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Wow. It looks like a good chunk of the SFO properties have opted-out.
Just means I earn my SPG stays in the Bay Area, and free nights elsewhere at HGI's and Hampton's.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
2 Q:

check-in 9/29, check-out 10/2. Eligible?

Which of the at least 3 Hilton properties in downtown SFO is the "Hilton San Francisco"?

Thx
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
HHonors could do what Starwood does and have it count for neither. That would satisfy your request for consistency.
11000 posts and that's the best response you have? I was hoping maybe someone called for P and C clarification.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Happy with this promo, especially as I was keeping fingers crossed for a free night promo. I'm mainly a SPG and HH man, so earlier this year I pretty much retained SPG Platinum thanks for the Free Resort Nights promo. That has left me with 12 stays for HH Diamond until the end of the year, so that's the next few months sorted and at least 3 free nights coming through. ^
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Not a bad promo per se but that 6-month validity dampens it a bit.

UTA
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by SK AAR
check-in 9/29, check-out 10/2. Eligible?

Which of the at least 3 Hilton properties in downtown SFO is the "Hilton San Francisco"?

Thx
I hope so, I have a check in 30/9 check-out 4/10, I'd hate for it to be not counted for either promo.

I'm going for double points, I have six stays for 14 nights in the period (plus a new years stay which will prob hang over to a Q1 2012 promotion). As usual with me, most of them are high value stuff at Asian Conrads or Central Londump, where I think the points will add up to more free nights than the free nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.