Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for the info folks. I'll be flying out of T3.

Late night I mean 9-11 pm or so and grab a late night takeaway or pizza.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I've always considered the most convenient Hilton for LHR to be... the Hilton Paddington. Tons of dinner options, and 15 minutes by train in the morning.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
I have an early flight out of LHR in August. Rather than take the train very early from Ashford X then piccadilly to LHR I want to spend the night near LHR. I'm looking for a hotel that I can walk to a pub at night and get a late night bite to eat. HGI LHR? It's close to Hatton Cross that is very convenient the next morning. How about the Doubletree?
I've walked by the Green Man and as far as Tesco from HGI. Great value and you can easily use public transport. Depending on the night, you could be looking at a few hundred pounds difference trying to stay in central London. The HGI is a nice airport hotel with no defects.

This topic has been discussed to death.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by Twickenham
I've always considered the most convenient Hilton for LHR to be... the Hilton Paddington. Tons of dinner options, and 15 minutes by train in the morning.
I agree that Paddington is a great option.

But it’s definitely not 15 minutes. The first stage of Heathrow Express is 15 minutes once you get to it and it departs. Then it’s still a ways to get to the actual terminal check in.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I have an early flight out of LHR in August. Rather than take the train very early from Ashford X then piccadilly to LHR I want to spend the night near LHR. I'm looking for a hotel that I can walk to a pub at night and get a late night bite to eat. HGI LHR? It's close to Hatton Cross that is very convenient the next morning. How about the Doubletree?

Having now stayed at ALL of rhe LHR Hilton family hotels I would say the Double tree might fit your bill.

Its very cheap, the the break is great, as a Diamond I received 2 drink vouchers, there is a pub near by, the bar in the hotel is nice, theres also a Tesco across the road and the bus to/from Heathrow central bus station stops directly infont of the hotel!

The HGI is not far from hattoncross but it is a walk for sure!

Just my 2 cents.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Thanks for the info folks. I'll be flying out of T3.

Late night I mean 9-11 pm or so and grab a late night takeaway or pizza.
The double tree has a Dominos across The street too
Old May 24, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

all good tips here thanks so much. Since I'm coming in from the tube on the piccadilly line I was looking for a place I could walk to and that seems to be the HGI. Is the Doubletree tube accessible?
Old May 24, 2019, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can always take the tube to LHR and then one of the public buses to your hotel, especially if your hotel is within the free zone. This has the advantage of showing you what you will need to do the next morning.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:34 am

all good tips here thanks so much. Since I'm coming in from the tube on the piccadilly line I was looking for a place I could walk to and that seems to be the HGI. Is the Doubletree tube accessible?

Well depends on you 🤪 I walked from the HGI to the double tree last weekend. Took me about 30minutes. But you can go to heathrow cebtral bus station and change to a bus rhere that stops right in front.

The HGI is fine for a one nighter but for my preference I will choose The DT especially if the the prices are similar.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kauppias
Well depends on you 🤪 I walked from the HGI to the double tree last weekend. Took me about 30minutes. But you can go to heathrow cebtral bus station and change to a bus rhere that stops right in front.

The HGI is fine for a one nighter but for my preference I will choose The DT especially if the the prices are similar.
thanks. Seems like a pain to go into LHR then all the way to the bus station, wait for a bus then on to the DT whereas I can just get off at Hatton Cross and walk.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:12 am

thanks. Seems like a pain to go into LHR then all the way to the bus station, wait for a bus then on to the DT whereas I can just get off at Hatton Cross and walk.
Its about a 22-25minute walk from hatton cross to the double tree if you are a brisk walker 😁 but the HGI is fine for a night for sure
Old May 24, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The new HGI at T2 is looking smart, signage now up.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
The new HGI at T2 is looking smart, signage now up.
Indeed but I am sure it will command a higher Price for the location alone
Old May 24, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by kauppias
Indeed but I am sure it will command a higher Price for the location alone
I just booked it (HGI T2) for an overnight in Sept. for 80£. For comparison, the HGI could be had for 48£. But I am flying in and out of T2 so I thought I’d give it a go.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I just booked it (HGI T2) for an overnight in Sept. for 80£. For comparison, the HGI could be had for 48£. But I am flying in and out of T2 so I thought I’d give it a go.

Not bad 👍 the HGI and DT are good value hotels at LHR fairly easy to get to without supporting the HoppaMafia nor going broke 😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.