Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by whimsey21

Bankside blows away the Waldorf on breakfast in my opinion, but a big part of the appeal for me is the outstanding lounge. If I were in your position and didn’t have lounge access, however, I’d probably go with the Waldorf just due to location. I’ve stayed at both, and while bankside is close to several tube stops, I found the ease of stepping out of the Waldorf and being surrounded by the west end restaurants/shops vs the ~15 minute tube ride to make up for the less nice accommodations.

I also think you’ll find that the Conrad opens up closer to the date of your trip. I’ve seen it sold out (or pricing crazy high) several months out and then open rooms at a reasonable price one to two weeks before my trip.
Thanks so much. To all who responded. I think it shall be the Waldorf then. With an eye on the Conrad in hopes it opens up closer to Sept. Many thanks again.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Got a weekend trip in Feb. Bankside and TB are just about the same price (TB is a smidge cheaper). What would you go with?

Diamond so will get the exec access regardless. Thought I've read that Bankside will be more likely for an upgrade, but I'm also kind of keen to check out the TB lounge with the roof.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
Thanks so much. To all who responded. I think it shall be the Waldorf then. With an eye on the Conrad in hopes it opens up closer to Sept. Many thanks again.
Good choice, don't forget to pack your gym kit/ swimwear.......Waldorf has amazing leisure facilities!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by redstapler11
Got a weekend trip in Feb. Bankside and TB are just about the same price (TB is a smidge cheaper). What would you go with?

Diamond so will get the exec access regardless. Thought I've read that Bankside will be more likely for an upgrade, but I'm also kind of keen to check out the TB lounge with the roof.
Either is a great choice - they're both top hotels, and good value. At the same price I'd lean towards Bankside. TB lounge is lss smart, but has more extensive evening food; Bankside lounge breakfast is better but TB restaurant breakfast is better (only just).

You'll likely get an exec room UG at TB, likely just 1-cat room UG at Bankside (standard to deluxe) but that difference is trivial since all rooms are very good. Suite UG at either is rare, but more likely at Bankside.

TB is usually cheaper at weekends so if you have a deal at Bankside just take it!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:45 am

Wanted advice on whether I should go ahead and use points to complete my entire booking, or wait.

Background: Have 2 weekend certs from Ascend and Hilton Biz, both earned last Nov. My plan was to earn a 3rd cert early in 2019, so I can use it to book Fri-Sat-Sun, and use points for Thu (for a June 13-17 booking). However, buying groups/reselling GCs has slowed down after the holidays, and long story short, I don't anticipate having that cert ready until mid March at the earliest. I certainly have enough HH points to cover 2 nights at literally any Hilton standard room in London, but obviously, some I'd spare the 80k for a night if I can help it.

I'd like to stay at Conrad, Waldorf, Bankside (seem to be the most often recommended ones in the last few months of scrolling this thread). Last time I was in London was spring 2018, and I did the Hampton Inn Waterloo due to some cheap HH prices at the time. Liked that location, but want to stay in a slightly different part of town this time; still "central" to things and not too out in one direction. Is it likely one of those preferred hotels will have standard room availability 3 months prior to booking? Is it worth the hassle to maybe book 2 nights with points, and "swap" it out for a weekend cert once I have it? (To clarify, my ideal scenario is booking 3 certs + 1 night with points).

Last edited by ne0ven0m; Jan 14, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Wanted advice on whether I should go ahead and use points to complete my entire booking, or wait.

Background: Have 2 weekend certs from Ascend and Hilton Biz, both earned last Nov. My plan was to earn a 3rd cert early in 2019, so I can use it to book Fri-Sat-Sun, and use points for Thu (for a June 13-17 booking). However, buying groups/reselling GCs has slowed down after the holidays, and long story short, I don't anticipate having that cert ready until mid March at the earliest. I certainly have enough HH points to cover 2 nights at literally any Hilton standard room in London, but obviously, some I'd spare the 80k for a night if I can help it.

I'd like to stay at Conrad, Waldorf, Bankside (seem to be the most often recommended ones in the last few months of scrolling this thread). Last time I was in London was spring 2018, and I did the Hampton Inn Waterloo due to some cheap HH prices at the time. Liked that location, but want to stay in a slightly different part of town this time; still "central" to things and not too out in one direction. Is it likely one of those preferred hotels will have standard room availability 3 months prior to booking? Is it worth the hassle to maybe book 2 nights with points, and "swap" it out for a weekend cert once I have it? (To clarify, my ideal scenario is booking 3 certs + 1 night with points).
Have you considered St. James Trafalgar? From all my readings, that hotel seems to be the most convenient for sightseeing. Their standard rooms are 70/night.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Which Hilton at London Heathrow

Later this year, I have a trip whereby I'll fly into LHR in the evening and then out the following afternoon. Both flights are on British Airways and both will be Terminal 5.
However, I was looking at the Hilton T5 and since it's not directly connected to the terminal, I'm not sure if it's the most convenient.
I also plan to use the morning to take a trip out to visit Windsor Castle. So, my agenda looks like:
Evening: arrive T5 and go to hotel
Morning: visit Windsor Castle
Afternoon: return to hotel, pick up bags and go to T5

It's been a few years, but I didn't have a really great experience using the Hoppa bus in the past.
Would be better served using a different Hilton than the one at T5?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The HGI at Hatton Cross tube station is generally considered to be the most convenient option (unless you arrive / depart T4)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I needed to make this call for travel next week and am staying at the T4 Hilton, which can be accessed on foot from T5 (train to T2/3 then change to train to T4, walk through the habitrail to Hilton.) It will probably take 30-40 minutes though, so i am considering taking an Uber, (which you could do for transfer to Hilton T5 as well.) I am staying for 3-4 nights (business in the area), and the main reason i picked the T4 Hilton is the variety of cuisine available on property. For a one night stay that is not as much of a consideration. Both hotels have good leisure centers, with the nod going to T5.

How are you going to get to Windsor? If by train you can do it on foot from the T4 property, T5 you will need an Uber or the (agree hated) Hoppa.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Jan 16, 2019 at 1:07 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Same question here...

I will be arriving mid-afternoon with Virgin into T3 so booked 1 night at the T4 Hilton. Next morning I will be going out of T5 with BA....

Following week I will be arriving into T5 with BA so booked the Hilton T5.....

Anyone know how much an Uber will cost to get from T5 to the Hilton T5?

Same the new T2 Garden Inn is not open yet....
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like I'm not the only one doing the dance at LHR.
Here's the link from the T5 Hilton's website that shows taxi fares - presumably Uber would be similar: https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/un...ons/index.html
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Looks like I'm not the only one doing the dance at LHR.
Here's the link from the T5 Hilton's website that shows taxi fares - presumably Uber would be similar: https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/un...ons/index.html
I've found uber to be more expensive than the fixed rate car booked through the concierge (usually Windsor cars).
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Later this year, I have a trip whereby I'll fly into LHR in the evening and then out the following afternoon. Both flights are on British Airways and both will be Terminal 5.
However, I was looking at the Hilton T5 and since it's not directly connected to the terminal, I'm not sure if it's the most convenient.
I also plan to use the morning to take a trip out to visit Windsor Castle. So, my agenda looks like:

It's been a few years, but I didn't have a really great experience using the Hoppa bus in the past.
Can't comment on public transportation around the airport but I will say that Windsor is a short drive (15mins ) from Hilton T5 ( which I think is a great choice ) .
Windsor castle is very nice but the area along the river and over the bridge to Eton is very pleasant on a summers day and very very English.
If you do stay at T5 remember to pack swimwear, the spa is one of the best in the uk with some great herb saunas and vapour steam rooms , also a salt grotto which is very rare in the uk.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:08 pm

The Hilton Garden Inn next to the Hatton Cross tube station is great. A guaranteed 8 minute ride to T5 at a 5x/hour frequency. If the Tube goes south for some reason there are multiple busses (TfL and Hotel Hoppa) that will get you there too.

You can take a cab/Uber from the hotel (30m) or the 10A bus from the T5 bus station (50m) to Windsor.

If you don't arrive too late, I recommend taking a walk over to the Green Man pub which is about 10 minutes away from the HGI. Decently cheap, good food and drinks, and if it's later enough this year there's a nice deck out front to chill.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I've stayed at all the local Hilton establishments around LHR. My favorite, even if it isn't the newest, is the T4 Hilton. I really like the executive lounge and it's easy to use the HEX to connect to other terminals. The only downside is the long walk from T4 to the Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.