Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by jenecho
So the crucial question remaining is do they have any fizz-cava/prosecco at the tower bridge? I know they do at the bankside as it goes nicely with the smoked salmon and prawns they usually offer!
Yes ... lots of drinks, including fizz and spirits!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
We're looking at a night in London later next week. We've never stayed in a Hilton property outside of the US.

Our party will be four adults and six kids. We know we'll need two rooms, but even then, options are limited since many 2-bed rooms are doubles or twins, which isn't sufficient. Suite pricing isn't feasible (500k points/night is laughable anywhere without an over/under-water villa).

Any tips for moving a party of 10 into a metro-London property for a night?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
I would say you need more than two rooms! Rooms that accommodate more than 2-3 people come at a massive premium especially if you are paying with points. You are much better off booking say 4 normal but connecting rooms ( eg two pairs of connecting rooms), which would set you back around 40-60k each. So under 200k for everyone if you are lucky
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by jenecho
I would say you need more than two rooms! Rooms that accommodate more than 2-3 people come at a massive premium especially if you are paying with points. You are much better off booking say 4 normal but connecting rooms ( eg two pairs of connecting rooms), which would set you back around 40-60k each. So under 200k for everyone if you are lucky
That's a good idea. We'd prefer an indoor pool, which limits the searches.

Hilton Metropole has a 2-bedroom (4 double beds) "family suite" for 391k points. I had to laugh.

Canary Wharf allows you to book a "family suite" which is two inter-connected rooms for 180k points.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
We're looking at a night in London later next week. We've never stayed in a Hilton property outside of the US.

Our party will be four adults and six kids. We know we'll need two rooms, but even then, options are limited since many 2-bed rooms are doubles or twins, which isn't sufficient. Suite pricing isn't feasible (500k points/night is laughable anywhere without an over/under-water villa).

Any tips for moving a party of 10 into a metro-London property for a night?
The Metropole has family rooms that might work, probably your best bet for trying to hold to 2 rooms. They have 2 queen beds and a convertible sofa.

If the points are exorbitant check the paid rates as business travel in London next week is dead.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul

If the points are exorbitant check the paid rates as business travel in London next week is dead.
Not quite. Apparently everyone travels to London for the holidays.

Lowest price I'm seeing at Bankside is $314 for a 1K basic room for 1 night. At 70,000 points, that's 0.4 cents per point. Lowest price at Metropole is $327/night. At 60,000 points, that's a hair over half a penny a point. Not bad, but not great.

Lots of rooms available outside of London proper for $60-$90.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond

Lowest price I'm seeing at Bankside is $314 for a 1K basic room for 1 night. At 70,000 points, that's 0.4 cents per point. Lowest price at Metropole is $327/night. At 60,000 points, that's a hair over half a penny a point. Not bad, but not great.

Yep, that's true...... I've stayed at Hilton Canary Wharf between Xmas and new year for the last 6 years and it's normally very cheap , this year I'm seeing. Ł175 plus !
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I will be in London next month with meetings by Heathrow during the week and a weekend layover when i want to be in the center. I am annoyed with myself for not being able to make a decision about where to stay, as I am pretty familiar with all of the options. (Unusually none of the options are priced out.) But I am fatigued with the Park Lane (crowded lounge, although might not be so crowded this particular time give 230 GBP available rate), and the Conrad is in a really quiet neighborhood for the weekend. So i am thinking about the Paddington for the weekdays (easier journey to the office), and either the Waldorf or Bankside for the weekend. Although I have stayed in the Paddington before it was prior to the GWR rooms being available, and I'd like to check that out. And I have not yet experienced the Bankside, but i am concerned that it too is in a quiet area on the weekend. It's been 5-6 years since i was at the Waldorf, obviously the location is good, but smallish lounge.

Just musing, decisions decisions.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I will be in London next month with meetings by Heathrow during the week and a weekend layover when i want to be in the center. I am annoyed with myself for not being able to make a decision about where to stay, as I am pretty familiar with all of the options. (Unusually none of the options are priced out.) But I am fatigued with the Park Lane (crowded lounge, although might not be so crowded this particular time give 230 GBP available rate), and the Conrad is in a really quiet neighborhood for the weekend. So i am thinking about the Paddington for the weekdays (easier journey to the office), and either the Waldorf or Bankside for the weekend. Although I have stayed in the Paddington before it was prior to the GWR rooms being available, and I'd like to check that out. And I have not yet experienced the Bankside, but i am concerned that it too is in a quiet area on the weekend. It's been 5-6 years since i was at the Waldorf, obviously the location is good, but smallish lounge.

Just musing, decisions decisions.
Bankside is out of it sadly, but the tube station is no more than a 2 minute walk away - well worth it for the price savings, modern rooms, great service and fantastic lounge IMO. Granola at breakfast is also very nice.

PL is always packed but that is a very low price - maybe worth the risk as it seems to be empty? Waldorf is too small and tired for me. Another option is the Trafalgar, also in a nice area
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LennartH
I am planning a weekend stay in February and two exceptions from my usual pattern force me to ask you about what to choose.

First, I am flying into and out of LHR this time. So my usual choice (Hilton Canary Wharf) is not as convenient as normally when I use LCY.

Second, I am no longer Diamond, but a lowly Gold member now.

These are the possible options:

- DT Tower of London: 92 GBP
- Hilton Tower Bridge: 127 GBP
I stay in London once a month at one of these two.

DT Tower of London: has a great location, nice roof top bar with great views of the city. Rooms are small, typical European, and the club is small but works.

Hilton Tower Bridge: has normal sized room ( Typical American sized) a decent club it is featured in one of the In room Hilton commercials. It is not as quaint/historical an area as the DT the restaurants are newer and more modern. Things are still close 5 - 10 minute walk versus DT is across the street.

If you are worried about location do the DT followed by Hilton. Comfort go with the Hilton or take the tube/uber and do the Conrad.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
Paddington?

New question- I have redemption bookings at the tower bridge (42k) and bankside(51k) and am playing a wait and see game before I have to decide and cancel one.

So today two others have dropped in points- Hilton Paddington (34k) and DT Islington (33k). Are either of those worth a look for the relative cheapness?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:22 pm

That's a good idea. We'd prefer an indoor pool, which limits the searches.

Hilton Metropole has a 2-bedroom (4 double beds) "family suite" for 391k points. I had to laugh.
I noticed when looking to book a room in London during the summer that once you increase the # of beds needed to more than 1 (or occupants to more than 2) prices and points needed skyrocket. I've just got back from a 3 night stay at the Hilton Metropole where the rate shook down to something like 140$ per night as a solo traveler.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott
I noticed when looking to book a room in London during the summer that once you increase the # of beds needed to more than 1 (or occupants to more than 2) prices and points needed skyrocket. I've just got back from a 3 night stay at the Hilton Metropole where the rate shook down to something like 140$ per night as a solo traveler.
Yeah, that's the problem we're running into.

We understand we'll need multiple rooms, but finding rooms with more than one bed is difficult. The vast, vast majority of rooms with 2 beds (that are larger than twins) are considered "premium" and the lowest points-per-night amount I've seen is above 150k which is ludicrous.

The standard, single (twin) bed guest room at Hilton Hyde Park is 52,000 points per night. A single (double) bed is 55,000 points per night. A single queen room isn't even bookable with points, and a single king room is 92,000 points.

At Park Lane, a single queen room starts at 80,000 points or $629, a pretty good value at $0.007 per point. Single king rooms with lounge access (I'm a Diamond member and get it anyways) are 285,000 points or $684. A room with two twin beds is 313,000 points or $730 (a horrible value at $0.0023 per point).
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott
Can you really book a room as a solo traveler or room for 2 adults and then 2-3ppl show up? We will have a party of 5 planning to book 2 rooms for our stay but you are right everytime i search room for 3 adults the price jumps tremendously. It’s rediculous since in the State a room can fit 4 ppl. Another question, as a diamond in term i saw only one more guest can have diamond benefits with me. Is it true? What about the rest of the party? Thank u.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC

I am at the Double tree Towers bridge this week and it was around 300 the cheapest I have ever seen it. I stay here about once a month and it is normally closer to 500 US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.