Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
To add to wizla's advice, It may not be as comprehensive as Canary Wharf, but the range of drinks in the lounge at Hilton Tower Bridge is better than average - including spirits and I think a cava too (sorry, I don't pay attention to the detail of this as a non-drinker) ... You could call them if you want specific details...

TB has a really good lounge overall, with great views and quality food in the evenings until 9pm...not far from CW either so might suit you in terms of location too ... and it looks like reasonable value at Ł190/night for your dates.

Enjoy your trip!
That's very good point, when I stay at Hilton tower bridge it very much reminds me of CW as the buildings are very much the same feel, didn't know happy hour was until 9pm.....bonus!.....assuming it starts at 6pm?.....I have a booking at Bankside 8th Nov. We are off to the comedy store for a 10-30 show....this lounge may be better with the later time.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:13 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MP001
No, DoubleTree is fairly basic.
If the lounge is what you want both Hilton T4 and T5 have it. I'd go for T4 as you can get the free Heathrow express train transfer to go there. Unless you have luggages, in that case you may prefer a taxi.
Oh, I would stay in the T4 Hilton over the Doubletree any day. The DT is very basic. And I would consider Heathrow Express / Connect or Tube over Taxi / Bus any day. Taxi is likely to be expensive and the Heathrow Express / Connect shouldn't be that hard.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:11 am

Got a Ł155-rate for a room at Canary Wharf next weekend. Flying out from LCY. Great deal? And also wounder how the lounge food is? Thanks

Last edited by criced; Sep 30, 2018 at 5:25 am
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by criced
Got a Ł155-rate for a room at Canary Wharf next weekend. Flying out from LCY. Great deal? And also wounder how the lounge food is? Thanks
Ł155 is a reasonable rate, I wouldn't say a bargain for at weekends but still good , to be honest the lounge food is probably the best lounge food in London, they usually have a great selection of food during happy hour , however this leads to another problem........ it becomes popular with families and folk who pig out on the " free meal " and in turn makes the lounge unpleasant and somewhat rowdy.
To be fair it's not always like this at weekends but definitely happens sometimes......... my last 5 weekend stays have been rowdy on 3 occasions.
It's a shame as this was once a great lounge, I only stay during the week nowadays as I got fed up with it.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
advice on a one night at LGW?

Hhonors Gold here.
I arrive LGW on this coming Thursday about 14:00, depart the next morning at 08:25.

Just one night in London, but will be going into town for dinner/drinks with friends in the evening.
I've got a booking for GBP104 at Hilton LGW.
I like that it's in the terminal and I'd have time for breakfast before going to the flight. I won't have LGW lounge access.
Other options:
Hilton Croydon GBP58
Hilton Olympia (Kensington) GBP106.
Am I right to just stay at the Hilton Gatwick and take train to visit friends in the city and come back late evening on the train?
Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by kyushuman; Oct 13, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:09 pm

I would stick with Hilton LGW - it would be easier to be already at LGW and be getting up just a little later.

Neither Kensington nor Croydon make sense from the LGW morning flight perspective. The only one from the Hilton chain I would consider is the DT Victoria for convenience (just a short walk for the Gatwick trains).
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:47 pm

Looking for a rec in London for December (HH Gold.) Had booked IC O2 (Spire AMB) to take advantage of a free night, but really no point in staying that far out.

Will be hitting Hyde Park, Selfridges, Harrods, the Tower, Wembley Park, and some other central locations over a 4 night stay.

Was thinking Tower Bridge (no-change tune access to Kings Cross, and no more than 1 change anywhere else), or maybe Bankside (one change access to most places). Also considered others around Hyde Park.

Just having a wallop of a time making my mind up since I decided to switch.

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
I would stick with Hilton LGW - it would be easier to be already at LGW and be getting up just a little later.

Neither Kensington nor Croydon make sense from the LGW morning flight perspective. The only one from the Hilton chain I would consider is the DT Victoria for convenience (just a short walk for the Gatwick trains).
The Hampton in Croydon is right at East Croydon station and can be attractively priced as well. 15 minutes into Victoria / London Bridge and 15 minutes to LGW.

Otherwise I would just stay at LGW as well.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Ł155 is a reasonable rate, I wouldn't say a bargain for at weekends but still good , to be honest the lounge food is probably the best lounge food in London, they usually have a great selection of food during happy hour , however this leads to another problem........ it becomes popular with families and folk who pig out on the " free meal " and in turn makes the lounge unpleasant and somewhat rowdy.
To be fair it's not always like this at weekends but definitely happens sometimes......... my last 5 weekend stays have been rowdy on 3 occasions.
It's a shame as this was once a great lounge, I only stay during the week nowadays as I got fed up with it.
I liked the Hilton Canary Wharf. Easy to access from the city (15 min by Subway) and nice area to have a sunday morning walk in before I went to LCY. Worst thing was the busy breakfast in the restaurant. Was less noicy in the lounge
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The Hampton in Croydon is right at East Croydon station and can be attractively priced as well. 15 minutes into Victoria / London Bridge and 15 minutes to LGW.

Otherwise I would just stay at LGW as well.
Thanks for the replies. Hampton Croydon is GBP87-- so only GBP17 less than the rate I got at the Hilton Gatwick inside the airport.
Wish the Hilton Croydon was more convenient to the airport, since it's only GBP58 as of now for this Thursday!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: KL, BD, BA, CO
Avoid the London Metropole unless that early morning escape to LHR is a must. …. one night on a very hard mattress and emergency vehicles running around all hours on Edgeware Road. I was awoken multiple times and longest continuous sleep was no more than an hour. cranky morning as a result!!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Best London Hilton Hotels with diamond perks

I would like to return to London on Diamond points and was wondering if there were any recent travelers that would recommend one Hilton over another. I love a good view. It's nice to have an executive lounge with a view. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mphall
I would like to return to London on Diamond points and was wondering if there were any recent travelers that would recommend one Hilton over another. I love a good view. It's nice to have an executive lounge with a view. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Off the top of my head I'm thinking Hilton tower bridge, great executive lounge with outside terrace overlooking London, also Hilton Wembley has the same although I hear they have building work going on at the at the moment and the view is restricted.
Hilton Canary Wharf is an old favourite of mine too, if you get a window seat in the executive lounge you can see some of London and the river Thames from there too, however be aware this lounge can get rowdy at weekends .
Whilst there is arguably some better Hilton's these ones win when it comes to views hands down.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I'll add the Park Lane and Conrad to the list- both have good lounges and sometimes upgrade Diamonds.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The lounge at Wembley has an ever-reducing view of Wembley Stadium as a high rise building is being built in between the hotel and stadium.

Look at the concrete pillar on the left for a guide to how high this will go (and may be by now, this was in May)

At least the spirits had moved to self serve last time I was there, rather than requiring you to be 'in the know' and ask the lounge staff for a G&T.

While there is no view, London Bankside is a fabulous hotel with a great lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.