Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by MP001
Unless you have a specific preference for one of the two locations, I would go for Hilton Kensington.
Slightly better lounge, and some rooms at the Olympia are very dated.
if the rooms are dated at the olympia i'm not sure how to describe kensington - horrid? atrocious? honestly i find it hard to accept this is a hilton branded hotel. some ok service recovery by duty manager but operator was terrible (specifically rude and lying)

[QUOTE=wizla;29898913]
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
tossing up between olympia and kensington for 2 nights (tomorrow/ monday). am a gold.

any particular preferences/ things to avoid? price is the same and better than everything else so will most likely end up at one of them.

cheers[/

Tricky one, I prefer Olympia myself as the lounge albeit smallish has great offerings, I also like the feel of the place but you need a high floor at the side of hotel as it dies suffer from road noise........the breakfast was good to and can be taken in the restaurant, Kensington insists diamonds take breakfast in the lounge.
Kensington on the other hand is bigger but some of the rooms are very small unless upgraded, Kensington has a great gym and sauna too, Olympia just has a gym, Kensington also has a great shopping centre opposite.
If it was me and they were the same price I would choose Olympia for the great lounge , Kensington lounge is larger and good but often gets crowded.
how does room size of olympia compare to kensington? on reflection, the olympia rooms look larger than kensington? apparently every bedroom in kensington is the same size, but olympia looks like it does get larger as you go up room type?

i know this is whinging, but we had a great family room at hilton tower bridge last week and the price being asked here at kensington for a suite to ensure room for a cot is the same price as staying @ TB in a standard room that fits a cot.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:39 pm

Best options for the family of 3

Hi there,

What are the best options of the family of 3 (two adults and one teenage) on Hilton points? Most desirable locations want insane amount of points for 2 adults and one child. What are your suggestions or experience? Thanks

I am a HH diamond member.

P.S. flying into LHR, out by Eurostar.

Last edited by liw5215; Jun 24, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Our family of 3 (2 adults and one teenager) stayed 5 nights at the Conrad. As a diamond the hotel upgraded us from a standard King to a King Junior Suite. There was no charge for the roll-away bed. Breakfast was excellent in the restaurant, Diamonds can also have free breakfast in the room or executive lounge. We liked the proximity to St James Park and other tourist attractions in very close walking distance.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:08 pm

In terms of proximity to good restaurants and cocktail bars (that are nice, but not prohibitively expensive), would it be better to stay at the Waldorf (Aldwych), or the Conrad (St James)?

I've been to London before and have seen most of the tourist attractions, so this time I'm looking for fun and livability.

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
In terms of proximity to good restaurants and cocktail bars (that are nice, but not prohibitively expensive), would it be better to stay at the Waldorf (Aldwych), or the Conrad (St James)?

I've been to London before and have seen most of the tourist attractions, so this time I'm looking for fun and livability.

Thanks!
I'd go with the Waldorf for the criteria that are important to you. The Conrad is a better hotel, but is in a quieter neighborhood.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
London-area Properties with Indoor Pool

This is kind of a specific request, but can anyone recommend a property in London (close to East Barnet, Southgate, etc.) with an indoor pool?

If nothing fits that description, anything near a convenient Tube station would be appreciated.

We're looking to visit for Christmas of this year.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:19 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by aww3583
This is kind of a specific request, but can anyone recommend a property in London (close to East Barnet, Southgate, etc.) with an indoor pool?

If nothing fits that description, anything near a convenient Tube station would be appreciated.

Thanks!
There's not many with pools. The only ones I know are ones where we've stayed. These are Hilton Wembley, Hilton Bankside, Hilton Syon Park and Hilton Heathrow T4. There may well be more and if so, I'm sure others will give details. Don't think any are really near your areas but Wembley (10min walk) and Heathrow T4 (5min walk) are near tube stations.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond

Thanks!
Hilton London metropole has an indoor pool also the Waldorf.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

Thanks!
Just do a search for London for your desired dates. Once those results come back you can filter those results for "Indoor Pool" by checking that box and then clicking Apply Filters. 12 properties are returned using this search.

If searching for Southgate, after obtaining your results (Hilton says the Islington properties are closest - but they don't have pools) when you select "Indoor Pool" as a filter and apply that filter it appears that the Metropole, Wembley, the Waldorf, and Bankside all have pools and are all within 8 miles.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Hilton LHR T5 has a very impressive and newly built leisure centre. A bit undesirable geographically though.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Make the effort to get over to Syon Park, really very very nice indeed (was built as a Waldorf Astoria remember).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Hilton LHR T4 has a nice pool.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Question Executive lounge london with full bar like Canary Wharf?

Hello I am visiting London again and I normally stay at the Hilton Canary Wharf. I like their lounge and full bar with rum and Baileys after my workday.
Canary Wharf is very expensive from 21-23 October. Any tips for a Hilton with the same nice executive lounge and full bar?
Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Hello I am visiting London again and I normally stay at the Hilton Canary Wharf. I like their lounge and full bar with rum and Baileys after my workday.
Canary Wharf is very expensive from 21-23 October. Any tips for a Hilton with the same nice executive lounge and full bar?
Thanks
I don't really drink spirits except the odd baileys and I think CW definitely comes top for the spirit selection........ the Waldorf and Bankside have a good selection too but I doubt they will be as cheap as staying at CW.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Thanks
Originally Posted by wizla
I don't really drink spirits except the odd baileys and I think CW definitely comes top for the spirit selection........ the Waldorf and Bankside have a good selection too but I doubt they will be as cheap as staying at CW.
To add to wizla's advice, It may not be as comprehensive as Canary Wharf, but the range of drinks in the lounge at Hilton Tower Bridge is better than average - including spirits and I think a cava too (sorry, I don't pay attention to the detail of this as a non-drinker) ... You could call them if you want specific details...

TB has a really good lounge overall, with great views and quality food in the evenings until 9pm...not far from CW either so might suit you in terms of location too ... and it looks like reasonable value at Ł190/night for your dates.

Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.