Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Is it a week where something big is on? Otherwise i would say that does not sound right.
June 23-25, 2023. Haven't looked. Pre-cruise (from Southampton) visit, so dates inflexible, but location is somewhat, although looking for convenient access and a pleasant stay.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Something is definitely amiss with the HH website. Try again in a day or two.
fed planner likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:57 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fed planner
How far in advance do most of the Hiltons in London have availability - starting to look for a stay next June, and most are showing as "sold out". Just curious if 11 months out would be a better target to look.
I thought you could only book 330 days in advance. Also, are you sure you aren't running into Wimbledon?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:49 pm

Wimbledon starts 3 Jul - so not that.

and some locations are available. I thought is 330 at least for awards. I’ll just keep checking.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Look at London in Expedia (or another brood travel tool) for those dates. London is not sold out the way the HH site suggests it is.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:06 pm

So it looks like availability is starting to open up - still a few "sold out" though. But, I guess a different question should be - what's our best choice? We'll be in London 2 nights prior to a cruise out of Southampton. We'll be fling into LHR, and taking the train from I believe Waterloo. We'd like to be somewhere where either arrival or departure is somewhat easy, as is getting around the city during our stay. I've narrowed a list to:

Trafalgar
Conrad
Metropole
Bankside
Canopy

Would prefer a newer, more modern décor, separate shower, but otherwise focused on a good location. We've been to London before several times, but traveling with a couple who've never been.

Appreciate any recommendations, and open to other options, too.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Trafalgar
Conrad
Metropole
Bankside
Canopy

Would prefer a newer, more modern décor, separate shower, but otherwise focused on a good location. We've been to London before several times, but traveling with a couple who've never been.
They are all suitable on this criteria but adding some pointers:
Newer / modern: Canopy. Metropole recently given an upscale refurbishment
Separate shower: They all have rooms whch are shower only, notably Canopy (almost all I think). If you want a separate bath and shower you're looking at Trafalgar, Conrad and Bankside (not all rooms though for these hotels), and there are some in Metropole.
Location: Metropole for arrival, Conrad and Trafalgar during the stay, Bankside for departure. It's walkable to Waterloo but I guess you will have luggage.

So they are all good options for you here. There are many other properties in central London, but using the above criteria Lost Property, which opens today. Obviously I've not stayed there but it will score on being a modern property and location.
fed planner, frmnj and wizla like this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 10, 2022 at 3:55 am
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Separate shower: They all have rooms whch are shower only, notably Canopy (almost all I think). If you want a separate bath and shower you're looking at Trafalgar, Conrad and Bankside (not all rooms though for these hotels), and there are some in Metropole.
Location: Metropole for arrival, Conrad and Trafalgar during the stay, Bankside for departure. It's walkable to Waterloo but I guess you will have luggage.

So they are all good options for you here. There are many other properties in central London, but using the above criteria Lost Property, which opens today. Obviously I've not stayed there but it will score on being a modern property and location.
Thank you! This info is very appreciated. Oddly, all Curios (except the Gantry) are still showing as sold out for those dates next June.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thank you! This info is very appreciated. Oddly, all Curios (except the Gantry) are still showing as sold out for those dates next June.
That's just a feature of when hotels commit inventory. You can assume the hotels will release inventory in the next few months.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Looking for a recommendation. Family of 5 (3 kids, 14,12,10) going to be spending 4 days in London at the end of August (before moving off to Paris)

London is quite busy that week. There are no good point redemption and I am just trying to keep it under $1500 CDN for the 3 nights. Right now, best I have found was Metropole at 850 pounds for their family room. I also have grabbed 2 rooms at the Novotel in Waterloo as an alternative (for the same price)

We are going to Tube it wherever we go, just looking for some good options for us.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Looking for a recommendation. Family of 5 (3 kids, 14,12,10) going to be spending 4 days in London at the end of August (before moving off to Paris)

London is quite busy that week. There are no good point redemption and I am just trying to keep it under $1500 CDN for the 3 nights. Right now, best I have found was Metropole at 850 pounds for their family room. I also have grabbed 2 rooms at the Novotel in Waterloo as an alternative (for the same price)

We are going to Tube it wherever we go, just looking for some good options for us.
The other option(s) would be to go slightly out of central town. So perhaps Hilton Islington Green. I say that since I know the Novotel at Waterloo, and that's not well served by public transport, it's at the back of Lambeth Palace (home to the Archbishop of Canterbury) and Hilton Islington would be as well connected, particularly if you are taking the Eurostar to Paris. The Novotel is fine, though not particularly special, it better for single business travellers. The Metropole is very well connected though, on 3 tube lines and a set of bus routes which are also great for kids to see London from the upper deck. And the Metropole has a bit of a wow factor after their recent face lift. So if the price is the same then the Metropole is the better option. They are also one of the few hotels which cater for larger families.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:17 pm

So decided on Bankside, and got a reasonable points redemption too. Looking forward to the visit.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:58 pm

trying to decide between Hilton Park Lane vs Hilton Bankside for mid September.
Park Lane seems to be better in terms of location / access to public transit, but building seems a bit old
Bankside looks newer but public transport accessibility isnt the best.
Wondering if lounge/breakfast are offered somewhat similarly in both properties?
pool doesn't matter much to me
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:29 pm

Yes Bankside is the newer building and does a better breakfast than Park Lane, rooms are generally bigger too. Breakfast at Park Lane is nevertheless very good, big buffet and multiple hot item choices, and as you say location is its massive selling point. So that's the core trade off really, is being central or not. Usually PL is more expensive than Bankside to take account of that. I guess the two other properties to consider would be Conrad or Trafalgar which are also more modern properties and are central.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:44 pm

Yes Bankside is the newer building and does a better breakfast than Park Lane, rooms are generally bigger too. Breakfast at Park Lane is nevertheless very good, big buffet and multiple hot item choices, and as you say location is its massive selling point. So that's the core trade off really, is being central or not. Usually PL is more expensive than Bankside to take account of that. I guess the two other properties to consider would be Conrad or Trafalgar which are also more modern properties and are central.
Thanks for your quick response.
Conrad and Trafalgar no standard room available for my dates (I'm using free night award)
one other property in mind would be Hilton tower bridge I guess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.