Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}

Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, we have a 5-night points stay booked at the Lost Property St Pauls in early June, which is also supposed to be the hotel's opening date. I have noticed that the hotel has removed all of its inventory (both points and cash rates) on those dates, and now shows as "sold out" (earliest rooms available are in late June).

As this is a new property, I am guessing the hotel opening has been delayed. Even if we have not received any cancellation messages so far, should we contact the hotel to check on the booking? (If there is anyone taking care of reservations). Any chance the hotel would proactively rebook us into another hotel within the same area? Thanks
I would call up the property direct, it's quite common for new hotels to be a few weeks late and you maximise your options if you know now rather than later.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:08 am

Thanks c-w-s. The Lost Property's website now says "accepting reservations for July 18, 2022 and beyond". (My June booking still shows as valid, not sure if it will be cancelled at some point).

I haven't been able to reach the property on the phone. I did try sending an email to [email protected] but it bounced back. Would Hilton Honors be willing to rebook us into another property nearby or simply refund the points? Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:35 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Thanks c-w-s. The Lost Property's website now says "accepting reservations for July 18, 2022 and beyond". (My June booking still shows as valid, not sure if it will be cancelled at some point).

I haven't been able to reach the property on the phone. I did try sending an email to [email protected] but it bounced back. Would Hilton Honors be willing to rebook us into another property nearby or simply refund the points? Thanks.
If you want a refund can you not just cancel it yourself? Unlikely to be rebooked, in theory you have a contract with the hotel that they are breaking, but it would be difficult to enforce.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:26 am

Yes, I know I can cancel the booking without penalty but that's what I wanted to ask about any other options. Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:13 am

Canopy by Hilton London City

Hi, has anyone stayed at the Canopy (Tower Hill / Aldgate) recently? Rooms look on the small side, even the premium ones. Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
What is best Diamond benefits property in London?

Im looking for a property close to Park Lane. I know theres the Hilton Park Lane and read its nice but old. Ive stayed at Conrad in 2019 and the Waldorf years ago. Both upgraded to executive room.

Which properties nowadays are newest, give best upgrades to Diamonds and arent too far from Park Lane?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jzafar
Im looking for a property close to Park Lane. I know theres the Hilton Park Lane and read its nice but old. Ive stayed at Conrad in 2019 and the Waldorf years ago. Both upgraded to executive room.

Which properties nowadays are newest, give best upgrades to Diamonds and arent too far from Park Lane?

Hi ,
Other properties close to Park lane are

Doubletree Marble arch
The Biltmore Mayfair LXR

Have not stayed at either sorry.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi ,
Other properties close to Park lane are

Doubletree Marble arch
The Biltmore Mayfair LXR
The Biltmore is a lot newer than the Doubletree, but isn't a standard Hilton by any means. The Doubletree has a good location but it's not otherwise a particularly fine hotel, it's at the other end of the scale really. The refurbished Metropole isn't a huge distance away but it probably meets the newness and potential upgrade requirements.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:06 pm

Hi, has anyone stayed at the Canopy (Tower Hill / Aldgate) recently? Rooms look on the small side, even the premium ones. Thanks
I guess it depends what you are used to, the rooms in the Canopy aren't massive but they aren't the smallest in London or even the Hilton London collection. It wasn't something I noticed when staying there. There are some reviews in the main thread:
Canopy by Hilton London City {GBR}
but it's difficult to get a feel for room size from photos.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I wouldn't stay at the Doubletree Marble Arch instead of the Park Lane, especially if you want to be in Mayfair. 3 star vs 4.5 star.

On an aside when I had a flat in London it was across the way from the DT and i was living there when it was reflagged. Hard to believe it is ~10 years ago.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:53 pm

Quite compact but nothing out of the ordinary, premium rooms are the same as standard just with a better location or a robe thrown in. Junior suites (the highest room they currently sell) are only slightly bigger with a sofa bed/throw - the rest is the same. The Bankside portably has the biggest rooms in the area.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:28 am

I took another look at options for my May trip to London. I was focused more on Park Lane and Conrad. Trafalgar is now showing up at 70,000/night. I remember disregarding in the past because it was always high-priced and there was no lounge. The reviews are considerably better than Park Lane. Can anyone give experience as a Diamond on upgrade and breakfast? From what I'm seeing, you can eat breakfast in the restaurant. I'm thinking this hotel will have a newer vibe than Park Lane.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I just stayed at Trafalgar on points as a Diamond. No upgrade but my stay was five days over a weekend and they seemed full.

Breakfast was in restaurant with a fair buffet spread. I was allowed to order off the a la carte menu at no charge and could order any coffee. There was alcohol available at breakfast as some were drinking bucks fizz. Not sure if this would have been complimentary as a Diamond as I don't often drink at breakfast. I liked the food at breakfast and the location of the restaurant overlooking Trafalgar Square.

My room was a strange shape at end of hotel (St James' end), overlooking Trafalgar Square (just about). It was comfortable but if I was working the desk was slightly small. It only had one, very comfortable, chair to lounge in. As I was alone and not working neither of these issues bothered me. I got free laundry - not sure of this was a mistake.

Only slight criticism was no rainfall shower although the shower was fine. Also not a huge amount of clothes hanging space.

Staff were attentive and friendly and the hotel location is great. I would recommend. Only concern would be the base room may be a bit small for a couple who want to spend a lot of time in room. But in that location, most would be out a lot.

Last edited by cargueiro; Mar 22, 2022 at 12:18 pm
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by cargueiro
I just stayed at Trafalgar on points as a Diamond. No upgrade but my stay was five days over a weekend and they seemed full.

Breakfast was in restaurant with a fair buffet spread. I was allowed to order off the a la carte menu at no charge and could order any coffee. There was alcohol available at breakfast as some were drinking bucks fizz. Not sure if this would have been complimentary as a Diamond as I don't often drink at breakfast. I liked the food at breakfast and the location.

My room was a strange shape at end of hotel (St James' end), overlooking Trafalgar Square (just about). It was comfortable but if I was working the desk was slightly small. It only had one, very comfortable, chair to lounge in. As I was alone and not working neither of these issues bothered me.

Only slight criticism was no rainfall shower although the shower was fine.

Staff were attentive and friendly and the hotel location is great.

Thanks for your reply! I plan to arrive on a Saturday and stay 6 nights on points. I found the room sizes on Expedia. They are very small but seem ok for one person.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Anyone a recent advocate of the Hilton Paddington? Understood that it's an old worn property but location, convenience to LHR, large rooms and nice lounge are factors in its favor. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.