Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sacramento Arden West {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sacramento Arden West {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:24 pm

Thank you, stanj and Hayden. Very helpful!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Just stayed there. Currently Diamond on status match with IHG Platinum and staying at the state government rate. Parking is $9 a night but includes free ins and outs. Received two bottles of water on entry. The 12th floor (executive floor) is currently being renovated and the only thing open there is the executive lounge, although if you use the back staircase/elevator you end up walking through construction as a temporary wall blocks access to the lounge.

As stated previously, this is an older property currently being renovated. Executive lounge has continental breakfast with greater variety than the Holiday Inn Expresses and Staybridges I usually stay at, plus hot oatmeal. (It's better than the same old powdered eggs and cinnamon buns at HIX.) For evening appetizers, there was a rotation of meatballs, fried dumplings, and spring rolls (basically when they ran out of one they pulled out another). Also tortilla chips, cookies, cheese, and cooked vegetables (bell peppers). Attendant managed bar with $5 beers and $8 mixed drinks, although the attendant admitted to another patron she was just filling in and couldn't do anything especially fancy. I stayed a while to watch college basketball so saw the rotation of food. Evening appetizers Monday to Thursday, breakfast Monday to Friday (presumably Diamonds get vouchers other days). The room is extremely large, not that I need them when I am staying alone. When my Diamond expires I will probably go back to IHG but I will take the Diamond benefits while I have them.

Last edited by calwatch; Mar 22, 2016 at 9:53 pm
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
This hotel always upgrades me as a Gold to Exec level on weekends. Vouchers for one free hot buffet in the restaurant downstairs and one free hot appetizer in the bar down stairs, per person, are provided for when the lounge is closed. Parking is usually comped (but not always).

Cleanliness and organization seem to be lacking in their food service operation (which I think may be contracted out to a third party). I do like the room and bed here but the immediate neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired, just a really unsafe and seedy area, though it is a central location.

I'm not sure this one should have the Hilton brand anymore, but the old Red Lion on the other side of the highway has Doubletree so...
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Agree. Hilton brand really needs a nicer level property in Sacto; midtown Curio type property would be awesome. Stayed at the Garden Inn last weekend, fine, but not full service.

Originally Posted by storewanderer
This hotel always upgrades me as a Gold to Exec level on weekends. Vouchers for one free hot buffet in the restaurant downstairs and one free hot appetizer in the bar down stairs, per person, are provided for when the lounge is closed. Parking is usually comped (but not always).

Cleanliness and organization seem to be lacking in their food service operation (which I think may be contracted out to a third party). I do like the room and bed here but the immediate neighborhood leaves a lot to be desired, just a really unsafe and seedy area, though it is a central location.

I'm not sure this one should have the Hilton brand anymore, but the old Red Lion on the other side of the highway has Doubletree so...
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Yes, the Hilton Garden Inns around Sacramento are all just fine. Very much consistent with the brand standard and in good walking distance to various food options (except the South Natomas one which isn't really in great walking distance to much food but the trade off to that is a more quiet location...).

Hilton needs to develop more new namesake, full service properties to keep the overall brand fresh and relevant. The Sacramento market is a prime example of a spot where that needs to happen.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Any recent stays at this property?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by MileKing
Any recent stays at this property?
Completely forgettable property. Much prefer the new Fort Sutter property which is convenient to midtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.