Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Priceline Stays: Hilton Honors Points, Elite Benefits, Upgrades and Incidentals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline Stays: Hilton Honors Points, Elite Benefits, Upgrades and Incidentals?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2001, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

does anyone know whether I will get a towers upgrade with a priceline reservation as a gold hhonors?
Old Jan 30, 2001, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Depends where you are staying, how early you arrive, and how full the hotel is. Upgrades are space available, and even then for Golds, Towers rooms are not always available. Can you even get HHonors credit for a Priceline stay?
Old Jan 30, 2001, 8:05 pm

I am an HHonors Gold VIP. I was given lounge access last weekend on a Hotwire rate. Since I had lounge access, I didn't fuss about a Towers upgrade. Hotel was relatively full, so a room upgrade may not have been possible anyway.

Your mileage may vary.
Old Jan 31, 2001, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Can you even get HHonors credit for a Priceline stay?
Absolutely! Not guaranteed by any means, but I've got Hilton points and UA 500 mile credit or REAL cheapies, like $30.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Jan 31, 2001, 5:04 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Generally, you can upgrade as per normal. Don't expect to receive points and miles all the time! That aspect is rather hit and miss depending on the property.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 1:43 pm

I just got back from a very pleasant weekend at the New Orleans Airport Hilton; $30 a night on Priceline. It wasn't one of their upscale properties, so no lounge. But, I did get breakfast certificates and free bottled water certificates. They put me on the Executive Level.

To my slight dismay, the room was handicapped accessible (giant shower with large padded bench). I called to ask for a different room, and they told me that they had no king rooms on the Executive Level, but if I called back after 3 they would. They sent someone from the front desk up with the keys, and I made the room change without a hitch.

I did call ahead of time to add my gold number to the reservation. No one on the reservation line or at the hotel mentioned that I was staying at a Priceline rate.

Old Feb 8, 2001, 11:11 am

So how do you specify Hilton on priceline.com? I would like to try this but there are many other hotel chains in the area I would like to select (Detroit-Airport) Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2001, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
You don't. Luck of the draw as it were. However, some places, namely SEA, almost guarantee the Doubletree.

Successful bids for DTW (Romulus) seems to get the Marriott. See:
http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...iddingmichigan

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 25, 2001, 8:30 pm

Are points awarded for priceline stays

I was wondering if points are awarded for stays booked through priceline. Also can priceline stays count as one of the 4 for the conquest bonus. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 26, 2001, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I don't think you get any claim on points, but at our last stay (Doubletree) we ate breakfast in the hotel, charged it to the room, and received points and miles, as well as counting as a "stay."

I don't know what would happen if you had no additional charges at all.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 4:05 pm

Originally posted by kellycambp:
...I did call ahead of time to add my gold number to the reservation.
I booked a room at the SF Hilton through Priceline, called the hotel directly to give them my HH number, and the nice young man at the reservation desk said that the system did not allow him to edit the reservation because it was made by Priceline. He did say that I could show my gold card on arrival, and they'd upgrade me if available.

But has anyone else been able to get their HH number inserted into the reservation in advance of their arrival?

Old Feb 27, 2001, 4:47 pm

I have now stayed at Hiltons with Priceline 3 times. I have never had a problem calling the hotel to put my gold number in the reservation. I didn't mention anything about Priceline and neither did they. You may try calling the central reservation line if you don't have luck with the hotel. Just give the confirmation number that Priceline gave you.
Old Mar 23, 2001, 2:09 pm

Thanks terenz I just saw your reply. Can't see the site from the office (they block it) but will try from home. Marriott is ok with me too.

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 03-23-2001).]
Old Apr 25, 2001, 10:21 pm

Bad arse rate via Priceline.com

Using Priceline, I just booked a couple of stays at the Boston Logan Airport Hilton for $70 each (plus Priceline fee/tax for a total of ~$85). I am quite pleased. I got the rate by checking two star in one case and one star in the other. This is rated three star on Priceline. The two requests were about a day apart. I would post this on the "Informed Priceline Bidder" website but when I tried to get on today I couldn't for some reason.
Old Apr 26, 2001, 3:37 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
Can you please give the link to the "Informed Priceline Bidder" website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.