Hilton Munich City {DEU}

Old Aug 26, 2004, 8:23 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by transpac
I really like the City, maybe just a little bit better than the Park?
agreed.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:15 pm

Programs: If I dont have it, I dont need it!
How is the City Hilton Munich?

How is the City Hilton Munich like?? Do I get an upgrade as an HH Gold member?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
lots of threads on this

Originally Posted by silversurfer

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...+Hilton+Munich

Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by silversurfer

Munich City Hilton is great. I am there now. I have spent around 40 nights here this year...and the staff all greet me personally. I'm sure you wouldn't get that in many US Hiltons - and don't get me started on the UK (non-London) ones.

Just make sure you aren't on the 4th floor, which is not renovated. All other rooms are EXACTLY the same - regular, delux and executive. Delux gives you better toileteries, and a guarantee of no 4th floor - executive gives you a rubber duck(!). All other furnishings are exactly the same. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th floor are very recently renovated, and are really comfortable with excellent desks, beds etc.

You will only get access to the (superb) lounge if you are on the exec floor, either upgraded or paid. This is new from one month ago, and the lounge is much less crowded. Golds and Diamonds do not get automatic access.

As a Gold, they MAY upgrade you one level (regular to delux, delux to executuve) - but often not, as Diamonds get priority in upgrades. Since becoming a diamond I have always been upgraded, and received execellent treatment, even on 99 Euro rates.

As a gold you will get water and fruit, and coupons for a full, hot breakfast (worth around 27 Euro/person!). Brekkie is excellent, both in lounge and restaurant.

Main gripe is HSI (internet). This is via Swisscom. You used to be able to use it for 30 minutes, 2 hours etc. The only option now is 24 hours for 27 Euro. This will change on 1st December, and then the only options will be 1 week for 108 Euro, or from 11 am to 2pm the next day for 27 Euro. This means that access for one day from 9am to 4pm will be a staggering 54 Euro.

Any other questions, let me know!

Regards
Old Oct 31, 2005, 2:03 pm

Can you get the email address for the GM

I will be there this December during Christmas and would like to get some information about what they will be offering at the hotel. Can you please get an email address or a way I can contact the staff to get more information?

I'm a Diamond member staying on a award and would like to see what I can expect.

Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by NCRBILL
I will be there this December during Christmas and would like to get some information about what they will be offering at the hotel. Can you please get an email address or a way I can contact the staff to get more information?

I'm a Diamond member staying on a award and would like to see what I can expect.

Thanks for the help.
There is a full program of events planned - I have the brochure they produced in my hand! Various Advent brunches, Christmas meals etc. They suggest to order the Advent brunches 2 days in advance, on + 49 89 4804 2303, and Chrismas/New Year meals on + 49 89 4804 1204

The only email address here is [email protected]

You'll love Christmas in Munich - I do and I'm an Orthodox Jew! Don't miss the various Christmas markets, Tollwood festival and the other celebrations. And take your winter woollies - it should (with luck) be snowy by then.

Regards
Old Dec 19, 2005, 11:38 am

Can anyone tell me if the rooms have hairdryers or if they are available? My wife doesn't want to bring her's if she doesn't have to.

Thanks for the help.

Bill
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Can anyone tell me if the rooms have hairdryers or if they are available? My wife doesn't want to bring her's if she doesn't have to.

Thanks for the help.

Bill
Never hurts to check their website!

Hilton Munich City - Guest Accommodations and click on Guest Room Amenities and you will see listed "Hairdryer".
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

Thanks for the help.

Bill

Never hurts to give a quick answer: I am currently in Munich City Hilton, had a look into my bathroom and there it was: The normal Hilton hairdryer. Have a great stay there!

T.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UAL 1K 2MM, AA Million Mile Gold
Hilton MUC (City)... lousy beds?

Maybe it's me, but I've stayed at the Hilton MUC for the third time last week with my wife and we were on the executive floor (5) and the beds seemed really uncomfortable... almost to the point of asking to change rooms... maybe it was just bad luck (but the same thing happened the previous two times). Did anyone else ahve that experience?

On the plus side the staff was really nice, the exec lounge was wonderful and the location is right on top of the subway entrace so it was fine on that account, but man were our backs sore for the long flight back.

Anyway, maybe I'm spoiled by Starwoods heveanly sleeper bed, but I just wonder if anyone else had the same experience.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by logisnews
Maybe it's me, but I've stayed at the Hilton MUC for the third time last week with my wife and we were on the executive floor (5) and the beds seemed really uncomfortable... almost to the point of asking to change rooms... maybe it was just bad luck (but the same thing happened the previous two times). Did anyone else ahve that experience?

On the plus side the staff was really nice, the exec lounge was wonderful and the location is right on top of the subway entrace so it was fine on that account, but man were our backs sore for the long flight back.

Anyway, maybe I'm spoiled by Starwoods heveanly sleeper bed, but I just wonder if anyone else had the same experience.

Its not unlike many European beds, but actually MORE comfortable. I really like the beds in that hotel.....but I guess Im not hooked on the American "princess and the pea" arrangements, either.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Hilton Munich City

Last weekend I made a side trip from PRG to MUC and stayed at the wonderful Munich City hotel.

It is directly accesible by S-Bahn (route 8) from the MUC airport. The hotel is in excellent location, renovated and they have two executive floors. As HH Gold, I was upgraded to the executive floor with access to the lounge. All staff is very professional, speak excellent English and always there to be of assistance. To put it simply, everything works at 100% and some.

Thanks! ^
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: EY Gold Elite; EK Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold
Hilton Munich City

I have to agree with you; a very good hotel with top drawer service. ^

The hot buffet and beer selection in the lounge is worth the journey alone.

RR
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Agreed. Will be there during the first weekend of Oktoberfest (September 16 to 18) for cheap 40.000 points (booked before the price increase). Anybody else in town??
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Agreed. Will be there during the first weekend of Oktoberfest (September 16 to 18) for cheap 40.000 points (booked before the price increase). Anybody else in town??
That's my birthday weekend but will be in Canada this time. My next trip to PRG is tentatively scheduled for mid-October and I will try to manage a MUC stopover.

Today, I received an email from the hotel's GM mr. Zuendel thanking me for filling in the questionnaire. Really top class service, it cannot get any better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.