FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort {MEX} [leaving Hilton on October 31, 2022] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1259379-hilton-puerto-vallarta-resort-mex-leaving-hilton-october-31-2022-a.html)

travelexpert Sep 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort {MEX} [leaving Hilton on October 31, 2022]

Just came across this press release dated 02 September 2011 at Hilton's Global Media Center:

PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico and MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide today announced that it has signed a franchise development agreement with Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe for the first Hilton Hotels & Resorts property in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Scheduled to open in Q2 2012, Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort forms part of the company's aggressive expansion campaign to grow the Hilton Worldwide portfolio throughout Mexico and Latin America.

Located just five minutes from Puerto Vallarta's International Airport and cruise ship terminal, Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort will present vanguard and elegant architectural and design concepts that integrate the senses. A world-renowned architectural firm, selected by Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe, will create elements of enjoyment, relaxation and comfort for all guests. The all-inclusive property will join Hilton Resorts, a specific collection of premier properties within the Hilton Hotels & Resorts portfolio that are designed for travelers seeking relaxation and rejuvenation in the world's most sought after destinations.

"Latin America remains a key development market for us as our brand continues its rapid global growth," said Dave Horton, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts. "Hilton Puerto Vallarta will be a much anticipated addition to this leading leisure travel market."

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort will feature 259 luxury rooms, executive and honeymoon suites with modern décor, deluxe amenities and state of the art facilities surrounded by spectacular views of the mountains and the Bandera's Bay. Guests of Hilton Puerto Vallarta will also enjoy proximity to two elite shopping centers just a few feet away and the traditional Malecon just 10 minutes from the hotel.

"We are working with ELIAS ELIAS A R Architects to create cutting edge concepts and quality designs for this hotel's entertainment, relaxation, recreation and leisure areas. Our commitment in working with Hilton is to provide Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort guests and clients with unforgettable experiences," said Francisco Medina, CEO Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe.

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort will offer five gourmet culinary destinations that will provide memorable dining experiences including: international cuisine at "SEA FIRE," Mexican food at "La Catrina," Italian cuisine at "Cinque Terre," theme nights in "The Beach" near "O West Lounge" featuring martinis, tapas and spectacular views of the Bandera´s Bay.

Guests seeking recreational options can choose to exercise in the hotel's Hilton Fitness by Precor gym, pamper themselves in the hotel spa with a Jacuzzi area, sauna, solarium and beauty salon, refresh in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool, or join the fun at the hotel's "Adventure Club," featuring specialized entertainment for all age groups.

For guests traveling on business, Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort will offer three meeting rooms and a full-service business center. For groups and conventions, Hilton Puerto Vallarta's Grand Salon is a perfect choice with a capacity for up to 600 persons in banquet setting.

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort will participate in Hilton HHonors®, the only guest rewards program that allows members to earn Points & Miles® for the same stay and redeem points for free nights with No Blackout Dates at more than 3,700 hotels worldwide.

Hilton Worldwide currently has a portfolio of more than 20 hotels and resorts open and welcoming travelers in Mexico. The company has eight hotels currently under development throughout the country and continues to actively pursue additional growth opportunities in Mexico.

Hilton Hotels & Resorts currently has the largest development pipeline in the brand's 92-year history. Learn more at www.hiltonglobalmediacenter.com/openings. To learn more about Hilton Resorts, visit www.hiltonglobalmediacenter.com/resorts

Minneapolis Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Now they need to get a property in Cancun, again.

travelexpert Sep 18, 2011 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Minneapolis (Post 17116859)
Now they need to get a property in Cancun, again.

Thanks for that info--had no idea about Hilton Cancun no longer being a Hilton (now Iberostar). Left without any fanfare....

But still think Hilton Los Cabos is one of the best Hilton resorts anywhere! So there is an alternative for a Mexico vacation.

roknroll Jul 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Anyone have any updated info on this? It will be all-inclusive, what does this mean for reward redemptions? I see that Rose Hall in Jamaica (also AI) is 60k points per night. Was looking at trip to Puerto Vallarta for my wife's bday in February and I just came across this hotel. I've got a glut of HHonors points, so this would be perfect, but it's not showing any award availability at all. Wonder if it will open up?

Millej Jul 26, 2012 6:17 am

I was advised last week by HH that the resort doesn't have an opening date yet, but is taking reservations starting as of November 2nd (Pretty sure it was the 2nd) 2012.

I'm looking forward to this resort with the sell off of Cancun. It's a shame, the Cancun property was fantastic.

dll Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I've just booked a one-night stay here for January on the phone. Agent was confused as to whether the 60,000/night rate was for ala carte or all-inclusive. Suggested I make the booking then check back with hotel directly later in the year. If it is indeed all-inclusive this will end up being a pretty good deal for us on this specific instance as we really just want a place to crash at the end of a longer corporate retreat in the area. Do note that parking is listed as $50/night. Not sure if that's USD but if so, yikes!

gbearbuck Oct 3, 2012 8:48 pm

Looks like they will not let you book with the multi night (4-6+) for points.

Any reviews or anybody have a room booked soon? The photo's look nice... with a discount on points I wouldn't have a problem booking a week or so...

david55 Oct 5, 2012 7:02 am

The hotel seems to be carved out on a corner of the old Krystal property. From what I read the two properties are owned by the same Mexican family. We stayed at the Krystal property many years ago. It was sprawling but rundown. There is a HUGE discotheque in the front of the property but it shouldn't impact the Hilton location. It is a shame that it is an AI....nothing in the room rates posted indicate you can opt out.

FWIW... it is not in one of my favorite areas of PV. I like to be closer to town or south.

3Cforme Oct 5, 2012 8:22 am

Originally Posted by gbearbuck (Post 19433730)
Looks like they will not let you book with the multi night (4-6+) for points.

I'm finding availability for 4+ nights on many dates in November but the hotel is classed as Distinctive Awards at 60K per night for a Standard Room Reward, and no GLON discount is applied (which is consistent as it's not in Cats 3-7).

zorrobandit Nov 5, 2012 8:12 am

Greetings. This is my first time posting on FT, though I've lurked for several years. :-) Bumping this topic as I am planning a stay at this Hilton Puerto Vallarta Dec 15-18. Any Fters stay here? I haven't been able to find a trip report. Rates are attractive just before Christmas; wondering if the hotel is fully up and running and if all restaurants are open. Also wondering if upgrades are given per HHonors Gold VIP policy.

alfaman Nov 5, 2012 10:14 am

thanks for the info..going next year

zorrobandit Nov 5, 2012 9:06 pm

Hilton Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive, anyone stay here yet?

Greetings. This is my first time posting on FT HHonors Forum, though I've lurked for several years. :-) I am planning a stay at the new Hilton Puerto Vallarta Dec 15-18. Any Fters stay here? I haven't been able to find a trip report. Rates are attractive just before Christmas; wondering if the hotel is fully up and running and if all restaurants are open. Also wondering if upgrades are given per HHonors Gold VIP policy.

comfortablynumb Nov 6, 2012 8:05 am

The open date was pushed back to Nov 2. Whether that happened or not I don't know. There is still "light" construction going on. Part of it (tower) is new; part is utilizing buildings from the Krystal resort. You have a beautiful beach there; one of the best in PV. If they haven't changed the grounds much you'll find very lush and green.

You might want to post your question on Trip Advisor Puerto Vallarta forum; resurrect an older thread (Sept?) where people were asking at that time about a tentative Oct opening.

Enjoy your stay in Vallarta. Tho you are AI, get out and about to downtown/Malecon and take in the local scene. It's a very safe city so have no worries about that.

zorrobandit Nov 6, 2012 9:20 am

Mixture of AI and non-AI for our 7 day trip

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 19633850)
The open date was pushed back to Nov 2. Whether that happened or not I don't know. There is still "light" construction going on. Part of it (tower) is new; part is utilizing buildings from the Krystal resort. You have a beautiful beach there; one of the best in PV. If they haven't changed the grounds much you'll find very lush and green.

You might want to post your question on Trip Advisor Puerto Vallarta forum; resurrect an older thread (Sept?) where people were asking at that time about a tentative Oct opening.

Enjoy your stay in Vallarta. Tho you are AI, get out and about to downtown/Malecon and take in the local scene. It's a very safe city so have no worries about that.

Thanks for your comments. Our plan is to stay Dec 15-18 at this Hilton AI to just relax, and then switch to either the Marriott or Westin for Dec 18-22 and go non-AI for the rest of the stay. We do want to get out and experience PV culture and all the restaurants. Also I plan to schedule our excursions (Las Caletas, Sierra Madre South, and Rhythms of the Nite) during the last 4 nts, so we won't feel we are missing out on the meals included in the AI the 1st 3 nts.

Question 1: You mentioned the beach is nice near the Hilton, is it much better than the beach in the Marina district by the Marriott or Westin? That would be a positive because I heard the Marina district beaches are not that great.

Question 2: Are the excursions I mentioned (through Vallarta Adventures) worth it, or just tourist traps?

Question 3: For the non-AI portion of our stay, would you recommend the Marriott or Westin? Marriott is more highly ranked in TripAdvisor, but the Westin is about $30/nt cheaper with the promotions going on right now.

Thanks in advance!

janetdoe Nov 6, 2012 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by zorrobandit (Post 19634350)
Question 1: You mentioned the beach is nice near the Hilton, is it much better than the beach in the Marina district by the Marriott or Westin? That would be a positive because I heard the Marina district beaches are not that great.

Question 2: Are the excursions I mentioned (through Vallarta Adventures) worth it, or just tourist traps?

Question 3: For the non-AI portion of our stay, would you recommend the Marriott or Westin? Marriott is more highly ranked in TripAdvisor, but the Westin is about $30/nt cheaper with the promotions going on right now.

Thanks in advance!

1. Not sure.
2. Probably. In Mexico, I usually find you can negotiate almost anything cheaper than what an agency would charge you. If you are staying near the marina, consider hiring a boat to take you out and catch some dorado (mahi-mahi) for dinner. If the all-inclusive has any decent restaurants, they should be able to cook it up for you that night.
3. I hate all Westins because they have dispensers that spray nasty smelly chemicals on you whenever you walk by. <shrug> It would be worth $30 a night for me not to have to deal with that.