Go Back   > > >

Old Jun 29, 16, 9:01 am   #136

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, UA Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob03 View Post
Just curious about fluctuating point values. I'm considering trying out this resort for a vacation but all I'm finding are absolutely terrible points rates for three adults. The cheapest I can find seems to be over 150k a night across a few different months.

Is everyone finding 50k redemption values during special sales or promotions?
I was wondering about that as well. I was looking to stay at this hotel in May but only premium reward was available and they were crazy high. I thought about paying cash but once you put down 2 adults the price jumps up to over $240 a night. I ended up paying half as much staying at the Marriott CasaMagna which was amazing. Since we don't drink, even with the food, it was cheaper than Hilton's price. I think Marriott CasaMagna was better than Hilton Cabo which was great too when we were there a few years ago.
Need is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 16, 1:07 pm   #137

I found 50k redemptions, then they disappeared, then a week later they were back. It helps to log in as diamond status probably got the basic room redemption to pop back up....I tried booking and even though it was listed as 50k, it kept trying to charge me more to complete the booking....I finally had to call the service number and get them to make the 50k redemptions. My wife and I are both diamond and I got 2 night and she got 2 nights July 2-5......I am hoping for a room upgrade since it is the rainy season and temps will be in 100's during our stay...hoping to have a great ac for siesta time. From what I've read though diamond doesn't mean crap here and I should keep my expectations low....I booked the following 3 nights at the Hyatt Ziva and am confident that we will be happy there, even as a platinum.....last year we did the Hilton and Hyatt in Rose Hall Jamaica and were very happy with both properties....they are only a few more points than PVR, so I am curious as to how they compare....bottom line is: this is one case which it doesn't hurt to call, see if they can find the 50k rates, and tell you available dates.
wise2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 16, 8:51 pm   #138

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
We are considering this resort for an anniversary trip next year. When I search availability using points it shows me rooms at 60K when not logged into my account, but once I log in it does not show that availability. Am I missing something??
dsokolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 16, 12:19 am   #139

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsokolik View Post
We are considering this resort for an anniversary trip next year. When I search availability using points it shows me rooms at 60K when not logged into my account, but once I log in it does not show that availability. Am I missing something??
Do you have sufficient points in your account? If not the rate will not show.
sbams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 16, 11:21 am   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbams View Post
Do you have sufficient points in your account? If not the rate will not show.
Yes, more than enough....have over 500K currently.
Old Sep 1, 16, 1:54 pm   #141

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, BW Diamond
Was just looking at points rates for this property too. Right now, all they have for late September are 20k points+$125 cash per night. Basically paying 20k points to save $100 per night.
LA_FadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 16, 4:24 pm   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway View Post
Was just looking at points rates for this property too. Right now, all they have for late September are 20k points+$125 cash per night. Basically paying 20k points to save $100 per night.
Did you try it logged into your account and then again not logged in?
Old Sep 2, 16, 11:55 am   #143

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, UA Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsokolik View Post
Did you try it logged into your account and then again not logged in?
The 50K room only shows up for me when I am not logged in. And I have enough points. The $125 + 20K room do show either way, but not the 50K room. Very strange indeed. I guess you could try calling to get the 50K room....
Need is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 16, 4:54 pm   #144

Programs: DL PLT,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Yes, exact same for me. I emailed HH site and they sais it's a "glitch". Call and you can get points only redemption.
BigFishDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 16, 5:01 pm   #145

Programs: DL PLT,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishDave View Post
Yes, exact same for me. I emailed HH site and they said it's a "glitch". Call and you can get points only redemption.
BigFishDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 17, 9:52 am   #146

Trip Review

I just completed a 4 night Reward Stay at Hilton Puerto Vallarta.

Food:
Mixed review. The food would not prevent me from staying here, nor would it be the reason for staying here. We ate at La Catrina and Fogo restaurants and the buffet. We really did enjoy La Catrina. If this restaurant here in my home city, I wouldn't mind going again and paying for the food. We were surprised at how much we liked La Catrina. Fogo (Brazilian steakhouse) was OK. We only ate there once, did not feel like going a second time, because we knew it would be the exact same food and set up. If I paid for it, I would not have wanted to pay much. It was good, a lot of meat served.. but not great. I would not visit one in my hometown. We did not eat at the french or sushi places because of our baby not being allowed in. However, I stopped by the sushi bar to look at the menu-there were just 6 sushi options. I will note that on day two of the trip I got really sick in my stomach. 5 days later, I am still having troble eating. I don't know if it was from the buffet food-but if I were to bet- I would say it was.

The buffet... The breakfast buffet was actually pretty decent. Lunch was OK. Dinner was terrible. I did notice that the buffet was much better on the weekends that the weekday. The weekday items seemed to be leftovers from the week.. there was no theme or organization to the spread. In one buffet server I saw spaghetti next to fired rice. Or tacos next to bacon.

Drinks:
They were very weak. But if you asked them to pour more liquor they will. We also learned on the 3rd day that Diamond members do not have to pay extra for top shelf liquor.

Staff:
The staff were all very nice. The pool service was slow-but tipping the sped up their service.

Room:
We were upgraded to a room with a roof top Jacuzzi suite.. which was amazing! However-the AC-was not amazing. The AC ran 24/7 and never dropped below 23C. The temp outside was mid 80's and one day it was fully cloudy, and still could not get the temp down in the room. They provided a pack n play for our infant. The mattress pad inside was terrible, a foam mattress that was unsafe for any infant. We asked for a different one, and the second one sent had the same issue. We discovered that the sofa cushion fit perfectly inside the pack n play-so our baby slept on that inside the crib.

Great location access to the airport an only cost 80-100 pesos to get to the city. But unless you are wanting to do excursions with Vallarta Adventures, you might find yourself bored at this resort.

Last edited by JetSet05; May 19, 17 at 7:58 am
JetSet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 17, 7:07 am   #147

Thanks for the review. I'll be here in August for 3 nights and then to Secrets for 2 more. Interested in comparing the 2
mikef07 is offline   Reply With Quote