Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines {US-CA}

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines {US-CA}

Old Dec 13, 19, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by brp View Post
Thanks for the report. This matches our experiences from a while back (we used to stay here maybe 4-5 years ago and have been favoring Embassy Suites since). We will be staying here over Christmas, though. I assume that the resort-fee-food-credit can be applied to the Diamond breakfast up-charge, correct?

Cheers.
Yes, I think so. But I used the food credits on dinner.
Old Dec 13, 19, 4:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by firrainbow View Post
Yes, I think so. But I used the food credits on dinner.
This is a Christmas time visit with local family. Dinner's covered

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 19, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
Considering this is a corporate operated Hilton (not a franchise), this is interesting.

They charge a resort fee, for what? They charge for parking, why? Because they can. There is no reason for any of these charges at this property and I am pretty sure they had neither fee a decade ago.

The 11 AM time surprises me too as I cannot think of a Hilton or affiliate I've stayed in that has a check out time other than Noon. I did cancel a stay at a Las Vegas Hilton Vacation Club or whatever they call it that had a 10 AM Check Out Time.

They probably need to start some guaranteed late check out times for Gold/Diamond like Hyatt has, even if the quantity is limited per year.
They did, indeed, charge for parking a decade or more ago.

Very few, if any, hotels charged "resort fees" before ~ 1995, in my recollection.
Old Aug 26, 20, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Has anyone stayed in the "COASTAL GOLF VIEW TERRACE SUITE" or "COASTAL VIEW VISTA SUITE"?

Both have very large (400 sq ft) terraces and look pretty cool.

David
Old Dec 15, 20, 6:04 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
I just happened to look here for an upcoming stay and it seems that the daily credit (wasn't it like $10) has now been removed from the perks for the Resort Charge. But, of course, the Resort Charge was not reduced

Cheers.
DiverDave and happychic like this.
Old Dec 17, 20, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles View Post
[Post # 91, Nov 2013] Hmmm.....was there in September and there was a key-controlled, self-park garage and valet parking.

Here is link to hotel site with rates

http://www.hiltonlajollatorreypines....irections.html
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis View Post
[Post # 106, Sep 2014] Stayed at this hotel at a $129 rate last weekend and enjoyed it. Breakfast $6 to upgrade as everyone states. Got a seat on the terrace outside both mornings. Very pleasant. Fourth floor but all the way inside, so partial ocean views still nice.

There is free parking on Callan Rd and N torrey pines pl. you can walk 5 minutes along N Torrey pines rd to the hotel, he last day I figured how to cut through the Lodge at Torrey pines to the golf course to the hilton.

A bit of a hike (10 minutes along concrete road) to the trailhead in the park to the beach, but at least you don't have to worry about finding parking.
Originally Posted by poser View Post
[Post # 109, Nov 2014] I'm here now...there is tons of off property parking. During the week you will run into less spaces due to no parking during set hours but weekends are no problem.
Originally Posted by brp View Post
[Post # 110, Dec 2014] Science Park Road, right across from the Hilton Driveway, has plenty of parking with no posted restrictions. We're parked there now.
Originally Posted by dlaue View Post
[Post # 123, Dec 2019] They did, indeed, charge for parking a decade or more ago.

Very few, if any, hotels charged "resort fees" before ~ 1995, in my recollection.
I parked across the street around 2003 and May 2013 with no problem. The hiking trails there are beautiful.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Dec 17, 20 at 9:40 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: