Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:36 am

The city Hilton has another fantastic advantage. The hotel across the street from the Hilton - Bilderburg garden hotel has one of the best restaurants (Mangerie de Kersentuin) in Amsterdam and well worth the visit. I have gone there even when I was staying downtown. Need to book on Sat night.

The Schiphol Hilton is only functional with nothing to do other than walk around in the airport and hit the pubs there.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:46 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The City AMS Hilton is only a 20 minute walk from the Van Gogh Museum. On a weekend the rate differential will be quite a bit from the airport Hilton.

The Hilton Schiphol has some nice corner rooms with large bathrooms and larger bedroom space. The view is only of airport runways. The canal side view from the Hilton is one of the best in the city for looking out over Amsterdam.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
If you're feeling like a true overdose of culture and have not yet been to the Rijksmuseum, I'd certainly recommend making some time for this museum as well which is also not too far way (if I remember correctly) from the Hilton.

Hope you enjoy your time in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately, the Rijksmuseum is undergoing major renovations right now, and only the "Masters Exhibit" is open. That said, even this one exhibit can take hours to see.

Again, the City Hilton is in a great location for the museums. If you stay at AMS plan on a good hour each way to the museums by train & tram.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Exclamation

FYI, there's a mini-Rijksmuseum airside at AMS. I was there last week. It is free and has about 20 paintings and a museum shop. It's between the D and E gates.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
What to do with 2 adults and a child

I have stayed in this hotel and I loved it. Very nice rooms. The club is excellent (although a bit small). It is located is with a residential area and backs onto a canal. Lovely walks around there and you can easely walk to the museums and the downtown area.

I plan to be there this summer as well, but this time with spouse and older child. When selecting a room I get this statement:
Family Plan Description:
Max 2 per room due to fire regulations.
Not applicable on exec floor/suites/alcove rooms.
1 room/ 1 adult = 1 person occupancy rate
1 room/ 2 adults = 2 person occupancy rate
2 rooms/ 1 or 2 adults = 1 person occupancy rate per room
Can I conclude that we can all stay in one room if we book one on the executive floor? As anyone stayed there as a family of 3 in one room?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 8:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
YXU - Interesting! When you input two adults and one child (City Hilton), the response shows as "sold out"! OTOH, two adults, all kinds of options pop up, including the two people - one room - fire reg$ information. Nice options including the Van Gogh Museum package (I didn't say cheap!)

What I'd do is probably CALL - at an hour local time when the checkin desk isn't busy checking guests in and out - and ask for a manager and explain your dilemma. You could try the HH 800 in the US first, somene might have a reasonable answer. (Fire regs might allow 3 in a suite, whatever...)

I woudn't conclude anything, and would definitely call - I'd hate to show up with one room / 3 guests and get really bad news... e.g. "We have your room, but your older child is going to have to find a place to stay!"

Bon voyage!

Originally Posted by fromYXU
I have stayed in this hotel and I loved it. Very nice rooms. The club is excellent (although a bit small). It is located is with a residential area and backs onto a canal. Lovely walks around there and you can easely walk to the museums and the downtown area.

I plan to be there this summer as well, but this time with spouse and older child. When selecting a room I get this statement:

Can I conclude that we can all stay in one room if we book one on the executive floor? As anyone stayed there as a family of 3 in one room?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Many European hotels (Hiltons included) have "Family rooms" that are not listed on the web site. As noted above, a call to the hotel is the best way to reserve as the online systems always seem to require multiple rooms if you tell the truth.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
JDiver and xyzzy,
Thanks for the advice. I did call them. Very friendly and helpfull. For 50 euros I will have a larger room, a cot and breakfast included. Much better than a second room at 200 euros!
Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2004, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Club Open on Weekends?

Is the Executive Club open at the Amsterdam Hilton on the weekends? In another thread, someone mentioned that it isn't at the airport hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 2:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
xyzzy - EXCELLENT! ^ Not to mention, a few extra € in your pocket! (Many European hotels are quite family-friendly.)

Originally Posted by fromYXU
JDiver and xyzzy,
Thanks for the advice. I did call them. Very friendly and helpfull. For 50 euros I will have a larger room, a cot and breakfast included. Much better than a second room at 200 euros!
Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2004, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thanks for the advice!

Thank you everyone for your input --I booked myself a room at the Amsterdam Hilton in-town.

If anyone has a recent trip report about this place, please post it

And if anyone knows it the HHonors lounge is open on weekends, post that too.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 12:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
I stay at the AMS Hilton on Apollolaan about twice a year.

As a Gold, I'm always upgraded to the Exec Floor and the lounge is always open in the evenings and the mornings.

If Breakfast is including in your rate, go downstairs to the restaurant, the selection is an order of magnitude better.

Compared to many European Hiltons the lounge is rather sparse for food and drink, but it is very nice.

I've always found the AMS Hilton staff to be professional but cool and I have had some extremely minor service issues around the edges.

It's only about a 15 minute walk to the Van Gogh Museum and a very pleasant one. Tram line 2 will take you straight there quickly.
Old May 2, 2004, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Actually, in March/April I stayed at both Hiltons in Amsterdam with my mother. There were definite reasons for staying at each. The Hilton Amsterdam was great to us. It was a reward stay and they were very welcoming. While breakfast in the lounge may have been a bit sparse to an American, it seemed very typical of the European breakfast (and better than the one offered in the Paris Hilton lounge). However, it was a fantastic place to kick back at the end of the night with a cocktail. We were there during the week and the lounge was never crowded.

I can't say much about the airport Hilton. We arrived after coming in from Brussels on the Thalys train before flying out the next day. The room was decent sized. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was good. One thing to mention is that it's a good long walk from the airport terminal building to the hotel. They do offer a shuttle from the airport as well.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Hiltons in Amsterdam

I believe there are some Hiltons in Amsterdam but can't seem to find them on the website. Can anyone help me out with names, locations, etc. Looking to stay there 3 nights starting 7/5/05. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:17 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
I believe there are some Hiltons in Amsterdam but can't seem to find them on the website. Can anyone help me out with names, locations, etc. Looking to stay there 3 nights starting 7/5/05. Thanks.
Hilton Amsterdam is a nice hotel and the spread in the exec lounge is good for both breakfast and cocktails. I've not stayed at the others. I don't see any point to staying at the airport if you want to see Amsterdam. Last one isn't really in Amsterdam.

From search on site:

Hilton Amsterdam
Apollolaan 138
Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1077 BG
31-20-7106000
1.82 miles from city center

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Schiphol Boulevard 701
Schiphol, Netherlands, 1118 BN
31-(0)20-710 4000
7.33 miles from city center

Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen
Van Weerden Poelmanweg 4-6
Soestduinen, Netherlands, 3768 MN
31-35-6038383
21.53 miles from city center

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.