Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Tampa, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Tampa, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:06 am

You can't beat the price at the Doubletree Tampa Westshore.

Try and get a room with two beds since they are the ones which have recently been remodelled.

I love this hotel and the food is fantastic, even room service fees are reasonable. Plus they have four vans. They will take you just about anywhere you want (please tip accordingly), but expect a delay when picking you up...even from the airport.

I will be in Tampa this weekend and I am staying at the Grand Hyatt, which I am sure will be wonderful but...

no warm cookie!
Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:14 pm

Tampa--Which Hilton property?

We will be in Tampa for a couple of nights next month and will stay in a Hilton property for a base. We fly there and are spending 2 nights and a day and a half just to look around quickly before heading south. We won't be using beaches there, and we're not going to Busch Gardens, so we don't need to consider those locations.

We do get in about 12:30 AM so we won't be up for a really long drive from the airport, and we'll be looking for a comfortable night's sleep.

I'm looking at all of these properties:

HILTON AIRPORT
DOUBLETREE AIRPORT-WESTSHORE
DOUBLETREE GUEST SUITES TAMPA BAY
HAMPTON INN ROCKY POINT
HAMPTON INN VETERANS EXPRESSWAY

Can you give me any recommendations or comments? or are there other properties I should consider?

Thanks very much for the help.

[This message has been edited by kkid (edited Feb 18, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by kkid (edited Feb 18, 2004).]
Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:37 pm

Tampa hotel advice

Tampa Area Hotel Review
Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:23 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Any airport hotel is a good home base. You will be close to a couple nice malls plus tons of restaurants. Also near Legend Field (Yankees) and Raymond James stadium. The DT Rocky Point is on the bay, offering suite rooms. Don't forget about the ES Westshore. At least you will get a made to order breakfast and cocktails during your stay. All TPA Hiltons have really gone up in price. I'm usually there a couple times a month and I have been getting better rates at the Grand Hyatt. Have fun in TPA, I'll be there next week!

Old Feb 18, 2004, 7:51 pm

Doubletree Guest Suites is a gorgeous property with a view that overlooks the Bay. A definite recommendation.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
The HGI in Ybor might be a good choice. It's right in Ybor City (which is in the middle of Tampa). You can walk to most places. There is a streetcar that you can take to the downtown entertaiment area. Good eats, sights, entertaiment ect... It's a short drive to the airport and easy to get on the highway to head south.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:27 am

Questons about the Ybor City HGI--we wouldn't be going to bars or that kind of entertainment. Would Ybor City still be a good place to stay? I had the impression it is a real party type area.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kkid:
Questons about the Ybor City HGI--we wouldn't be going to bars or that kind of entertainment. Would Ybor City still be a good place to stay? I had the impression it is a real party type area.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.
</font>
What are you looking to do. There are a variety of places to eat in Ybor. A large movie complex with some shops, ect.. You can take the trolley to the waterfront in Tampa where the aquarium is and there are movies and restaurants ect there. Ybor is nice because you can stroll around without having to drive. Yes there are lots of clubs and bars but other things also. If you stay at any of the other Hilton hotels you will need to drive to anyplace.

Another option might be to stay in St. Petersburg. It's about a 20-30 drive from the airport. It's a nice city with things to do for a day,is very walkable and there is a trolley that you can take around to see the sights. Again St. Petersburg would be an easy place to hit the highway to head south.

Anything special you are wanting to do while here?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:45 pm

I would recommend the Doubletree- Busch Gardens. The rooms are nice and seem to be always reasonably priced. It was approx. a 15 minute drive from the airport.
You may want to try and look for this location on expedia or travelocity. One of them always beat the price listed on hilton.com. So you may be able to take advantage of best rate guaranteed.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Reddington Beach Hilton is right on beach between Clearwater and St Pete.
Old May 24, 2004, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Tampa Recommendation?

I am planning a stay in Tampa this coming weekend and need a recommendation for Reward stay. Currently all that it available are the following 4 hotels:

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Hilton St Petersberg
Doubletree Tampa Westshore
Hilton Gardens Ybor Historic District

Which is the best property?
Old May 24, 2004, 6:02 pm

It depends on what kind of activities you plan for your stay. If nightlife is something you enjoy, HGI Ybor City would be my first choice. Great quiet location with walking distance to numerous hot night spots.
Old May 24, 2004, 9:01 pm

Here is a review that I did...

on this city. Just follow this link
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=tampa

also do a search and you will find a lot of information.
Old May 24, 2004, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TDGooldy
I am planning a stay in Tampa this coming weekend and need a recommendation for Reward stay. Currently all that it available are the following 4 hotels:

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
Hilton St Petersberg
Doubletree Tampa Westshore
Hilton Gardens Ybor Historic District

Which is the best property?
NOT the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I've recently spent a week there and they are seriously in need of a remodel. Everything from the furniture, to the carpet to the alarm clock looks like 1970's. I thought about checking out after my first night, but had a great client rate that couldn't compete with other area hotels - even the Hampton. If I was paying the "Best Available" rate of $170/night though, I would've been gone after the first night, if not sooner.
Old May 24, 2004, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by MCOisHOME2ME
NOT the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. I've recently spent a week there and they are seriously in need of a remodel. Everything from the furniture, to the carpet to the alarm clock looks like 1970's. I thought about checking out after my first night, but had a great client rate that couldn't compete with other area hotels - even the Hampton. If I was paying the "Best Available" rate of $170/night though, I would've been gone after the first night, if not sooner.

I stayed at the Hilton Tampa Airport for a few weeks a year ago and the description above is fairly accurate. The executive floor was a little better and offered a few things in the lounge. Note that St. Pete is a decent drive away from Tampa, so depending upon where you want to visit, you may not want to stay in St Pete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.